2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I hope Benning doesn’t sit out July 1st. I hope he lands a big fish or someone who fills a current need.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Stupid trade. Trying to short circuit a rebuild doesn’t work.

Silver lining is this will get Elmer the boot at the end of the year unless they miraculously make the playoffs.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I read TB played Miller on the 4th line in the playoffs this year. Sure as fuck hope Benning knows what hes doing
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BTW love the two gritty tank yet skilled wingers we drafted

Podkozlin - 6’-1” 200 lbs

Hoglander - 5’-9” 190 lbs
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:19 am
How are you supposed to get J.T. Millers without giving up something of value?
It would have been great to move out a roster player for Miller...but none of our roster players that are considered moveable have that much value.

And without trade protection, he could likely return a1st rounder in a year or two or three.

Having slept on it, my only criticism is I wish we'd snagged Toronto's 1st and traded that for Miller. At this stage, buying out Marleau is probably the only way for Jim to recoup a 1st, and he must have something up his sleeve (retirement) for Loui.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I guess we could just go on losing like your Buffalos and Edmonton’s and Arizona’s for decades in the name of draft picks that are not guaranteed.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

ESQ wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:31 am
It would have been great to move out a roster player for Miller...but none of our roster players that are considered moveable have that much value.

And without trade protection, he could likely return a1st rounder in a year or two or three.

Having slept on it, my only criticism is I wish we'd snagged Toronto's 1st and traded that for Miller. At this stage, buying out Marleau is probably the only way for Jim to recoup a 1st, and he must have something up his sleeve (retirement) for Loui.
Benning was asked in a media scrum if he was in on the Marleau trade. He said 'no'.

I wish we could have gotten a 1st for cash as well, but I don't think it wasn't offered to us.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:32 am I guess we could just go on losing like your Buffalos and Edmonton’s and Arizona’s for decades in the name of draft picks that are not guaranteed.
And yet youll endlessly flog the dead horse of gillis selling picks off for help when they were an actual contender...
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:37 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:32 am I guess we could just go on losing like your Buffalos and Edmonton’s and Arizona’s for decades in the name of draft picks that are not guaranteed.
And yet youll endlessly flog the dead horse of gillis selling picks off for help when they were an actual contender...
Yeah he talks out of both sides of his mouth. Benning could have traded Bo Horvat and the first round pick for JT Miller and he would defend it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ESQ wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:31 am

I don’t think Jimbro is done trading or signing UFA’s and getting rid of dead weight

IMO, you stick your Gaudettes in Utica and give the 3C to Sutter unless Gaudette is a standout at camp. Need to stop shoe horning uncooked prospects in the lineup. Juolevi has just started skating, he needs to get some hours in, leave him in Utica and keep Hutton. We need to get the farm healthy again. Sutter has a modified contract now, he’s still young and can be moved for a good asset, I see the same with Tanev and Hutton when Woo, Juolevi and Tryamkin are knocking at the door in that they can be moved for good assets with good seasons behind them on a good team. One of Markstrom or Demko will have to be moved and for a good asset when the Seattle Expansion draft comes around. The Canucks will soon be in a position of strength to recoup picks just like what Tampa was with Miller. Its cyclical
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

This is where an experienced President of Hockey Operations would come in handy. Elmer needs a boss to hold his hand and to talk him out of these dumb moves.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:37 am
Gillis was a terrible GM. Benning isn’t. Big difference
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:44 am This is where an experienced President of Hockey Operations would come in handy. Elmer needs a boss to hold his hand and to talk him out of these dumb moves.
Blob loved the trade Calgary made for Hamonic
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:46 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:44 am This is where an experienced President of Hockey Operations would come in handy. Elmer needs a boss to hold his hand and to talk him out of these dumb moves.
No I didnt
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:56 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:46 am
No I didnt
You didn’t hate it