Trade Deadline, Feb.25, 2019 ?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Trade Deadline, Feb.25, 2019 ?

Post by Hockey Widow »

Sutter will be easier to move than Ericksson given his trade protection status. After next season Ericksson,s modified kicks in which is great timing since we won’t have to protect him in the expansion draft. But it also may make him moveable.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:46 am Sutter will be easier to move than Ericksson given his trade protection status. After next season Ericksson,s modified kicks in which is great timing since we won’t have to protect him in the expansion draft. But it also may make him moveable.
and Loui's real $ salary will be well below his cap hit.

how many times have we gone through this?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:46 am Sutter will be easier to move than Ericksson given his trade protection status. After next season Ericksson,s modified kicks in which is great timing since we won’t have to protect him in the expansion draft. But it also may make him moveable.
Good point about LE's modified ntc kicking in next offseason. :thumbs:
Hopefully he'll have a better 2019/20 season to help his value in a trade for 2020 summer.

I see two main pieces moved this offseason, Tanev dealt at the draft and Sutter dealt in July.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I'm thinking if, after July 1st, if Sutter is asked to hand in his list. (15 teams he will not allow), where is his mentality?
Does he want a bigger role on a lesser team or a possibly smaller one on one that he, (and his agent), project to be serious contenders?
Tough question!
Before he became so injury prone, I would have thought a bigger minute, attempt at being a leader type, on a bottom team.
Now I tend to think, less ice time, better chance for a cup.

Either way, I think we will have to wait till DD, 2020. Unless we want to retain. Even then, we wont get FA, (and that dont mean free agent) :devil:
Gaudette hopes for the big boot. As do I.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:02 am

Go through it as many times as you want. He is still owed two 4 million dollar bonuses on July 1,2019 and July 1,2020. He still eats 6 million of a teams cap either way. Teams have generally had to add assets to these putrid contracts to ditch them.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

A lot of his poor play this year, I blame on the sports hernia. He isn't a bad centre when he is on.
I'd write off this year, and see how he starts next season. I'd probably keep him as a fifth center playing on right wing until injuries occur.
I don't see any depth at centre, so why reduce what they have?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:16 am But a team needs to be careful because the moment a player comes off IR you must be cap compliant again. We ran into this with Salo. He was ready to come off IR but we were way over the cap. We managed to get him to the minors for conditioning to buy time and then miraculously another D got injured and was placed on IR. Cant remember who it was. Maybe Ballard or Mitchell. Doc would know :mrgreen:
It was Alex Edler. Microdistectomy surgery. To relieve back pain. The issue had been ongoing for awhile. They decided that the time to fix it was when Salo came off the IR.... It was 2011. The Canucks were comfortably in the playoff race. There is no salary cap in the playoffs.
Hono_rary Canadian
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:37 am
Topper wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:02 am

Go through it as many times as you want. He is still owed two 4 million dollar bonuses on July 1,2019 and July 1,2020. He still eats 6 million of a teams cap either way. Teams have generally had to add assets to these putrid contracts to ditch them.
FYI the July 1, 2020 bonus is $3M.

When it's time to trade Loui there will likely be some bottom feeders trying to reach the cap floor.

(who actually want a player to "eat 6 million of a teams cap"... if the actual money owed is lower of course)

I figured from the day this contract was signed that it was designed to make it easier to trade Loui on July 2 2020.

At that point he will be owed just $1M in actual dollars for the 2020-21 season.

(and then a total of $4M in 2021-22)

It's not a coincidence the obligation to Loui of having to allow a trade to 15 teams coincides with July 1 2020...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So we are stuck with him for 16 more months minimum

Yay
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

It says a lot that the only positive thing the eternal optimist can say about LE's deal is that we might be able to move it, someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:49 pm It says a lot that the only positive thing the eternal optimist can say about LE's deal is that we might be able to move it, someday.
Well he did score a big goal last night...thats a positive
If you need air...call it in
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:50 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:49 pm It says a lot that the only positive thing the eternal optimist can say about LE's deal is that we might be able to move it, someday.
Well he did score a big goal last night...thats a positive
Yep, and if he can score in every one of our remaining games, his contract would go from "putrid" to "disappointing."
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:16 am Retirement is a misnomer. Dorsett stopped playing due to injuries but officially won't retire until his contract is up.

Yes to answer your question. Dorsett is on IR until his contract expires then he will file his retirement papers I assume. A player wont just retire when they are under contract, due to injuries that is.
Interesting, thnx. :)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Big UFA signings of 2016 Update

Nielsen - 9 goals 23 assists
Okposo - 10 goals 14 assists
Eriksson - 10 goals 12 assists
Lucic - 5 goals 12 assists
Brouwer - 9 goals 7 assists
Backes - 5 goals 9 assists
Ladd - 3 goals 7 assists
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:02 pm Big UFA signings of 2016 Update

Nielsen - 9 goals 23 assists
Okposo - 10 goals 14 assists
Eriksson - 10 goals 12 assists
Lucic - 5 goals 12 assists
Brouwer - 9 goals 7 assists
Backes - 5 goals 9 assists
Ladd - 3 goals 7 assists
Quoted for relevance. Dere GM made a boo boo on July 1 so our Elmer can make one tooo. ( x 20 when you factor in all the other July 1 blunders)

Dose GMs made sum mizztskes toooo. Why u pick on himmm?

I too fucked up to bovver answearing yur kuestions.

Elmer da shit

55 yeaw ohhhd survivooor of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome

Signed Da Dude