What to do with Alex Edler ?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: What to do with Alex Edler ?

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:12 am You are correct. I thought that the Flames pick was 11 but it ended up as 12.

Already have said that it was a shitty trade. No idea why it is being brought up again and again in multiple threads.
When you consider what:

The Oilers gave up for Adam Larsen
The Oilers gave up for Reinhart
The Avalanche gave up for Zadorov
The Flames gave up for headcase Hamilton
The Flames gave up for Hamonic
The Canucks gave up for Gudbranson
What the Canadians offered Alzner

Acquiring Defenceman (especially with a resume of being a former high first round pick) the premium is very high when considering how difficult it is to acquire top 4 Defenceman. This alone should excuse Benning for “trying” to eradicate a weakness (the defence) and selecting by need (Juolevi) instead of BPA, an honourable mistake considering that the last time the Canucks selected a Defenceman in the first round was Luc Bourdon 9 drafts prior and that in the 2 previous drafts wingers (Virtanen, Boeser) were selected with the Canucks 1st round picks and that heading in to the draft everyone in this town was saying we need to use the first on a Defenceman

But Blob conveniently ignores all of the above
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Take it to another thread for fuck sakes.

This is an Alex Edler thread
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:47 am. This alone should excuse Benning for “trying” to eradicate a weakness (the defence) and selecting by need (Juolevi) instead of BPA, an honourable mistake considering
:mex:

The round about way The Dude admits a wrong.

Good job buddy. All those hours of therapy on Docs knee are finally paying off
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:53 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:47 am. This alone should excuse Benning for “trying” to eradicate a weakness (the defence) and selecting by need (Juolevi) instead of BPA, an honourable mistake considering

The round about way The Dude admits a wrong.

I have said many times before that it was a mistake but unlike Blob I don’t get all postal about it and throw shade at Olli all day long. It won’t be the last a team regrets a decision at the draft, you’re drafting 18 year old teenagers ffs. Yakupov, Dal Colle, Puljujarvi, Griffin Reinhart, Nolan Patrick etc., etc., etc., but Blob’s knickers are bunched too tight and deep into the crevasse of his asse of his 5’-9” 270 lb burgers and beers body. “Let it go.” Let it go” - Jennifer Mathers to David Pratt
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob youre seriously shrinking and splaying out wider and wider every day. Better get that looked at :lol:

Ok i acknowledge you have admitted OJ wasnt the wise choice. I'm just stirring up the shit a bit. It gets boring sometimes around here.

Ita too bad though. OJ sure showed promise and appeared to fill the void at the time. Nobody could have predicted he would regress to where hes at.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The only thing holding him back is a fragile mentality. Don't they have people to fix these things? :)
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:06 am Blob youre seriously shrinking and splaying out wider and wider every day. Better get that looked at :lol:

Ok i acknowledge you have admitted OJ wasnt the wise choice. I'm just stirring up the shit a bit. It gets boring sometimes around here.

Ita too bad though. OJ sure showed promise and appeared to fill the void at the time. Nobody could have predicted he would regress to where hes at.
6ft 225 now equals 5 ft9 270. Who knew?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:06 am Blob youre seriously shrinking and splaying out wider and wider every day. Better get that looked at :lol:

The book isn’t written on OJ, he’s had a bad spell of injuries and was playing good hockey in his rookie season in Utica. He had some serious immaturity issues which is why Salo took him under his wing, and that was dealt with, but then the run of injuries happened. The whining about him is just typical of the impatient fans and media in this city
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ask Edler to waive to three or four teams. If he doesn’t offer 2 yrs and 9 million with no NTC.

If he doesn’t want it throw some coin at Anton Strahlman or Tyler Myers. Keep Hutton and play him with Myers/Strahlman. Put Hughes with Tanev. Sign a grizzled vet to play with Olaf. Keep Biega and/or Stecher as 7/8. Get rid of Gudbranson, Pouliott and Del Zotto at all costs.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Edler ain’t waiving Blob, it will be a 3 year contract, it will cost too much money to compete for Myers and Stralman, it won’t cost a lot to sign Edler as he wants to stay and retire a Canuck. We have that going for us. Hutton will be traded to make room on the left side for Hughes and quite possibly Olli
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

OJ could be added to a package for Nylander to ease perception about them losing youth.

Nylander would be a fuckin amazing boost to our top 6. Not to mention we can easily fit that 7 mill in moving forward
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:26 am Edler ain’t waiving Blob, it will be a 3 year contract, it cost too much money to compete firvMyers and Stralman, won’t cost a lot for Edler
If he won’t waive, rip the bandaid off. He will be 33 to start next season. His play could take a massive nosedive with those clunky wheels. It’s not like he’s going to be around when the team gets good again.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Look around the league, vets don't waive their NTC get traded and come back.

why I see the Canucks sign him to 2-3 yrs.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:49 am Look around the league, vets don't waive their NTC get traded and come back.

why I see the Canucks sign him to 2-3 yrs.
I’d go the third year at close to market value or thereabouts with some sort of NTC IF he waived. If he doesn’t he can have two years and 4-4.5 million per with zero trade protection.

Honestly if he allows the trade I could care less if he comes back
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:23 am Ask Edler to waive to three or four teams. If he doesn’t offer 2 yrs and 9 million with no NTC.

The round about way The Blob admits a wrong.

____
Try to focus on someday.