Canucks camp & preseason 2018/2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks camp & preseason 2018/2019

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:42 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:48 am Canucks 2019 Draft targets

1. Hughes
2. Cozens - can play left wing & centre
3. Kakko - cause he’s a left winger (need left wingers
4. Byram - defence
5. Broberg - defence
6. Krebs - left winger
7. Robertson - defence

Don’t need centres - Newhook, Turcotte, Dach, Suzuki, not right wingers - Lavoie, Podkolzin
What’s the deal with byram? Is he a right side guy? Offensive? I was reading a guy on Reddit that absolutely loves kakko and feels he should be first overall.

Is Reddit is picking up pace? I guarantee you ole Bumbles McKenzie posts there all the time. I hear it’s the Wild West over there, zero mod’ing. Should ole Chef Boi wonder over for a looksee?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

theman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:15 pm Loui Eriksson already out with leg injury, apparently 'week to week.'
Too bad its not year to year
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:24 pm

1. Hughes
4. Byram - defence
5. Broberg - defence
6. Krebs - left winger
7. Robertson - defence

Don’t need centres - Newhook, Turcotte, Dach, Suzuki, not right wingers - Lavoie, Podkolzin
What’s the deal with byram? Is he a right side guy? Offensive? I was reading a guy on Reddit that absolutely loves kakko and feels he should be first overall.

Is Reddit is picking up pace? I guarantee you ole Bumbles McKenzie posts there all the time. I hear it’s the Wild West over there, zero mod’ing. Should ole Chef Boi wonder over for a looksee?
I guarantee I’ve never posted there
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

theman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:15 pm Loui Eriksson already out with leg injury, apparently 'week to week.'
Too Bad; :wave: :D :drink: :cheers: :rockin:
"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:32 pm
Nice.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Actually, more like,

Not that I don't want him to have a good year, cause I do.
somewhere.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:43 pm
Perfect, let the fake injuries pile up keep young guys playing
Geez who could have seen that coming...
...good thing JB signed veteran forwards on July 1...
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:24 pm

1. Hughes
4. Byram - defence
5. Broberg - defence
6. Krebs - left winger
7. Robertson - defence

I like it, there’s decent posters, some dicks, some cool aid guys like me. Usually on the ball with twitter news, slightly faster than micky. It’s second place to here, waaay better than hfcanucks
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:06 pm
I think it’s good that two veterans are out for a bit. It gives the team time to take a look a a few kids. Maybe another one or two will get nicked up in the next week or so.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:23 pm
I think it’s good that two veterans are out for a bit. It gives the team time to take a look a a few kids. Maybe another one or two will get nicked up in the next week or so.
When you got generous owners smart to take advantage of that. Botch had an interesting take in his last article on the athletic. He was actually being pro ownership and saying we’ve heard lindens side of the story but the ownership/management side of the story will change opinion of them.

Here’s an excerpt
“He made the Aquilinis relatable when he revealed what Francesco told him during training camp about why he wants to win sooner than later.

“When I said to him I have a family member who is 72 years old and I want him to see a Cup in Vancouver before he dies, he said ‘My father is 82 years old (he’s really 85) and I want to bring a Cup to Vancouver when he is still alive,'” Uncle said.

Aquilini could win over a significant chunk of the market if he ever said that publicly.

In all honesty, the Uncle scoop feels significant. Part of me believes we could look back at it as one of the turning points in how some view what happened this summer in Rogers Arena.

Linden and his supporters have done an effective job in getting his side of the story out. He’s texted media. His friends have texted media.

But there is another side to it. I think public perception of Linden’s firing is going to change a little bit when some of the other side starts coming out, and it will”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:54 pm
Nice.
Career ending.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:28 pm
When you got generous owners smart to take advantage of that. Botch had an interesting take in his last article on the athletic. He was actually being pro ownership and saying we’ve heard lindens side of the story but the ownership/management side of the story will change opinion of them.

Here’s an excerpt
“He made the Aquilinis relatable when he revealed what Francesco told him during training camp about why he wants to win sooner than later.

“When I said to him I have a family member who is 72 years old and I want him to see a Cup in Vancouver before he dies, he said ‘My father is 82 years old (he’s really 85) and I want to bring a Cup to Vancouver when he is still alive,'” Uncle said.

Aquilini could win over a significant chunk of the market if he ever said that publicly.

In all honesty, the Uncle scoop feels significant. Part of me believes we could look back at it as one of the turning points in how some view what happened this summer in Rogers Arena.

Linden and his supporters have done an effective job in getting his side of the story out. He’s texted media. His friends have texted media.

But there is another side to it. I think public perception of Linden’s firing is going to change a little bit when some of the other side starts coming out, and it will”
I honestly don’t give a shit about Linden or why he got the boot. I care even less about Aquilini and think he is one of the poorer owners in the league. I am happy they aren’t afraid to scratch a cheque but they should stay the hell out of the operations of the team. It would be nice if they could hire a good strong president who has the testicles to tell them to fuck off. A good Pres with a managerial background could let Elmer do his thing with the drafting and signing of young prospects. Unfortunately these guys can’t keep their hands out of day to day operations
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:43 pm
Nice.
Career ending.
Reef, do you realize that is the worst and most embarrassing thing that could happen?
How many years do you want to pay him?
Not to mention that 4th we can get for him. :mrgreen:
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

micky107 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:53 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:43 pm
Nice.
Career ending.
Reef, do you realize that is the worst and most embarrassing thing that could happen?
How many years do you want to pay him?
Not to mention that 4th we can get for him. :mrgreen:
Yeah... but he is in my Canucks Deadpool this year... if I get 82 games out of Erickson, I am a happy camper
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Here’s an excerpt

That’s all well and good, the aquilinis playing god father 4 but it’s generally understood that are no shortcuts to a Stanley cup. Especially in this NHL. free agents are old a burned out. Trades require value for value. All that’s left is draft and develop and patience.

Linden’s story seemed about draft and develop. The Don’s about finding a short cut...

The story speaks for itself
Last edited by ukcanuck on Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.