2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:12 am
micky107 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:53 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:29 am
micky107 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:34 am shit, that was hard. I didn't know you were only allowed 8, damn. :oops:
I would say less than 5% of posters click blind links buds. Best to just copy and paste the text you want people to see
have u got any idea how much scrolling it would be if i'd done that?
there are all 7 rounds in every link
i''d say 95% of posters would be pissed to see 4 pages and have to scroll thru it
another bad day, rosebud?
:lol:

Ok Mick take it easy man. I'm not picking on ya. Just trying to save u some struggling but I'll butt out
I am not part of the 5% and no I do not need to scroll through several pages, how about we just provide relevant information or summarize in your own words.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

.All-time, the Canucks had 13 top-five draft picks, but have never received the first overall pick. Two were Hank & Danny,
.Not really the best track record
https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/VAN/draft.html all picks
"evolution"
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

In Lincoln tonight, watching (future Canuck) Jack Hughes play the stars. USNDT 4-0 Stars after 20.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cornuck wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:50 pm In Lincoln tonight, watching (future Canuck) Jack Hughes play the stars. USNDT 4-0 Stars after 20.
The stars sure are lining up for that arent they. I can see this being our year...with his bro already in the fold. It makes for a good tim hortons moment and that seems to be what the NHL is about
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

We need to start the daily turtle derby tank race figures now. This years done so eyes on the prize time
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

If Anaheim wins today we fall to 27th.
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:10 pm If Anaheim wins today we fall to 27th.
+1
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

rats19 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:10 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:10 pm If Anaheim wins today we fall to 27th.
+1
+1 -!
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fucking Tank the rest of the season, we won’t get in the top 4, unreachable, but I’d be very happy with the 5th best odds. Puts us in the Turcotte, Podkozlin, Byram and Cozens territory
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:24 pm Fucking Tank the rest of the season, we won’t get in the top 4, unreachable, but I’d be very happy with the 5th best odds. Puts us in the Turcotte, Podkozlin, Byram and Cozens territory
Ya mun. Thats where we do the best with jimmy pulling the levers.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:24 pm Fucking Tank the rest of the season, we won’t get in the top 4, unreachable, but I’d be very happy with the 5th best odds. Puts us in the Turcotte, Podkozlin, Byram and Cozens territory
This
Year
We
Will
Win
The
Lottery
Draft

Book it
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The famous DRAFT LOTTO will be held earlier this year at April 9th!
Get JB/Brackett on the phone.
‘It’s huge’: Big-league scouts applaud NHL decision to set earlier draft lottery date

The NHL announced that the draft lottery will take place on April 9, giving scouts a better grasp on their draft position and which prospects to watch as major competitions draw to a close.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... ttery-date
“It helps tremendously,” one scout said. “The sooner you know where you’re picking, the sooner you can make your plan and decide which players you need to see and who you don’t need to see. If you know where you’re picking, especially if it’s high, you can focus on the guys you need to, which gives you a chance to concentrate more on your second-round pick.”

“It’s huge,” another scout said. “This way, the teams that are picking at the top know where they’re going to go. If you know you’re picking from No. 1 to 6 this year, you’re going to want to focus on the Under-18s, but after that, you might put your resources into watching guys in junior hockey.”

Actually, the results of the past two lotteries have lent an enormous amount of credence to the notion that holding the lottery earlier is better. Just last year, the Carolina Hurricanes went into the lottery seeded 11th, but won the second overall pick and shifted up nine spots. So most of their scouts went to the Under-18 World Championship in Russia thinking they’d likely be choosing somewhere in the 10-14 range. Had they known going into that tournament they’d be choosing second overall instead, they might not have placed such a heavy emphasis on the Uncder-18s and instead looked more closely at Andrei Svechnikov, the player they ended up selecting, in the Ontario League playoffs. The year previous, the Philadelphia Flyers were seeded 12th after the season, but vaulted up to second and immediately went into the Nico Hischier-Nolan Patrick territory. (Of course, with the benefit of hindsight, rookie-of-the-year frontrunner Elias Pettersson might have been the better pick.)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:35 pm
This
Year
We
Will
Win
The
Lottery
Draft

Book it
Bros before Hos.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

We already won by picking pettersson. Hes the best of that draft yr. Our luck we would've picked the dudes buddy nolan patrick and had trevor linden the 2nd (the late in his career version)
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:35 pm
This
Year
We
Will
Win
The
Lottery
Draft

Book it
How amusing.... How hopeful.... How much pain you will feel.
Haven't you been watching?
You're like one of those people who thinks Game of Thrones will have a happy ending.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.