2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by ESQ »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:42 am
If Canucks got the 1st pick I'd consider dealing it to Ottawa along with Eriksson, Baerstchi, Benn, and Sutter or Roussel for the 3rd pick.
That....is one of the most bananas things I've ever read.

I love it! Pull the trigger Jim! You're trading down two spots, but via the cap space you're adding Tanev, Toffoli, Markstrom, Jake, and possibly Barrie.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If this team won the first pick and traded down just to get rid of some contract blunders, I’d be pretty pissed.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:42 pm If this team won the first pick and traded down just to get rid of some contract blunders, I’d be pretty pissed.
:lol: facts.

Eriksson retires, too much smoke.
Baerstchi probably nixes contract to play in the NHL again, he's feenin', done with the AHL mentally and won't play in Europe/Russia, JB said he almost got traded anyways at TDD, so draft/offseason gone.
Benn easy peasy dealt.
Sutter the sole buy-out.
Roussel stays as he or Beags likely get taken by Seattle in 2021.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I doubt Beagle or Roussel will be targets of Seattle. Both of them barely looked like NHL players this year. They will probably take a younger guy like Juolevi, Lind or maybe MacEwen.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:48 pm I doubt Beagle or Roussel will be targets of Seattle. Both of them barely looked like NHL players this year. They will probably take a younger guy like Juolevi, Lind or maybe MacEwen.
Holy flippers blob...

To say they 'barely looked' like NHL players is a bit of a stretch. Lay off the weed and booze. You simple need to remember a couple yeats ago... Gaunce, Etem, Vey, etc.. THEY were barely NHL players!!

I do agree we will lose someone with more skill than one of our 4th line players, but make no mistake, they only guy on thiis team that isn't an NHL player is Loui.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:08 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:48 pm I doubt Beagle or Roussel will be targets of Seattle. Both of them barely looked like NHL players this year. They will probably take a younger guy like Juolevi, Lind or maybe MacEwen.
Holy flippers blob...

To say they 'barely looked' like NHL players is a bit of a stretch. Lay off the weed and booze. You simple need to remember a couple yeats ago... Gaunce, Etem, Vey, etc.. THEY were barely NHL players!!

I do agree we will lose someone with more skill than one of our 4th line players, but make no mistake, they only guy on thiis team that isn't an NHL player is Loui.
They were more effective than Gaunce, Etem and Vey. I won’t argue that. But Beagle is 35 now and he looked very slow last year. Roussel, probably due to the injury also looked slow. I shudder to think how these guys will look after another 80 + games. Both those contracts were a year or two too long.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Holy flippers blob...

To say they 'barely looked' like NHL players is a bit of a stretch. Lay off the weed and booze
The highs and lows of Blobbee McDoyles
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Roussel definitely had issues with his skating but I'd rather see how he looks after this extended break. Before the injury he was a half decent 4th line option

I wonder if I'm in the minority about Beagle but i like what he brings. He doesnt hurt the team and is always there sticking up for teammates. He is one of those heart and soul vets that winners always have on their rosters.

The roster and cap issues are resolved with eliminating one waste of space winger.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Roussel looked shockingly bad after coming back from injury, let’s hope it was due to the time off from the injury
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:39 am
Holy flippers blob...

To say they 'barely looked' like NHL players is a bit of a stretch. Lay off the weed and booze
The highs and lows of Blobbee McDoyles
You have basically agreed with me. “Beagle gets skates on pucks”

Roussel stunk after his first six or seven games.

Maybe these guys have another good year in them. Maybe. But they both sucked last year and neither will be a target of Seattle in all likelihood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:54 am Roussel looked shockingly bad after coming back from injury, let’s hope it was due to the time off from the injury
He had some sort of spiral break in his leg man. Thats like 18 months or more to recover from...if he even can return to normal
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Canucks haven't had much luck with enforcers, for a myriad of reasons, for a very long time. Nothing has really worked out very well.

Even the latest run to the cup team in 2011 was not what I'd call a team with enough enforcement. Showed at exactly the worst time too.

Sure; it's a bit passe but we could do with something a little more frightening then just Rousell, Benn and Myers.

Ferland aint gonna be it. Horvat is too valuable to spend majors in the box, though I wouldn't mind three or so a year.

Eddy is still the scariest cause you just never know when he'll lay someone out.

Marky, well he has to stay in the net. Can tell he wants to...

Tryamkin has to come in and be that guy. The maybe Pod can too. Joulevi? Never really been his game. Woo would--( big step ).

Maybe Per had something when he talked about Rodin. Be cheap...
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:31 am
You have basically agreed with me. “Beagle gets skates on pucks”
:lol: True. Greener loves him for that and holds him in regard because of that. Otherwise he can’t do fuck all else. I have never seen or more terrible puck handler than Beagle
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:42 pm If this team won the first pick and traded down just to get rid of some contract blunders, I’d be pretty pissed.
Where the fuck did that come from? :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:42 am Canucks haven't had much luck with enforcers, for a myriad of reasons, for a very long time. Nothing has really worked out very well.

Even the latest run to the cup team in 2011 was not what I'd call a team with enough enforcement. Showed at exactly the worst time too.

Sure; it's a bit passe but we could do with something a little more frightening then just Rousell, Benn and Myers.

Ferland aint gonna be it. Horvat is too valuable to spend majors in the box, though I wouldn't mind three or so a year.

Eddy is still the scariest cause you just never know when he'll lay someone out.

Marky, well he has to stay in the net. Can tell he wants to...

Tryamkin has to come in and be that guy. The maybe Pod can too. Joulevi? Never really been his game. Woo would--( big step ).

Maybe Per had something when he talked about Rodin. Be cheap...
That's it! Rodin can be our designated goon! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.