2019 offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8639
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by micky107 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:51 am

"evolution"

User avatar
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by DonCherry4PM » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:42 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:30 am
DonCherry4PM wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:01 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:15 pm
Whatevs pal, you go right ahead and post exclusively in that thread 24/7/365, it's all good, knock yourself out! :thumbs:
I don't recall ever saying anything about exclusively posting in that thread but please continue with your erroneous narrative.
I don't recall ever saying anything about you ever saying anything about exclusively posting in that thread

... but please continue with your erroneous narrative.
So you were just suggesting that I should exclusively post in that thread?

Say it ain't so, Strange. :cry:
Strangelove wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:30 am
Are we talking about hockey yet Mr Hockey Only? 8-)
No, Sir.

I thought in this here offseason thread we were supposed to engage in "good natured ribbing{s}" in order to "better understand where the other is coming from." :lol:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21120
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Strangelove » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:58 pm

DonCherry4PM wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:42 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:30 am
DonCherry4PM wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:01 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:15 pm
Whatevs pal, you go right ahead and post exclusively in that thread 24/7/365, it's all good, knock yourself out! :thumbs:
I don't recall ever saying anything about exclusively posting in that thread but please continue with your erroneous narrative.
I don't recall ever saying anything about you ever saying anything about exclusively posting in that thread

... but please continue with your erroneous narrative.
So you were just suggesting that I should exclusively post in that thread?

Say it ain't so, Strange. :cry:
Twas only good-natured ribbing. :wink:

DonCherry4PM wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:42 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:30 am
Are we talking about hockey yet Mr Hockey Only? 8-)
No, Sir.

I thought in this here offseason thread we were supposed to engage in "good natured ribbing{s}" in order to "better understand where the other is coming from." :lol:
By Jove I do believe he's got it! 8-)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15235
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:26 am

SKYO wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:15 pm


The best UFA signing last summer was Perron by the Blues for 4 years @ $4M per.
That’s almost Brandon Sutter money
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by The Brown Wizard » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:41 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:26 am
SKYO wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:15 pm


The best UFA signing last summer was Perron by the Blues for 4 years @ $4M per.
That’s almost Brandon Sutter money
:lol:

You really hammer on the sutter signing eh lol...pretty sure youre just goading doc and dude into a diaper fight...i approve :lol:
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21120
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Blob never responds when I mention Sutter has averaged close to 18 minutes per game over the last 4 seasons.

That's because he knows most forwards who averaged close to 18 minutes per game make a few Mill more than Sutts.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15235
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:50 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:45 pm
Blob never responds when I mention Sutter has averaged close to 18 minutes per game over the last 4 seasons.

That's because he knows most forwards who averaged close to 18 minutes per game make a few Mill more than Sutts.
He’s playing big minutes on the worst team in the NHL during that time. Big whoop. He’d be a 4th line player on most teams.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21120
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:52 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:50 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:45 pm
Blob never responds when I mention Sutter has averaged close to 18 minutes per game over the last 4 seasons.

That's because he knows most forwards who averaged close to 18 minutes per game make a few Mill more than Sutts.
He’s playing big minutes on the worst team in the NHL during that time. Big whoop. He’d be a 4th line player on most teams.
Yes, he'd go from the top in forward icetime to the bottom because the Blob says so! :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15235
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:58 pm

Well I should have said most if not all teams wouldn’t even want him on their roster at his price point
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21120
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:59 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:58 pm
Well I should have said most if not all teams wouldn’t even want him on their roster at his price point
Yeeeeeeeah, whatever you say Blob. :roll:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by The Brown Wizard » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:08 pm

:hmmm:

Doc with the passive aggresive brown text maneuver...
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21120
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:08 pm
:hmmm:

Doc with the passive aggresive brown text maneuver...
:twisted:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8639
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by micky107 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:23 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:08 pm
:hmmm:

Doc with the passive aggresive brown text maneuver...
Well, it's about Sutter.
"evolution"

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10730
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by SKYO » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:20 am

Myers wife and family approves.
Rick Dhaliwal:

I keep hearing the #Canucks will go after ufa D Tyler Myers and Jake Gardiner.

There will be lots of teams after both. Myers and Gardiner rep JP Barry joins us tomorrow morning on @Sportsnet650
.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15235
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:42 pm

SKYO wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:20 am
Myers wife and family approves.
Rick Dhaliwal:

I keep hearing the #Canucks will go after ufa D Tyler Myers and Jake Gardiner.

There will be lots of teams after both. Myers and Gardiner rep JP Barry joins us tomorrow morning on @Sportsnet650
.
Hopefully it’s all bullshit. The contracts those mediocre players are going to get will be horrible boat anchors. Time to purge some shitty contracts, not collect more.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Post Reply