2018 Young Stars Tourny Pentiction

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: 2018 Young Stars Tourny Pentiction

Post by Mickey107 »

The only thing sitting on a lead gets you is "Butt Burn". Yikes..
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:02 pm Gaudette playing a big game. Looks real good.
Agreed, Gaudette has been awesome. (both games)
____
Try to focus on someday.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Brilliant pass reception by Dahlen. Reached behind at full stride, continuing on without turning around or breaking stride.

Entertaining skill.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Dahlen, you greedy bastard!

Actually, really nice goal.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

That's what we want Mick, greedy goalscorers. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Kulbakov was solid in goal. He signed with the Canucks (possibly for the ECHL) just last July 16.

If he keeps this up, he might follow Burrows example. :mex:
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:19 pm That's what we want Mick, greedy goalscorers. :D
Plus 2 fighters 8-)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tiger wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:33 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:19 pm That's what we want Mick, greedy goalscorers. :D
Plus 2 fighters 8-)
8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Pettersson and Dahlen. Here’s the thing, if they are deployed as line mates:

1) the inevitable Sedin comparisons will follow them for the first several years

2) like the twins they are highly skilled

3) like the twins they are not big guys

4) like the twins they are not heavy players but will engage and go to the dirty areas

4) like the twins they both have terrific shots

5) like the twins they playoff each other well but highly unlikely they will have that Sedinery third sense

6) unlike the twins they both cannot only pass but they both love to shoot (see Hank who had a terrific shot but always looked for Dank)

7) unlike the twins they have great speed.

8) if they remain linemates, like the twins, we will have years of debating who the perfect triplet is or should be.

It’s too early to see how they will ultimately be deployed and I suspect a lot will depend upon their defensive game and how much they get “bullied”, or more accurately how effective that on ice intimidation is, or is not.

I admit watching them has me excited at the possibilities. They may end up being more exciting than the twins even though that Sedin magic won’t be replicated.

Of course this depends upon them lining up together.
The only HW the Canucks need
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:14 pm Pettersson and Dahlen. Here’s the thing, if they are deployed as line mates:

1) the inevitable Sedin comparisons will follow them for the first several years

4) like the twins they are not heavy players but will engage and go to the dirty areas

5) like the twins they playoff each other well but highly unlikely they will have that Sedinery third sense

6) unlike the twins they both cannot only pass but they both love to shoot (see Hank who had a terrific shot but always looked for Dank)

8) if they remain linemates, like the twins, we will have years of debating who the perfect triplet is or should be.

It’s too early to see how they will ultimately be deployed and I suspect a lot will depend upon their defensive game and how much they get “bullied”, or more accurately how effective that on ice intimidation is, or is not.

I admit watching them has me excited at the possibilities. They may end up being more exciting than the twins even though that Sedin magic won’t be replicated.

I think all everyone will do is compare them to the Sedins which is not a bad thing. Burrows is available!

Nice to see the kids show well at Young Stars. A positive first step with many more steps to take! :)
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Ok CAnucks dominated in the first game and first period of the second. After that ig was all Winnipeg. Second gme we were outshot 40 to 30. Got great goaltending from Klubokov . Peterssen and Dahlin looked great though both had a tough time fighting for the puck against the bigger Wpg players. GUdettteplayed a good smart game. Gadovich is a pleasant surprise, a big player that can fight and score goals. Definitely an uprade on Archibald.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Iceman2014 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:41 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:14 pm Pettersson and Dahlen. Here’s the thing, if they are deployed as line mates:

I think all everyone will do is compare them to the Sedins which is not a bad thing. Burrows is available!

Nice to see the kids show well at Young Stars. A positive first step with many more steps to take! :)
Bring back Burrows. That’s the answer!!
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Not sure the Sedins ever had great shots Wids...just accurate
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:38 am The HF Benning Hate Crew members are in complete code blue damage control trying cool everybody’s enthusiastic jets. Canafan is leading the charge as usual. The BHC is in for a world of hurt with what’s a brewing on Canuck farm.
I loved zombotron’s, who says he’s posted over here, mod warning in the first post of game 2 that anybody questioning negativity was gonna get banned. They have seriously lost the plot over there.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:47 am Not sure the Sedins ever had great shots Wids...just accurate
Well there you go, they are better than the twins already. :mrgreen:

The twins could snipe really good. Not Boeser snipe, not Naslund pre elbow injury snipe, but snipe good.
The only HW the Canucks need