Canucks camp & preseason 2018/2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks camp & preseason 2018/2019

Post by SKYO »

Speaking of Motte I think he's injured now according to imac, from blocking a shot in practice.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Where's Tonya Harding? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"evolution"
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

micky107 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:31 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:11 pm Gaudette, Ganuce and Joulevi sent down
Well ya'll won't be hearin as much from ole mick for a while. (not quitting).
There are no curse words strong enough to relay how negative I feel on Gaudette and Juolevi being sent down.
Down to a place that's chuck full of greenhorns in regards to developing nhl players.
I suppose most will say; Oh it will be good for them to get big minutes in the minors,
NO IT WONT !!!!! choke puke.
But mick, the experts on 650am all agree.
WTF do you think their going to say. They have a contract!!
Green is such an idiot!!!!! And yeah, I'm horrified JB would seem to be ok-ing it.
He drafts good players then allows this?
What the ---- will we be watching instead?
Sorry Doc, I tried but No-way I can condone this.
58 points, here we come.
This is awful but I am actually hoping for at least 2 season ending injuries, of my choosing, on the first game of the year, or as many as it takes
to get Oli and Adam sent immediately back up. :look: :look: :look: :look: :look: :look: :look:
I give you the 2010-2011 Vancouver Canucks roster:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leag ... 92011.html

Note only the Sedins, Malhotra, Alberts, Salo, Ballard and Luongo didn't spend much time in the minors/AHL. Luongo in his rookie season played 24 games for the Isles and 26 games in the AHL. Playing in the AHL didn't seem to hurt the rest of the squad at all.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah if more guys had actually stepped up and grabbed a spot like Petterson, then I’d understand the whining about not enough kids making the team. Gaudette isn’t good enough right now. Let him play 20 minutes a night in the top 6 in Utica and see if he has the chops. You don’t just hand him a spot.

Juolevi had back surgery in the summer. He’s clearly not here yet so why force the issue. Feed him heavy minutes in his he AHL and make him force managements hand to deal or waive someone. He’s not on the fast track but they need this player to be a top 4 guy in the future. Why rush him when he clearly isn’t ready?

Bu I guess the micken little gonna run around with his hair on fire.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:04 pm Yeah if more guys had actually stepped up and grabbed a spot like Petterson, then I’d understand the whining about not enough kids making the team. Gaudette isn’t good enough right now. Let him play 20 minutes a night in the top 6 in Utica and see if he has the chops. You don’t just hand him a spot.

Juolevi had back surgery in the summer. He’s clearly not here yet so why force the issue. Feed him heavy minutes in his he AHL and make him force managements hand to deal or waive someone. He’s not on the fast track but they need this player to be a top 4 guy in the future. Why rush him when he clearly isn’t ready?

You totally attempt to oversimplify.
It's not that simple and I'd bet both of them are sorry they were drafted by the Canucks.
Gaudette didn't get the same level of opportunity as pettersson and what is the purpose of Juolevi getting big minutes vs scrubs in the ahl?
Guess the Canuck defense is just so stacked eh?
Gaudette should be on the SECOND line with Pettersson.
Someone like Gadjovich probably isn't quite ready, although close on this team.
This isn't baseball and the minors do not mean or have the same effect.
Most players that get cut in the fashion these two did today, get mad and frustrated, not determined.
It usually ends up doing more damage than good in cases like these.
This franchise has a long and sorry history of letting players cook too long in minor leagues.

But your right, management's hands do need forcing.
Firing bill laforge would be a great start.

Benning is the one that's gonna lose here. This isn't what the fans wanted.

There was plenty of time for these guys to develop at the NHL level and they both deserved it, keep in mind, the coach is a confused puppy
that is already getting the whimpering thing down real good.
Guess the shelves were just too stocked with K-mart crap.

