2019 UFA

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 UFA

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:56 pm A thought on Panarin based on Cherry's comment in another thread.....

Apparently Vancouver is the only Canadian city he hasn't ruled out. Based on what he's saying I'd say his preferences would be Anaheim, LA, San Jose, Vegas, Florida, Tampa, New York, and maybe even Arizona

Of all of those teams I think only Arizona, Florida, San Jose, and Vancouver, will be throwing the huge dollars at Karlsson should he be available. The rest either can't afford it, or would prefer to add some firepower up front.
Yeah Panarin will likely end up in NY/LA/Chicago or Florida, Florida pretty much tampering jk, have cleared the cap space for both Bob & Panarin, are gonna sign Joel Quenneville https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/flo ... story.html
Who apparently loved Panarin and was pissed he was traded. Florida is gonna put on a big show/push to land them Russians, I'd say they will offer the most money to Panarin.

They might give $10M per to each, maybe more for Panarin like $11M, & either buyout Reimer or Lu goes on LTIR and they probably move Hoffman for a couple picks.

Erik Karlsson to Vancouver - the owner will approve that, gonna need to do what all teams did to lure a top tier UFA, a recruitment bonanza - it'll be a long and difficult process, which if they plan on it, should have started the process behind the scenes by now, as they go into a recruiting battle against probably four or five other teams after the season concludes, Canucks gotta create a recruiting video featuring past and present Canucks including Pettersson, give them a personalized show/intro at Rogers, layout the blue-print on what the team is going to do for the long term vision & where the team is heading with young up-and-coming talents like Petey, Boeser, Horvat and Hughes , all the special contract talk, gotta meet with EK's agent at the draft.

And when they meet with EK, JB/Weisbrod explaining things, Green has to show how EK will be used on the top pairing, on the top powerplay.
Get players like the Sedins and current players who love playing and living in Vancouver to talk about the city & franchise. Even Naslund, Ohlund etc can chip in, to show how great Vancouver is with Swedish players & it's rich history of Swedes.

Put your best foot forward & hope for the best with your pitch for Karlsson, it'd be a game changer for the franchise if they indeed landed him.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Most of the big name golfers live in Florida. People think it's because they can practice all year and they say that too.
Bullshit. You can practice year round in So-Cal too.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Elliotte is saying Vancouver is going to go hard after Micheal Ferland this summer. While I like his style of play there’s a couple red flags with this player. He has had a couple of concussions during his career and you wonder how physical he will be long term. The physicality is a huge part of his game. He also hasn’t played more than 14 or 15 min a night in any season. Ideally if he signed here you’d want him stapled to Petterson and Boeser. Could he play 18 or 19 minutes a night?

I like this player and to me he’s one of the more intriguing free agents out there. This team is tiny and butter soft. Would he command more than 5 x 5?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

My desire is for Benning to not sign anyone July 1st for the simple reason to not hear Blobbee constantly moan and groan about it like a kid having just peed his pants for the entire term of the contract and beyond
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:48 am Elliotte is saying Vancouver is going to go hard after Micheal Ferland this summer. While I like his style of play there’s a couple red flags with this player. He has had a couple of concussions during his career and you wonder how physical he will be long term. The physicality is a huge part of his game. He also hasn’t played more than 14 or 15 min a night in any season. Ideally if he signed here you’d want him stapled to Petterson and Boeser. Could he play 18 or 19 minutes a night?

I like this player and to me he’s one of the more intriguing free agents out there. This team is tiny and butter soft. Would he command more than 5 x 5?
I'd welcome him on that top line for sure but hes going to make more than that as a ufa. Thats the problem. Hes not worth anywhere near that much or more
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:11 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:48 am Elliotte is saying Vancouver is going to go hard after Micheal Ferland this summer. While I like his style of play there’s a couple red flags with this player. He has had a couple of concussions during his career and you wonder how physical he will be long term. The physicality is a huge part of his game. He also hasn’t played more than 14 or 15 min a night in any season. Ideally if he signed here you’d want him stapled to Petterson and Boeser. Could he play 18 or 19 minutes a night?

I'd welcome him on that top line for sure but hes going to make more than that as a ufa. Thats the problem. Hes not worth anywhere near that much or more
Most nobody is worth what they get when they become a UFA. That’s what happens when bidding on an open market with multiple bidders trying to improve your team. If you want your GM to participate in this event then we should not be so critical of what we had to pay to concince someone to sign with us.

The one benefit of the UFA market? No asset was given up to acquire a UFA so maybe that helps ease the pain of overpayment crazy money season. But if you are a team fighting the cap orvwill be fighting the cap eventually then this is where you want to be careful. Canucks are getting close to that with big contracts coming for Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’d be fine if Elmer did nothing if he strikes out on Karlsson
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I think if its me calling the shots i pass on ferland unless he comes in at a reasonable number...which he wont.

He could be our very own david clarkson
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:35 am I think if its me calling the shots i pass on ferland unless he comes in at a reasonable number...which he wont.

Totally. I’m a fan of his game but he could be a disaster as well. You know Benning is going to be spending though. My preference would be to go balls out after EK or Duchene. If you get neither put the phone down for a few days and go dumpster diving. But with Elmer in a must win situation with a wad of cake we all know that won’t happen
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:31 am
If you want your GM to participate in this event then we should not be so critical of what we had to pay to concince someone to sign with us.

Interesting. Then I guess we shouldn’t praise the GM if he makes smart signings in UFA. Some people are just getting ready for their built in excuses on July 1st.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:45 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:35 am I think if its me calling the shots i pass on ferland unless he comes in at a reasonable number...which he wont.

Totally. I’m a fan of his game but he could be a disaster as well. You know Benning is going to be spending though. My preference would be to go balls out after EK or Duchene. If you get neither put the phone down for a few days and go dumpster diving. But with Elmer in a must win situation with a wad of cake we all know that won’t happen
Duchene disappears for seasons at a time, he’s a riskier signing than ferland.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

What’s reasonable to you? I say ~5ish for 4 years or 4ish for 5-6years. Would put him at 32. He would definitely fit Greene’s system and would help petey with his ability to forecheck and clean up garbage goals.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:09 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:45 am

Duchene disappears for seasons at a time, he’s a riskier signing than ferland.
No he doesn’t
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:13 pm

What’s reasonable to you? I say ~5ish for 4 years or 4ish for 5-6years. Would put him at 32. He would definitely fit Greene’s system and would help petey with his ability to forecheck and clean up garbage goals.
My best guess is some fucktard gm will pay him 6.5+ over 7 years. If u can get him as a ufa for 4 or 5 u do it. I just highly doubt he goes for that low and anything less than 7 years on the biggest payday of his life
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:20 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:13 pm

My best guess is some fucktard gm will pay him 6.5+ over 7 years. If u can get him as a ufa for 4 or 5 u do it. I just highly doubt he goes for that low and anything less than 7 years on the biggest payday of his life
Yeah at that price it’ll be a tough sell to the fan base. I wouldn’t even mind a 7th year but it’s gotta be a lot lower aav for that term.