2019 offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Cherry Picker »

We probably need one of CC’s capologists to chime in to settle this.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ya I'm not saying i know or anything...I'm just speculating.

I slayed a killer 1 gram kush rocket about an hour ago and I'm burning right the fuck out here...
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:15 pm We probably need one of CC’s capologists to chime in to settle this.
That's not me, I just find stuff.
(B) Nevertheless, in order to ensure that Clubs may have sufficient time and flexibility to plan their rosters during the off-season, the Upper Limit shall be temporarily raised by ten (10) percent to permit Clubs additional flexibility with their Averaged Club Salaries during the period from July 1 until and including the last day of Training Camp. On the day following the last day of Training Camp, the Upper Limit shall again be lowered to the level as calculated in Section 50.5(b), and all Clubs must once again be in compliance with the Upper Limit from the day following the last day of Training Camp until and including June 30
We've got some time. We're good.
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I think they are already good. No moves are necessary except choosing who to send to Utica.
The only confirmation needed is that the players that don’t require waivers don’t count against the cap when the roster is set on the first day, after that Roussel can be on IR, and the roster is fine at least until he is healthy.

There seems to be a certain number of people that like Goldobin on the team. I have no idea why he has value to some people, but hopefully there is a GM out there that really likes him, too. It’d be perfect if the Canucks could give Goldobin away as a kicker to move Eriksson’s contract. Since they are inside the cap limit there is no way they should give up a pick or a good asset like Jake just to move that contract. Just waive Eriksson to Utica.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Pretty impressed with the off season so far. Jimbro has checked off every box in player needs from last year, just needs to move some contracts out now.

I don't get the 'throw Virtanen, Gobby, or picks' thing in when people talk about moving Sutter. Just ask less in the trade. If we get a 4th for him, cool. No need to toss more into that, and I don't think that's an option for Jimbro.

Ericksson will probably be a package if they are looking at a hockey trade, but really, he has value to cap floor teams. He is a 3million dollar player with a 6 million dollar contract And he needs a change of scenery... or he rides busses in Utica. He will either talk to Jimmy and waive his no trade so JB can start moving him (I don't believe they have spoken yet), or gives up the charted planes and starts to ride the bus.

A question I have, is how many times can a player be forced to clear waivers in a single season with a single team? JB best move might be to wait until the season starts, see what other teams get injuries, then call a the other GM and give them a heads up that Ericksson is hitting the waiver wire :lol:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

We can absorb louis' 6 this year and next but for his last year itll weigh pretty heavy
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:52 am
A question I have, is how many times can a player be forced to clear waivers in a single season with a single team? JB best move might be to wait until the season starts, see what other teams get injuries, then call a the other GM and give them a heads up that Ericksson is hitting the waiver wire :lol:
It's not uncommon for injuries to roster players in preseason. There could definitely an opportunity then or shortly after.
Although, like everyone else, we have to be cap compliant be the start of the season.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:20 am The only confirmation needed is that the players that don’t require waivers don’t count against the cap when the roster is set on the first day, after that Roussel can be on IR, and the roster is fine at least until he is healthy.
Yes, players not requiring waivers can be considered on the farm in a paper transaction on opening day.

But we don't really want to use LTIR this year as that would mean Petey/Hughes earned bonuses would be on the cap in 2020.

Right Diehard? ;)

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:20 am There seems to be a certain number of people that like Goldobin on the team. I have no idea why he has value to some people, but hopefully there is a GM out there that really likes him, too. It’d be perfect if the Canucks could give Goldobin away as a kicker to move Eriksson’s contract. Since they are inside the cap limit there is no way they should give up a pick or a good asset like Jake just to move that contract. Just waive Eriksson to Utica.
I don't see a spot for Goldie on the team now.

I'm sure some GMs would like to give him a look, so there is trade value there.

I have suggested packaging him with Tree (rights) and Loui to Ottawa... for a 4th.

There they could play with fellow Russkie Zaitsev... how do you say "We're a team" in Russian? :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:33 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:20 am The only confirmation needed is that the players that don’t require waivers don’t count against the cap when the roster is set on the first day, after that Roussel can be on IR, and the roster is fine at least until he is healthy.
Yes, players not requiring waivers can be considered on the farm in a paper transaction on opening day.

But we don't really want to use LTIR this year as that would mean Petey/Hughes earned bonuses would be on the cap in 2020.

Right Diehard? ;)

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:20 am There seems to be a certain number of people that like Goldobin on the team. I have no idea why he has value to some people, but hopefully there is a GM out there that really likes him, too. It’d be perfect if the Canucks could give Goldobin away as a kicker to move Eriksson’s contract. Since they are inside the cap limit there is no way they should give up a pick or a good asset like Jake just to move that contract. Just waive Eriksson to Utica.

I have suggested packaging him with Tree (rights) and Loui to Ottawa... for a 4th.

There they could play with fellow Russkie Zaitsev... how do you say "We're a team" in Russian? :)
Мы команда
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

rats19 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:42 pm Мы команда
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:52 am Pretty impressed with the off season so far. Jimbro has checked off every box in player needs from last year
Jimbro dialed it in and slayed it. The only thing missing was the mic drop.

Impressed? Me? No. The likes of Doc, Tops and I have known this about Jimbro from Day 1.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I really hope we have a good and healthy season. Vancouver fans can be some of the most annoying in the league. It’d be nice to win again so they can be annoying to other city’s fans instead of each other. It feels better when everyone hates us. Canucks were beginning to get sympathy from other fans, gross. I prefer hate.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:28 pm I really hope we have a good and healthy season. Vancouver fans like Blob can be some of the most annoying in the league. It’d be nice to win again so they can be annoying to other city’s fans instead of each other. It feels better when everyone hates us. Canucks were beginning to get sympathy from other fans, gross. I prefer hate.
fyp
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

You're pencilling Ferland in the top 6? I think I prefer him on the 3rd line, Ferland-Gaudette-Virtanen would be a good tertiary threat.

Maybe Goldy is the prime candidate for the Hodgson treatment early on? He will likely sign for less than $1.5mil, meaning that if he is demoted virtually all of his cap hit is gone. If he does put up the offensive numbers, he becomes a tradeable asset. Otherwise, he is currently about as valuable as Ben Hutton - he could become a UFA and have to wait for the phone to ring.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:20 pm

You're pencilling Ferland in the top 6? I think I prefer him on the 3rd line, Ferland-Gaudette-Virtanen would be a good tertiary threat.
Ferland-Pete-Brock, Pearson-Bo-Miller, *Rousell-Gaudette-Virtanen, Leivo-Dog-Motte

*Baer in that spot until Rousell comes back, then trade him if he manages to stay healthy.

Trade Loui, Sutter, Schaller, and Goldie over the summer.

ESQ wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:20 pm Maybe Goldy is the prime candidate for the Hodgson treatment early on? He will likely sign for less than $1.5mil, meaning that if he is demoted virtually all of his cap hit is gone. If he does put up the offensive numbers, he becomes a tradeable asset. Otherwise, he is currently about as valuable as Ben Hutton - he could become a UFA and have to wait for the phone to ring.
Nah, no room for Goldie and personally his value is as good now as it'll ever be.

He's tradeable now in my opinion, but if we play him and he fails he may become untradeable.
____
Try to focus on someday.