2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The Pod could absolutely pass most of those kids if he continues to track as strongly as hes demonstrated the past year.

Hes a playmaking winger that can hang onto pucks and goes to the net with authority. Add to that hes a takeaway king who is solid in his own end.

Theres some pavel datsyuk in his game
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

:devil: and
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:22 pm The Pod could absolutely pass most of those kids if he continues to track as strongly as hes demonstrated the past year.

Hes a playmaking winger that can hang onto pucks and goes to the net with authority. Add to that hes a takeaway king who is solid in his own end.

Theres some pavel datsyuk in his game
If Slobbee Blobbee wasn’t so Grumpee he’d agree you and mee
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So the other teams shit the bed?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:35 am So the other teams shit the bed?
I'm with The Chef on The Pod. Its common knowledge he fell to us at 10 as he was ranked in the top 5 leading up to the draft. His +1 has been fantastic
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:04 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:35 am So the other teams shit the bed?
I'm with The Chef on The Pod. Its common knowledge he fell to us at 10 as he was ranked in the top 5 leading up to the draft. His +1 has been fantastic
Not sure why Sloppee Slobbee Hoppee Blobbee continues to deny that Pod was ranked Top 5 consistently leading up to the draft choosing to ignore the Russian factor affecting his position of selection. Why he thinks it’s an impossibility that the Pod can not better or as good as Broberg, Seider, Cozens, Hughes, Turcotte, Dach, Byram, Kakko, Zegras is beyond me
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:44 am
Not sure why Sloppee Slobbee Hoppee Blobbee continues to deny that Pod was ranked Top 5 consistently leading up to the draft choosing to ignore the Russian factor affecting his position of selection. Why he thinks it’s an impossibility that the Pod can not better or as good as Broberg, Seider, Cozens, Hughes, Turcotte, Dach, Byram, Kakko, Zegras is beyond me
Your reading comprehension is on pace with a 4 year old’s
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:50 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:44 am
Your reading comprehension is on pace with a 4 year old’s
I suggest strongly that just like some teams who picked ahead of Pettersson and Hughes will have shit the bed fantastically not selecting the Pod instead
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That’s interesting. One never knows and despite the fact that I have never said I was down on Podkolzin you have inferred that I am.

Again....do you ever tire of making shit up?? :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:58 am That’s interesting. One never knows and despite the fact that I have never said I was down on Podkolzin you have inferred that I am.

Again....do you ever tire of making shit up?? :lol:
Do you think it’s an impossibility that teams who picked ahead of Podkolzin will have shut the bed not picking the Pod instead? Take note of Buttons recent Top 50 NHL affiliated Prospects list, he had Podkolzin ranked 18th ahead of Turcotte and Seider, Broberg didn’t even make the top 50
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Id say he should sit around 5 as of today. Hughes, Cozens, Byram and Dach would still be snagged before The Pod but hes jumped Turcotte, Zegras, Seider and even Kakko...although the Kakker is still a helluva prospect
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think it’s a bit early yet for me to be ranking these kids when they haven’t even played a full season since they’ve been drafted.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:09 am Id say he should sit around 5 as of today. Hughes, Cozens, Byram and Dach would still be snagged before The Pod but hes jumped Turcotte, Zegras, Seider and even Kakko...although the Kakker is still a helluva prospect
Hughes looked awful in his rookie campaign, Kakko not much better. Dach didn’t exactly shoot out the lights but I prefer Dach over Hughes and Kakko. Byram stunk at the WJC’s. Zegras and Cozens look like very good prospects. Turcotte is meh. I like Seider don’t like Broberg

My bet is on Podkolzin, Zegras, Cozens, Seider, Dach and Byram being the best of the top 10 after all is said and done
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Byram stunk in one game of the WJC just like the rest of the team. He was over a ppg for the season on a pretty scabby Giants team.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:17 am Byram stunk in one game of the WJC just like the rest of the team. He was over a ppg for the season on a pretty scabby Giants team.
Byram was not impressive at all. Fellow draft class mates Soderstrom and Seider (before his injury) had excellent WJC’s, they were much more impressive than Byram. Hell, even 2020 draft prospect - Drysdale looked more impressive
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:21 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:17 am Byram stunk in one game of the WJC just like the rest of the team. He was over a ppg for the season on a pretty scabby Giants team.
Byram was not impressive at all. Fellow draft class mates Soderstrom and Seider (before his injury) had excellent WJC’s, they were much more impressive than Byram. Hell, even 2020 draft prospect - Drysdale looked more impressive
And yet Byram led Team Canada D men in icetime during the tournament