2019 offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Mickey107 »

Mëds wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:09 pm Where's the animated one? I didn't see it.
38 seconds. It's a real clip but looks animated, like the youtubes that kid makes for game analysis. It's sped up too.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

It's a matter of taste..

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jersey sales from Oct. 2018 - to June 2019.

https://twitter.com/CoolHockey/status/1 ... 9089928192
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fuck its slow around here...

If Gillis was running things still there would be waaay more traffic.

There would be a sundin type of signing or...some sort of expert consultant added (poached from aussie rules?)

Come on dude...lets here a rant
If you need air...call it in
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:18 am Fuck its slow around here...

There would be a sundin type of signing or...some sort of expert consultant added (poached from aussie rules?)

Jimbo can’t do much without moving some money, so he is forced to be quiet. He’s hooped himself cap wise both this year and next, as the team will be at the cap again next year just by re-signing their own guys (Stecher, Jake, Gaudette, Marky).

The team you see is what you get for a couple of seasons barring a major trade that moves a piece of the core. Might as well get used to it being quiet around here.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

You think it's quiet now??!!
Wait til next year,like diehard says the club has blown their budget,won't be much happening in UFA market for Canucks, not a bad thing though.
We'll all be talking about their playoff success!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

eriksson on his way back
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:18 am Fuck its slow around here...

6 years and still no job, UDL. Nuff said.

It drives Blobbee crazy, he loved the Players Agent
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dangler wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:51 am You think it's quiet now??!!
Wait til next year,like diehard says the club has blown their budget,won't be much happening in UFA market for Canucks, not a bad thing though.
We'll all be talking about their playoff success!!
I wouldn’t say that, a lot of prospects will be kicking at the door to get in:

Podkozlin - I predict he bolts the K after 1
Hoglander - if he doesn’t make it this season
Lockwood - a determined kid, Loyal to Van
Woo
Tryamkin - returns, K contract over
Madden - wanted to leave school this year
Juolevi - if not this year
Gadjovich - adjusted to the pro game
Lind - adjusted to the pro game

Trades

Sutter dealt? Gaudette 3rd live centre
Markstrom or Demko dealt?
Tanev dealt?

All kinds of action next summer
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Looking more and more likely that the Boeser signing might be the last important move this summer, and they won’t be able to get another top six winger. This means Baertschi will likely be in the top six again which is very risky with his concussion issues. Maybe someone blooms this off season and grows into a legitimate top six winger. They could really use one more top six piece. Virtanen, Leivo, Gaudette, Lind, MacEwen, Gadjovich, Palmu, Hoglander, even defensively weak Goldobin and (keeping an open mind however unlikely) Eriksson might have a chance if they score a ton in the preseason. To be in the top six, solid defensive play will be necessary, but not sufficient. Scoring will be a must. We’ll see who if anyone is scoring early in camp. The door is wide open for one of these young players to show something if a reasonable trade for a better top six option isn’t available for the rest of this summer. Pearson and Horvat need a scoring winger. They have enough experience to carry a rookie. Who’s it going to be?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I think Baertschi is one more gentle hit from retirement. Seemingly it doesn’t take much to concuss him, not a good sign

Yeah if Jimbro can’t get creative dumping LE somehow or trading Sutter, then yeah no it will be from within. Keep an eye out for Hoglander making the grade at LW, he’s dawg determined that kid. Think Lind and Gadjovich need to stew longer, it’s good they’ve got their 1st year eye opener under the belt, expect s much better sophomore year from those two wide-eyed rooks. Mackewen seems to be the obvious choice to graduate. But yeah, no more house cleaning means no more UFA’s, unless they move Tanev for pick or prospect and then promote one of Rafferty or Juolevi?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:39 am Looking more and more likely that the Boeser signing might be the last important move this summer, and they won’t be able to get another top six winger. This means Baertschi will likely be in the top six again which is very risky with his concussion issues. Maybe someone blooms this off season and grows into a legitimate top six winger. They could really use one more top six piece. Virtanen, Leivo, Gaudette, Lind, MacEwen, Gadjovich, Palmu, Hoglander, even defensively weak Goldobin and (keeping an open mind however unlikely) Eriksson might have a chance if they score a ton in the preseason. To be in the top six, solid defensive play will be necessary, but not sufficient. Scoring will be a must. We’ll see who if anyone is scoring early in camp. The door is wide open for one of these young players to show something if a reasonable trade for a better top six option isn’t available for the rest of this summer. Pearson and Horvat need a scoring winger. They have enough experience to carry a rookie. Who’s it going to be?
I know it's virtually impossible but there'd be a sort of poetic justice if Hoglander made the team and beat Eriksson out on the food
chain in regards to making the second or even third line while LE battled on the fourth in a defensive role.

I know this: I, for one, will not be fooled if LE comes and tries hard in camp and looks impressive at the start of the season.
Ah, Green wont get fooled. He knows. Eriksson is an inconsistent point producer for three years. Aint gonna change.

Best case scenario is he has a good camp and then maybe some team will make a reasonable, more reasonable, trade proposal.
Not gonna hold my breath, just trying to think positively...
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’ll me more interesting next summer when the new GM gets to put his stamp on the team.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:41 am It’ll me more interesting next summer when the new GM gets to put his stamp on the team.
“Dream on! dream on! Dream on!” Steven Tyler
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:11 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:41 am It’ll me more interesting next summer when the new GM gets to put his stamp on the team.
“Dream on! dream on! Dream on!” Steven Tyler
It’s not really a dream. Playoffs are a dream for next season and playoffs are what he needs to retain his job.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”