Injury Update 2018-19

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Injury Update 2018-19

Post by 2Fingers »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:14 pm https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancou ... -302083642
Edler will not play Monday. He said he's on schedule with his four-to-six week timetable, skating today was the next step in his recovery and he plans to travel with the Canucks to California this week.
This Wednesday would be 4 weeks for Edler, so he may play during the upcoming road trip.
Even I can admit him back is better than him gone.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"This is something I found on Baertschi"

This is not good. He gave an interview to a Swiss paper in German. 
It doesn't sound like he is making any kind of progress. He also doesn't know if it's the 4th or the 5th one but this one is hitting him really hard. He thought he could finish the game in Vegas but then felt so bad he had to see a doctor.
Via google translate: "Last Saturday I returned to training for the first time since October 24th. But I had to stop this exercise after 15 minutes, because I was so dizzy. As soon as I move and turn properly, I see everything around me completely blurry and have a headache. "
"A concussion can be cured after one and a half weeks, but it can take months. In this situation, I have no choice but to wait and think positive in spite of everything. "
They interviewed him walking around Granville Island - that's the positive news. He's not at home in a dark room and away from any kind of contact. He says that he needs to make sure to be 100% healthy before returning because there's a long life after hockey. His wife is expecting their 1st child for April.

"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Baertschi should sit out the season and check-in next season to see how he's feeling and if there is improvement, don't want permanent damage like some of the NHL players who were forced to retire and are still feeling the effects of their concussions.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

SKYO wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:01 am Baertschi should sit out the season and check-in next season to see how he's feeling and if there is improvement, don't want permanent damage like some of the NHL players who were forced to retire and are still feeling the effects of their concussions.
Yup. He would be nice to have on the roster but his best bet would be taking his time on returning. It's got to be tough on athletes in this position, working their whole life to make it in the big leagues and then having to make a decision to step away from their team & $$$
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

rats19 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:26 am http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/sven-bae ... on-canucks

Not looking good for Sven
No, it isn't. Every time I look at this hit, (and so many others like it), I don't see how they say innocent looking.
The upwards motion, (to me), is targeting the head area. The thing is, it doesn't have to, to be effective.

When I went through the ranks, stating in midget and up, fuck, man, we hit hard. Really hard. There just wasn't much intentional
targeting the head in the same way you see so much the past 10-15 years.
Guess it goes back to the way Scott Stevens started to get away with hits up high, though most of his hits were clean and "those", knocked the
wind out of guys. That's not a concussion.
Hip checks both along the boards and open ice have almost disappeared entirely, too bad. It was an art, not to mention the fact that to do it,
sometimes you had to skate backwards and be damn good at it. There are many forwards in the NHL today that can barely skate backwards,
at least not well.
Sven has been the victim of questionable hits no less than 3 times. Probably more but 3 that should have could have been reprimanded.

For the record, I love hard hitting hockey, always have. Just don't understand the fetish for head shots in the modern NHL ???
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

You're right Mick, it's an art. I never played hockey much but I did have the pleasure of laying someone once out with a hip-check along the boards.
It was a beautiful feeling, let me tell you.

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yeah it's like the NFL in that sense in terms of hard hitting it's awesome and everyone loves to see a good hit/tackle, but the league has to take out all the head shots and have much better protocol with regards to concussions as they are hard to analyze and determine the severity.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Every time I watch this, I get angrier. It was the beginning to a chain of circumstances that leave him where he is today.
First; Obviously the rest of last season would have "probably" been better, duh.
Second; Rehab for the back injury no doubt, changed the way he went about whatever training and preparing he did in
his shortened off season ritual, changed everything and IMO, led to his groin problems.
Maybe extra weight, whether on purpose or not.
Maybe not being able to work on speed skating because the back pain wasn't entirely gone or something to that effect.
The point is, I watched enough of this guy out of the gate and well into last year to know for sure he is a fierce competitor,
a quick learner with an absolute, almost fetish to learn more, do more, improve even more.
I hope he can get back to the point he would had none of this happened. He's as important to this franchise as anyone.

Note: I've been told by a few, the result of the impact into the exposed board, was not intentional.
Don't watch this wee thing, watch it full screen over and over.
I stand by; On Purpose!
Not really any different than Chara on Pacoretti wasn't on purpose, sure it wasn't.
Anyone ever tried skeet?
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Boeser went to hit a guy. The guy pushed back and Boeser paid for it. There was no intent other than self preservation on the part of Clutterbuck
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mick how is that intent? If it wasnt clusterfuck then it wouldnt be an issue. Hes a prick but not this time
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Who's the husband and who's the wife in Bubbles and UDL's marriage? And is, Reefer the Gimp locked up in the closet with a cue ball strapped over his mouth? We gotta know.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Angry Dude is coming out tonight.

Is it the Fetal Alcohol Syndrome or the Asbergers rearing its ugly head ?
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Not angry, just laying down the rock bottom/people's elbow on a few jabrone's needing some straightening out
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:01 pm Who's the husband and who's the wife in Bubbles and UDL's marriage? And is, Reefer the Gimp locked up in the closet with a cue ball strapped over his mouth? We gotta know.
"Bring out the gimp!" :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.