Canuck predictions for 2018/19 season

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck predictions for 2018/19 season

Post by ESQ »

ESQ wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:25 am . But I will predict that this is the year that fans start noticing how terrible the goaltending is, after 2 years of nobody really paying attention.

I think the finish will be anywhere from 80ish points, to 30th overall.
Welp, I was totally wrong about the goaltending. Other than Petterson, I'd say goaltending was the best surprise development of the season
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canuck predictions for 2018/19 season

Post by Cornuck »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:54 pm As far as predicting anything for this season goes, I'm trying not to let an lacklustre pre-season affect my thoughts too much.

This team really could go either way. If they pull together and start being a "hard team to play against"™, we could be pleasantly surprised. The other side of the coin is a complete meltdown by the 20 game mark. I'm expecting the former.

There is some talent up front, which should make for some exciting moments. The D and G do not inspire much confidence, but if the D stays healthy and the Swedes in net find their game, it won't be a complete mess in our end.

At this point, my biggest concern is in net, and if we continue with the "first shot, first goal" play of Markstrom, this team will look bad trying to play catch-up all year.

I'll still go with my earlier prediction, that if we stay healthy and the kids score like we know they can - we'll be close to .500 hockey.
Markstrom was by far the biggest surprise this year (in a good way). Blob called it a couple of years ago, and I had my doubts, but the big Swede really turned it around this year. All in all, it was a good year, with lots of growth and flashes of potential. More improvement coming from within for next year, and hopefully an impactful UFA signing (right, Skyo? ;) )
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."