Goaltending

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Goaltending

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think it will all depend upon how Demko develops over the next two seasons. If he develops into a number one, we expose Markstrom. If not, we hope Dipietro has looked good in the AHL and expose Demko. A trade is possible too of one of Markstrom or Demko.

The plan is to have Demko ready to take the net by the time the expansion draft roles around. But Markstrom’s emergence this year has been a pleasant surprise. But they did have offers for Markstrom at the TDD so who knows what a season brings. With respect to goaltending I think you ignore the expansion draft as much as possible just let them play.
The only HW the Canucks need
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

yeah. It would be a pleasant surprise if Seattle grabbed someone with skill from us.

It means we had more than 10 guys with skill :)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:23 am CA talking about Luongo, his contract and how it could affect the Canucks cap recapture.

https://canucksarmy.com/2019/03/11/from ... um=twitter

4 thoughts.

- He just retires and we are kinda screwed.

- buy him out we are kinda screwed still but longer.

- Probable route, either Panthers or the Canucks put him on the LTIR plan like what Zetterberg and Hossa did.

-The highly unlikely, the team sues the league, as Lu's contract was signed prior to the new CBA with new rules implemented, unfair practice, but that would take years in court & litigation, which is why the LTIR makes the most sense for all parties involved.
Interesting that the writer discussed Canucks trading for and buying out Lou

... but didn't mention the possibility of Florida buying him out.

The real dollars it would cost the cats would be ~ $2M spread over 6 years

... with cap-hits of ~ 4M for 3 years and 400K for 3 years.

(Canucks amounts in both categories would be negligible... we retained just 15%)

I mean it could happen, depending on what Lou wants and/or a little incentive from Canucks.

But yeah, the likely route is LTIR.
____
Try to focus on someday.