Closing out the season (2018/19)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Would you rather see the Canucks Make or Miss the Playoffs this year?

MAKE - the kids will benefit
66%
MISS - what a waste
34%

Total votes: 29

theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Closing out the season (2018/19)

Post by theman »

Hutton and Strecher's improved play is a pleasant surprise this season. I am fine with an Edler extension as long as they can not protect him in an expansion draft. Really wish Tanev was healthy and they could trade him along with Sutter.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I guess the lesson on Tanev is this, if you are contemplating trading him next season do so early, he will be hurt by TDD.
The only HW the Canucks need
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:26 pm I guess the lesson on Tanev is this, if you are contemplating trading him next season do so early, he will be hurt by TDD.
He's likely a summer trade, assuming Hughes looks ready during his upcoming audition later this year. I can't see Jimbo re-signing Tanev with the guys that will be arriving over the next few years, so a trade is the best option.

Hopefully he's healthy in the summer - never can tell with Tanev!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Diehard1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:58 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:26 pm I guess the lesson on Tanev is this, if you are contemplating trading him next season do so early, he will be hurt by TDD.
He's likely a summer trade, assuming Hughes looks ready during his upcoming audition later this year. I can't see Jimbo re-signing Tanev with the guys that will be arriving over the next few years, so a trade is the best option.

Buy still; All you can do is ask for his list.
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Not much arriving on the right side of the defense. Woo? Chatfield? Maybe? Nothing else. The Canucks prospect depth is all on the left side, Hughes, Juolevi, Sautner, Tryamkin, Brisebois. Hard to move Tanev unless someone else is found.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:10 pm

Not much arriving on the right side of the defense. Woo? Chatfield? Maybe? Nothing else. The Canucks prospect depth is all on the left side, Hughes, Juolevi, Sautner, Tryamkin, Brisebois. Hard to move Tanev unless someone else is found.
Rayborn. Tanev is a mainstay for sure. The problem is his age and proneness together injured. By the time we are a contender again he will be done.

So the question is, does his presence add more to our development than any return would?
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:35 pm

Rayborn. Tanev is a mainstay for sure. The problem is his age and proneness together injured. By the time we are a contender again he will be done.

So the question is, does his presence add more to our development than any return would?
I would move his gimped ass for what we can as soon as we can.

Hes a good dman but its time to move on from the injury updates
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:07 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:35 pm

I would move his gimped ass for what we can as soon as we can.

Hes a good dman but its time to move on from the injury updates
Benning is a patient man, very calculating. I guarantee you YouDeeElle that he’s kicking tires all the time but he won’t give away freebies. The return on Chris “Sami Injuries Salo” Tanev are most likely, guarantee-ably low and is the deciding factor why he will remain a Canuck
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau