Goaltending

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Goaltending

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Luongo trade finally starting to work out for Gillis 6 years later - Markstrom. See what happens when you close the book too soon (see Juolevi haters). At least it (Markstrom) made up for Gillis inability to draft a goalie in 6 drafts.

Anybody notice 2nd round pick - Demko? Looking pretty good so far!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:35 am The Luongo trade finally starting to work out for Gillis 6 years later - Markstrom. See what happens when you close the book too soon (see Juolevi haters). At least it (Markstrom) made up for Gillis inability to draft a goalie in 6 drafts.

I think there are many uncertain feelings on Demko so far dude,His positional play issuspect but it is way early to conclude anything.

I think he’ll be fine, better than fine actually
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:55 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:35 am The Luongo trade finally starting to work out for Gillis 6 years later - Markstrom. See what happens when you close the book too soon (see Juolevi haters). At least it (Markstrom) made up for Gillis inability to draft a goalie in 6 drafts.

I think there are many uncertain feelings on Demko so far dude,His positional play issuspect but it is way early to conclude anything
See Markstrom and Book Closing
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:22 am
rats19 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:55 am

I think there are many uncertain feelings on Demko so far dude,His positional play issuspect but it is way early to conclude anything
See Markstrom and Book Closing
See way to early to conclude anything 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Markstrom just turned 29 in January. With the assistance of Ian Clarke, he is hitting his prime now,
I see no reason that he will slide backwards now. I have no idea whether Demko will be "The Guy".
Sure, if Markstrom continues along his current path next year, a substantial raise will be applicable, so what?
With the Canucks schedule never seemingly ever getting easier, I don't know how a system of 2 Isn't better.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

So long as their healthy, goalies age like fine wine and get better with age.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Part of the dilemma here is that we can only protect one goalie in 2021.

Gonna hafta re-sign Marx and then trade him or Demko by that point...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:08 pm Part of the dilemma here is that we can only protect one goalie in 2021.

If there's one thing the Luongo/Schneider experience should have taught us, it's that you shouldn't worry about the goaltending market.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:08 pm Part of the dilemma here is that we can only protect one goalie in 2021.

Doc it’s an embarrassment of riches thank to some shrewd drafting by Jim. Which is a good thing - trade!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:00 pm

If there's one thing the Luongo/Schneider experience should have taught us, it's that you shouldn't worry about the goaltending market.
Say that in Bountiful
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:48 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:00 pm

Say that in Bountiful
If they both suck it's a different conversation.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:35 am See what happens when you close the book too soon (see Juolevi haters).
Dahlen.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:26 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:35 am See what happens when you close the book too soon (see Juolevi haters).
Dahlen.
Bad attitude

See Jared McCann
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:20 pm
Dahlen.
Bad attitude

See Jared McCann
:lol:

Interesting how the narrative shifts to ignore double-standards.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:34 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:20 pm
Dahlen.
Bad attitude

See Jared McCann
:lol:

Interesting how the narrative shifts to ignore double-standards.
Alrighty then, you like Dahlen. Nothing I can do about that.