2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by 2Fingers »

Mac - to me it isn't about winning the lottery (although that would be nice), it is about getting the best player possible if we are not going to make the playoffs. Statistically a player top 5 has a better chance to impact the team that a player picked 20 - 31. Yes there are gems found such as Boeser and others picked in later rounds but the chances drop significantly the later they are picked.

I see holes on this team and it is on D so even getting a top forward pick means we could move one of the forwards for a D man in a year or 2.

Agree with Blob the more picks the better chance we have finding a "gem" in the rough.
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:51 am Mac - to me it isn't about winning the lottery (although that would be nice), it is about getting the best player possible if we are not going to make the playoffs. Statistically a player top 5 has a better chance to impact the team that a player picked 20 - 31. Yes there are gems found such as Boeser and others picked in later rounds but the chances drop significantly the later they are picked.

I see holes on this team and it is on D so even getting a top forward pick means we could move one of the forwards for a D man in a year or 2.

Agree with Blob the more picks the better chance we have finding a "gem" in the rough.
We need picks no doubt. The Karlesson talk almost de-railed the thread. This is a Canadian deep draft - lots of top 2001 WHL players much better than 2000 players. Byram and Robertson are the real deal. Mutala not far behind. Krebs is smart and elite skater. Cozens is a kid that needs no cheerleader - no coach needs to drive him he is obsessed with being the best, scoring goals in the WHL playoffs as a 15 year old?! Going to love watching this draft Canada should be proud.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah it’s deep at the top end for Canadian players for sure

Cozens
Dach
Byram
Krebs
Newhook
Robertson
Lavoie

Anybody know why the Ontario Hockey league is sucking at producing quantity/quality Canadian born players of late?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Welcome Jack Hughes, reunite the brothers like the Sedins to Hughes passing the torch.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:46 pm Welcome Jack Hughes, reunite the brothers like the Sedins to Hughes passing the torch.
Unless we sell the farm AFTER the draft lotto, we are never getting Jack. Put it to rest already.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Jack Hughes wears #43...and its avail on the Canucks. :thumbs:
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:39 am Yeah it’s deep at the top end for Canadian players for sure

Cozens
Dach
Byram
Krebs
Newhook
Robertson
Lavoie

Anybody know why the Ontario Hockey league is sucking at producing quantity/quality Canadian born players of late?
McDavid Marner Konecny Debrincat Tkachuk Fabbri yeah not much coming out of that league lately Its a horrible league
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

SKYO wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:00 pm Jack Hughes wears #43...and its avail on the Canucks. :thumbs:
But Quinn Hughes also wears #43. Which brother will get that number for the Canucks?

:D
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

olpaddy wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:03 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:39 am Yeah it’s deep at the top end for Canadian players for sure

Cozens
Dach
Byram
Krebs
Newhook
Robertson
Lavoie

McDavid Marner Konecny Debrincat Tkachuk Fabbri yeah not much coming out of that league lately Its a horrible league
Ole paddy, you’re awfully sensitive when it comes to those not drinking the pro Ontario TSN koolaid???

Are you not rooted in BC?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Kaapo Kakko remember the name.
Hank wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:27 pm
SKYO wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:00 pm Jack Hughes wears #43...and its avail on the Canucks. :thumbs:
But Quinn Hughes also wears #43. Which brother will get that number for the Canucks?
:D
brother battle, last one standing wins.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:12 am
olpaddy wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:03 pm

Cozens
Dach
Byram
Krebs
Newhook
Robertson
Lavoie

Ole paddy, you’re awfully sensitive when it comes to those not drinking the pro Ontario TSN koolaid???

Are you not rooted in BC?
Listen Pacific Blue I went to 3 Canuck games last year Toronto Buffalo and Detroit but I go to probably 50 -60 OHL games went to the world Juniors in Buffalo didnt get tickets for any Canada games just Sweden & US If I still lived out there I would go to more Junior games but I don't I've seen alot of these kids play that I mentioned all I am saying is its a good league with talented kids....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Dach, Cozens and Suzuki shot out of a cannon this season putting up good numbers. Krebs and Lavoie slow going.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

They are going to get a real good player anywhere in the top 10. This is another very good draft that is probably better than last years
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:52 am They are going to get a real good player anywhere in the top 10. This is another very good draft that is probably better than last years
It’s just irritating that there are no RH D-men or left wingers other than Peyton Krebs in the top 15. Dach and Cozens are right shot centres. Oh well, BPA and see what happens. I like Cozens.

We are going to end up with a centre, LHD or a right winger. Not real big areas of need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It is what it is. Like you said draft bpa and if need be trade from a position of strength down the road.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”