Mark my words; This was a regrettable day.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:08 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:04 pm Yeah if more guys had actually stepped up and grabbed a spot like Petterson, then I’d understand the whining about not enough kids making the team. Gaudette isn’t good enough right now. Let him play 20 minutes a night in the top 6 in Utica and see if he has the chops. You don’t just hand him a spot.

You totally attempt to oversimplify.
It's not that simple and I'd bet both of them are sorry they were drafted by the Canucks.
Gaudette didn't get the same level of opportunity as pettersson and what is the purpose of Juolevi getting big minutes vs scrubs in the ahl?
Guess the Canuck defense is just so stacked eh?
Gaudette should be on the SECOND line with Pettersson.
Someone like Gadjovich probably isn't quite ready, although close on this team.
This isn't baseball and the minors do not mean or have the same effect.
Most players that get cut in the fashion these two did today, get mad and frustrated, not determined.
It usually ends up doing more damage than good in cases like these.
This franchise has a long and sorry history of letting players cook too long in minor leagues.

But your right, management's hands do need forcing.
Firing bill laforge would be a great start.

Benning is the one that's gonna lose here. This isn't what the fans wanted.

There was plenty of time for these guys to develop at the NHL level and they both deserved it, keep in mind, the coach is a confused puppy
that is already getting the whimpering thing down real good.
Guess the shelves were just too stocked with K-mart crap.

Mark my words; This was a regrettable day.
Neither Gaudette nor Juolevi showed enough to stick with the club right now. Motte and Leipsic have outplayed Gaudette and deserve a longer look. I still think Motte gets cut because of his waiver status. But he has been one of our better forwards at camp.

Juolevi will be fine. Play big minutes in Utica and work his way back to the big club. I think we see him before the season is done.

Either injuries or players playing themselves off the team or trades will make room for call ups. And Pettersson hasn’t made the team yet.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Well, I've said my piece for now, and I stick by it.

I'll try and stay in the background on it at least as much as I can but it's a hell of a red flag.

Zip.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

“ This franchise has a long and storied history of letting kids cook too long in the minors.”

What a crock of shit. Name the names of this players affected by cooking in the minors for too long.

The only ones I’ve heard whining about this are you, David Pratt and the sperm guzzlers at hfboards. Pretty telling .... no?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:04 pm the micken little gonna run around with his hair on fire.
:lol:

The Micken Little though

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Joulevi being sent down I guarantee is more of a conditioning thing, he has had next to no summer for training, in Utica they got less games more practice and training time. I foresee both of joulevi and gaudette up after Christmas.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

micky107 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:31 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:11 pm Gaudette, Ganuce and Joulevi sent down
Well ya'll won't be hearin as much from ole mick for a while. (not quitting).
There are no curse words strong enough to relay how negative I feel on Gaudette and Juolevi being sent down.
Down to a place that's chuck full of greenhorns in regards to developing nhl players.
I suppose most will say; Oh it will be good for them to get big minutes in the minors,
NO IT WONT !!!!! choke puke.
But mick, the experts on 650am all agree.
WTF do you think their going to say. They have a contract!!
Green is such an idiot!!!!! And yeah, I'm horrified JB would seem to be ok-ing it.
He drafts good players then allows this?
What the ---- will we be watching instead?
Sorry Doc, I tried but No-way I can condone this.
58 points, here we come.
This is awful but I am actually hoping for at least 2 season ending injuries, of my choosing, on the first game of the year, or as many as it takes
to get Oli and Adam sent immediately back up. :look: :look: :look: :look: :look: :look: :look:
holy crap Mick.. don't go near any bridges this weekend!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strange to read this now. Actually, it isn't.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... ucks-coach
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hopefully Fred falls from emotional peaks as hard as he does from shingled peaks.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:00 am “ This franchise has a long and storied history of letting kids cook too long in the minors.”

What a crock of shit. Name the names of this players affected by cooking in the minors for too long.

The only ones I’ve heard whining about this are you, David Pratt and the sperm guzzlers at hfboards. Pretty telling .... no?
Agree, if anything this organization has a history of rushing prospects too quickly.