2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:25 pm I don't have anything against Byfield myself but JD Burke kind of put me off of him when he became hysterical prior to that draft and started accusing everyone who preferred Stutzle of being a racist. That was really irritating. I have liked what little I have seen of Byfield but I do wonder about his skating.
He’s too lifeless for my liking, zero compete level. I was in absolute shock as to how little he brought to the 2 WJC’s with all the fanfare that came with him.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:18 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:14 am Again McKinnon 1st overall, Makar and Byram 4th overall. They should be good.

What’s wrong with Byfield and Turcotte and Vilardi and Anderson Dolan and Madden and Fagemo…..
How do I know or care? I don’t like the Kings. I like the job they did in stockpiling picks and prospects. And they are also ahead of the Canucks. Are you aware of that?
A win tonight we are tied with your beloved Kings, but your beloved Sakic Avs will still be behind your beloved Kings
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Redraft adjustments

1. Zegras
2. Seider
3. Byram
4. Podkolzin
5. Hughes
6. Cozens
7. Newhook
8. Caufield
9. Knight
10. Hoglander
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:24 pm Redraft adjustments

1. Zegras
2. Seider
3. Byram
4. Podkolzin
5. Hughes
6. Cozens
7. Newhook
8. Caufield
9. Knight
10. Hoglander
Where's Turcotte?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:34 pm

1. Zegras
2. Seider
3. Byram
4. Podkolzin
5. Hughes
6. Cozens
7. Newhook
8. Caufield
9. Knight
10. Hoglander
Where's Turcotte?
Along with Mike Gillis he lives rent free in the the Chef’s pock marked, oily, skulleted dome.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:39 pm

1. Zegras
2. Seider
3. Byram
4. Podkolzin
5. Hughes
6. Cozens
7. Newhook
8. Caufield
9. Knight
10. Hoglander
Where's Turcotte?
Along with Mike Gillis he lives rent free in the the Chef’s pock marked, oily, skulleted dome.
He's usually pointing out how far down the kid has dropped. It's good to see he's finally moved on
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

1. Zegras
2. Seider
3. Byram
4. Podkolzin
5. Hughes
6. Cozens
7. Newhook
8. Caufield
9. Knight
10. Hoglander
Where's Turcotte?
He’s in the AHL with 3 goals. Doyle raved about him
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Who’s done better?

Detroit? Drafted Seider after Turcotte in 2019 and drafted Raymond after Byfield in 2020

Or

Anaheim? Drafted Zegras after Turcotte in 2019 and drafted Drysdale after Byfield in 2020
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 5:16 pm A revised mock draft

1. Hughes - NJD
2. Kakko - NYR
3. Turcotte - Hawks
4. Byram - Avalanche
5. Podkozlin - Kings
6. Cozens - Detroit
7. Caulfield - Sabres
8. Boldy - Oilers
9. Dach - Ducks
10. Zegras - Canucks
:)
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

A perfect example of adjustments
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Redraft time

1. Seider
2. Zegras
3. Hughes
4. Cozens
5. Podkolzin
6. Knight
7. Krebs
8. Newhook
9. Boldy
10. Hoglander
11. Bjornfort
12. Tomasino
13. McMichael
14. Kaliyev
15. Harley
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Top goal scorers so far in the double digits:

Hughes 156gp 36g
Kakko 151gp 24g
HOGLANDER 115gp 22g
Zegras 79gp 19g
Dach 139gp 18g
Cozens 98gp 16g
Caufield 54gp 13g
Kaliyev 61gp 12g
Boldy 27gp 12g
Newhook 56gp 11g
PODKOLZIN 57gp 10g

Still impressed how well Hoglander has transitioned to pro's, it's no wonder other GM's are I heard were interested in trading for him I think, Hogz has almost as much goals as #2 overall pick Kaapo Kakko in less games played.

I'm sure Podkolzin once he reaches over 115 games played will Vasily increase his goal total, as he has a wicked shot.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is it time for a redraft?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

My take on the Canucks younguns:

The Pod is suffering his sophomore slump I guess. He needs to get quicker and stronger to play the game he wants to play.

Hogs seems to be a guy who buzzes around but has trouble getting inside position in the slot but also lacks a threatening shot.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:50 am My take on the Canucks younguns:

The Pod is suffering his sophomore slump I guess. He needs to get quicker and stronger to play the game he wants to play.

Hogs seems to be a guy who buzzes around but has trouble getting inside position in the slot but also lacks a threatening shot.
Hog and Pod will be fine. The one who should be concerned is is Rob Blake regarding the 5th overall draft pick. It’s not looking good, he could’ve have had the beast - Seider or Zegras.