2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So… are MacKinnon, Byram and Makar all still bums? Are they worthy of being first round picks?

Like that’s 0/3 and you weren’t even close on any of them. And your hate for all three guys, the way you relentlessly piled on them was …… weird as hell.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:59 am So… are MacKinnon, Byram and Makar all still bums? Are they worthy of being first round picks?

Like that’s 0/3 and you weren’t even close on any of them. And your hate for all three guys, the way you relentlessly piled on them was …… weird as hell.
Well dude they better be good. McKinnon was a 1st overall pick, and both Makar and Byram were 4th overall picks

The Avalanche were the worst team in the league, best odds at 1st overall in 2017, just like in 2013 when drafting McKinnon 1st overall and drafting top 3 for Landeskog and Duchene. It’s been well over a decade since they drafted Duchene back in the Gillis years, they better damn well be a good team by now. At least they are tracking better than fellow decade and longer rebuild sister team the Sabres
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

But you said they all sucked shit- multiple times. What about Alex Newhook? Does he also suck shit? You want to go 0/4? Like how could you be so out to lunch on all three guys? If I was to guess you just looked at stats and didn’t see them play.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Again McKinnon 1st overall, Makar and Byram 4th overall. They should be good.

What’s wrong with Byfield and Turcotte and Vilardi and Anderson Dolan and Madden and Fagemo…..
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:14 am Again McKinnon 1st overall, Makar and Byram 4th overall. They should be good.

What’s wrong with Byfield and Turcotte and Vilardi and Anderson Dolan and Madden and Fagemo…..
How do I know or care? I don’t like the Kings. I like the job they did in stockpiling picks and prospects. And they are also ahead of the Canucks. Are you aware of that? Do you realize Byfield hasn’t played a game this year? He’s been injured.

The real question is why do you pile on so many young kids 18-21 years old? Most notably Canadian kids. It’s kinda creepy for one and more often not you are blatantly wrong. 0/3 on one team alone. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:18 am Do you realize Byfield hasn’t played a game this year? He’s been injured.

Who cares. Injured or not, he’s a terrible choice at 2nd overall. Hasn’t impressed at all. He’s like the next Chad Kilger
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:44 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:18 am Do you realize Byfield hasn’t played a game this year? He’s been injured.

Who cares. Injured or not, he’s a terrible choice at 2nd overall. Hasn’t impressed at all. He’s like the next Chad Kilger
Based on what? How is he like Chad Kilger other than his height?

Hasn’t impressed you? Are you a scout? If so you’d be a hungry jobless scout based on your assessment of Nathan MacKinnon, Cale Makar and Bo Byram. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:50 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:44 pm

Based on what? How is he like Chad Kilger other than his height?

Hasn’t impressed you? Are you a scout? If so you’d be a hungry jobless scout based on your assessment of Nathan MacKinnon, Cale Makar and Bo Byram. :lol:
He stunk in two WJC’s and had been completely unimpressive since turning pro prior to his injury this season. Last year he was awful in the AHL. It’s astonishing you are still picking him 2nd overall. Astonishing
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:12 pm It’s astonishing you are still picking him 2nd overall. Astonishing
I didn’t say that. Does it ever get old constantly lying to save your skin after you’ve been annhilated on a message board?

What’s astonishing is your lack of understanding. You’ve had your head caved in yet you keep spinning shit on its ear. Keep on keepin on.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I don’t even like Byfield. I just wonder why a 57 year old [mod edit] from East Vancouver has so much bottled up vitriol against a kid he’s never met and will likely never see up close. Strange … really. :?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:53 pm I don’t even like Byfield. I just wonder why a 57 year old [mod edit] from East Vancouver has so much bottled up vitriol against a kid he’s never met and will likely never see up close. Strange … really. :?
Cause of your love for the Kings prospect pool. I’m trying to explain to you it’s not as good as you think it is
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:53 pm I don’t even like Byfield. I just wonder why a 57 year old [mod edit] from East Vancouver has so much bottled up vitriol against a kid he’s never met and will likely never see up close. Strange … really. :?
Maybe he's uneasy around dark skinned people?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:04 pm
Cause of your love for the Kings prospect pool. I’m trying to explain to you it’s not as good as you think it is
Honestly I just agree with the process. More high picks = better chances at picking core pieces for your organization. I think the Kings have a shot at being a good team due to the way they stripped things down and got some nice young kids because of it and built it back up.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

I don't have anything against Byfield myself but JD Burke kind of put me off of him when he became hysterical prior to that draft and started accusing everyone who preferred Stutzle of being a racist. That was really irritating. I have liked what little I have seen of Byfield but I do wonder about his skating.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:14 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:04 pm
Honestly I just agree with the process. More high picks = better chances at picking core pieces for your organization. I think the Kings have a shot at being a good team due to the way they stripped things down and got some nice young kids because of it and built it back up.
Who are these nice young kids? Who you’d compare to Pettersson, Hughes, Hoglander, Podkolzin etc.?