Trade Deadline, Feb.25, 2019 ?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Deadline, Feb.25, 2019 ?

Post by 2Fingers »

rats19 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:15 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:49 pm
micky107 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:46 pm Per: Thoughts ?
Reefer - your thoughts on Per’s thoughts.
When you get reefs thoughts on per’s thoughts.....gimme your thoughts on that
I think, therefore I am.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:47 pm
I think, therefore I am.
That is the question :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lives they must lead - Charles Bukowski
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I think, therefore I am.
I think you need to sneak it in the old ladys back door tonight reef. Don't even tell her just lube it up all sneaky then slip it in...

You're welcome
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:26 am
I think, therefore I am.
I think you need to sneak it in the old ladys back door tonight reef. Don't even tell her just lube it up all sneaky then slip it in...

You're welcome
Listen to Yoodle, Reef. They like that shit. Don’t bother talking it over prior, they will shut that shit down. Just do it unbeknownst to them. You will become their hero.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:22 am
SKYO wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:58 am I think it might take $11.5M per, EK then would be the highest paid dman in the league.

Doughty - $11M
PK Subban - $9M
OEL - $8.25M
Carlson - $8M
Seriously though, do we have the cap space to even sign Karlsson? Considering we're prob going to have to give Brockstar + Hutty significant raises. Our only pending free agent with a hefty price is Edler and he's prob going to resign here. Unless JB can clear out some guys like Eriksson, Sutter, Spooner, etc.

Just curious, I noticed that Dorsett's name is still on our list in NHL numbers, do we still get a cap hit from him even though he retired?
https://www.nhlnumbers.com/team-salarie ... salary-cap
At $11.5M we can fit EK, but we'd have to buyout Schaller plus trade Stecher and Granlund (easy trades).

Sign Boeser to something around Monahan's $6.375M - $6.5M per.

Edler two years @ 5.5M

Bridge Goldy, Leivo. Huts a micro raise for a couple more years.

Then in two years when Petey will command $11-$12M per - Edler, Pearson, Tanev & maybe Marky's contracts all come off the books and Seattle will likely take a veteran via expansion draft, then we go into core mode of keeping the center's locked up w/ Boeser and two dmen (EK & Q).

Have about $2M in cap space after that.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’d rather move the glass man than Stecher. Get rid of Sutter and retain on his deal for two years. Bully Eriksson into retiring after they pay his bonus
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:31 am I’d rather move the glass man than Stecher. Get rid of Sutter and retain on his deal for two years. Bully Eriksson into retiring after they pay his bonus
Sutter and Eriksson should be removed from the roster for next year. Theyve both been usurped by the next wave. LE is going to be tough to move so will the eye-ties pay to have him suck in utica? Sutter will appeal to a team Im pretty sure if we retain
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:35 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:31 am I’d rather move the glass man than Stecher. Get rid of Sutter and retain on his deal for two years. Bully Eriksson into retiring after they pay his bonus
Sutter and Eriksson should be removed from the roster for next year. Theyve both been usurped by the next wave. LE is going to be tough to move so will the eye-ties pay to have him suck in utica? Sutter will appeal to a team Im pretty sure if we retain
Eriksson plays with no "Gumption". Really hasn't since he's been here. Must have invested well cause one wouldn't think this was his last contract.
Just a care-free type of person, I guess?
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

SKYO wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:12 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:22 am
SKYO wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:58 am I think it might take $11.5M per, EK then would be the highest paid dman in the league.

Doughty - $11M
PK Subban - $9M
OEL - $8.25M
Carlson - $8M
Seriously though, do we have the cap space to even sign Karlsson? Considering we're prob going to have to give Brockstar + Hutty significant raises. Our only pending free agent with a hefty price is Edler and he's prob going to resign here. Unless JB can clear out some guys like Eriksson, Sutter, Spooner, etc.

Just curious, I noticed that Dorsett's name is still on our list in NHL numbers, do we still get a cap hit from him even though he retired?
https://www.nhlnumbers.com/team-salarie ... salary-cap
At $11.5M we can fit EK, but we'd have to buyout Schaller plus trade Stecher and Granlund (easy trades).

Sign Boeser to something around Monahan's $6.375M - $6.5M per.

Edler two years @ 5.5M

Bridge Goldy, Leivo. Huts a micro raise for a couple more years.

Then in two years when Petey will command $11-$12M per - Edler, Pearson, Tanev & maybe Marky's contracts all come off the books and Seattle will likely take a veteran via expansion draft, then we go into core mode of keeping the center's locked up w/ Boeser and two dmen (EK & Q).

Have about $2M in cap space after that.
Don’t resign Edler, move Eriksson, and use some of that 11.5 million to sign Panarin.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I dont see Karlsson wanting to come here. Panarin has stated he’d sign in Vancouver. Panarin is the Russian catalyst to getting Tryamkin back.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:12 am Have about $2M in cap space after that.
I believe the total is just under $76M... with a likely cap of $83M next season.

So... about $7M in cap space after that.

Also you have 24 players there, so scratch one and his cap hit.

Tons of cap-space for Karlsson or whomever...

EDIT: plus the $800K retention on Luongo... and not sure what your plan for Baer would be
____
Try to focus on someday.
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:55 am I dont see Karlsson wanting to come here. Panarin has stated he’d sign in Vancouver. Panarin is the Russian catalyst to getting Tryamkin back.
Benning shouldn't be adding Karlsson at all. Panarin is too old for our core and why they hell do we need to entice Tryamkin to come back?! So he can be our giant #5 or #6 D-man?! Give me a break.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Yeah, sure.

A lot of Swedes have played for the Canucks, and from what I understand they tend to like it there. I mean, most Swedes tend to be outdoorsy, and BC offers a lot for those who like the outdoors. You can ski, you can fish, lot of beautiful scenery, and at the same time the niceties of living in a big city. Also, I think there are a lot of things in Canada that are very similar to Scandinavia, so they feel right at home.

I'm sure Karlsson could enjoy hanging out with Edler, Pettersson and Markström. And Eriksson, if he's still around. It's not like he won't have North American friends, but I think most people enjoy having countrymen around, when living abroad.

Also, the hype around Pettersson could definitely factor in. Definitely not a minus.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Per, in all seriousness your thoughts on both Broberg and Soderstrom and who you picking if you had to choose and how high would you pick em? Top 10?