2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:26 pm Yeah Bo takes a fair bit of heat on this board for whatever reason. He’s a top 20 centre in the league quite easily
I’m merely inciting discussion, not necessarily putting the heat on ole Bo.

Bo is good to go with ole Chef Boi RD
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

2nd round pick

I like going with Dmen this round & hope for a faller.

Ilya Mironov
Ville Heinola

small but highly skilled QB right shot Anttoni Honka.

or pick a winger like 6'1 RW Josh Williams
Goal scoring winger with a high IQ, who finds the soft areas and coverage and ends up getting some nice looks.
or the overager Brett Leason might still be avail.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

No respect for the heavy lifting Bo does game in and game out. It is quite funny to read.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:21 am No respect for the heavy lifting Bo does game in and game out. It is quite funny to read.
He sure was doing a lot of heavy lifting while Sutter and Beagle were out. He gets weak linemates to boot. Neither Sutter nor Beagle have been stellar since their return. I’d be interested to see if this break does wonders for all three players
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:21 am No respect for the heavy lifting Bo does game in and game out. It is quite funny to read.
Indeed. I'm not sure what people expect of him. He's our second most valuable player (next to EP) and is absolutely critical to our future success.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:38 am
Indeed. I'm not sure what people expect of him. He's our second most valuable player (next to EP) and is absolutely critical to our future success.
I do not think it is "people", I think it is a person, as in singular. Can we say yo-yo man?

Everyone else as far as I can see/read understand the importance of Bo.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

STFU Reef trying to fit in with the mob lol
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:33 am Neither Sutter nor Beagle have been stellar since their return. I’d be interested to see if this break does wonders for all three players
And yet Canucks record with Beagle in the lineup: 15-9-3

A 100-point-pace! :wow:
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:55 am STFU Reef trying to fit in with the mob lol
Sorry

Bo sucks.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:20 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:33 am Neither Sutter nor Beagle have been stellar since their return. I’d be interested to see if this break does wonders for all three players

Too small of a sample size. He’s been fine but certainly he is not going to move the needle a ton.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

For sake of discussion - a reason to draft a dman 1st round to fill up our weak dman prospect cupboards.

What if one of these guys...:

- 6'1 Bowen Byram (natural born leader, explosive, sure-fire top tier dman)
- 6'3 Philip Broberg (mr all round dman top 4 dman easily) brobro!

- 6'3 Thomas Harley (big smooth skater with superb passing abilities, some say there is a bit of Thomas Chabot in him)
- 6'3 Matthew Robertson (lefty but can play right side, poised two-way defender, used a lot for his young age)
- 5'11 Victor Soderstrom RD (sound two-way type)

- 6'4 Moritz Seider RD (big yet mobile, injury has kept him a secret from scouts)
- 6'5 Alex Vlasic (huge but langy dman is the cuz of SJ's Marc-Edouard Vlasic, noted as a reliable puck mover, untapped scoring potential with a heavy shot)
- 5'11 Mikko Kokkonen (poised, mobile playmaker with a high IQ, mostly used as a defensive type so far).
- 5'11 Ville Heinola (good fast skater with skills)

...is the next Sergachev #9, McAvoy #14, Provorov #7, Werenski #8, Chabot #18, Chychrun #16, Cal Foote #14?

I wouldn't mind taking one of Byram, Broberg, Harley & maybe Robertson.
Vlasic would be a nice late round pick or 2nd round faller.

notes pulled from mock draft site.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:39 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:20 am

Too small of a sample size. He’s been fine but certainly he is not going to move the needle a ton.
Kinda reminds me of the Canucks record last year when Sutter was hurt from Nov 24-Jan 15, where they went 6-12-3 :lol:

Seriously though, I think Beagle has been fine since his return, he's delivering on his limited role.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:01 pm For sake of discussion - a reason to draft a dman 1st round to fill up our weak dman prospect cupboards.

What if one of these guys...:

- 6'1 Bowen Byram (natural born leader, explosive, sure-fire top tier dman)
- 6'3 Philip Broberg (mr all round dman top 4 dman easily) brobro!

- 6'3 Thomas Harley (big smooth skater with superb passing abilities, some say there is a bit of Thomas Chabot in him)
- 6'3 Matthew Robertson (lefty but can play right side, poised two-way defender, used a lot for his young age)
- 5'11 Victor Soderstrom RD (sound two-way type)

- 6'4 Moritz Seider RD (big yet mobile, injury has kept him a secret from scouts)
- 6'5 Alex Vlasic (huge but langy dman is the cuz of SJ's Marc-Edouard Vlasic, noted as a reliable puck mover, untapped scoring potential with a heavy shot)
- 5'11 Mikko Kokkonen (poised, mobile playmaker with a high IQ, mostly used as a defensive type so far).
- 5'11 Ville Heinola (good fast skater with skills)

...is the next Sergachev #9, McAvoy #14, Provorov #7, Werenski #8, Chabot #18, Chychrun #16, Cal Foote #14?

I wouldn't mind taking one of Byram, Broberg, Harley & maybe Robertson.
Vlasic would be a nice late round pick or 2nd round faller.

notes pulled from mock draft site.
BPA
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

He will, Blob. By the book.
What will be interesting is if the Owners put pressure on JB to deal for another 1st.
Could they be that arrogant?
Maybe over excited would be a less ugly way of putting it.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Here are my feelings when it comes to Reefer- .........apathetic....,,,,.unmoved.....indifferent......,,,,,,disinterested.,,,...unconcerned.....etc.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau