2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:20 am Lol he isn’t definitely top 5
You are so out to lunch. Have you not been paying attention of Podkolzin’s dominance in the KHL playoffs?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:25 am
You are so out to lunch. Have you not been paying attention of Podkolzin’s dominance in the KHL playoffs?
After yet another pedestrian regular season he is dominating the league with 5 points in 9 games. Just dominating :mrgreen:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle, try following his playoffs. He’s doing a lot more than just points. The coach is leaning on him in all situations and he’s still a teenager. I know you obsess with a players regular season game like Ehlers but a players test of will can only be quantified by how he performs in the playoffs. This is why you love Joe Thornton and Gillis President Trophies it’s all you care about
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:45 am Doyle, try following his playoffs. He’s doing a lot more than just points. The coach is leaning on him in all situations and he’s still a teenager. I know you obsess with a players regular season game like Ehlers but a players test of will can only be quantified by how he performs in the playoffs. This is why you love Joe Thornton and Gillis President Trophies it’s all you care about
Lol yes I’m sure you’re really following the Russian playoffs.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:09 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:42 am I'd go

1 Dach

2 Byram

3 Zegras

4 Cozens

5 Podkolzin

The rest who cares. Still....the Pod at 5 without ever playing an NHL game is a pretty damn solid jump
Podkolzin is definitely top 5. Where is the Hoagie on your list?
Hoagie will definitely have moved into the 1st round but I cant say where as most of the rest of them haven't developed enough yet. Take Cole Caufield for example, hes knocking on the door in MTL and should be a helluva good player in the same mold as Hoagie
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Hes got you there Doyle, the Pod is much more than your typical prospect. Hes a leader and premium talent about to join our group right when we need him the most.

Stellar drafting once again by Jimmy the Genius
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:17 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:09 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:42 am I'd go

1 Dach

2 Byram

3 Zegras

4 Cozens

5 Podkolzin

The rest who cares. Still....the Pod at 5 without ever playing an NHL game is a pretty damn solid jump
Podkolzin is definitely top 5. Where is the Hoagie on your list?
Hoagie will definitely have moved into the 1st round but I cant say where as most of the rest of them haven't developed enough yet. Take Cole Caufield for example, hes knocking on the door in MTL and should be a helluva good player in the same mold as Hoagie
Hoagie would go top 15
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Really though, the earliest we can accurately assess a draft is roughly 5 years later.

How did the 16 draft pan out for Van?

:look:
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:17 am

I agree and I think once Rathbone gets his feet wet in the NHL people may be talking about him being like a high 2nd or low 1st round pick in a 2017 re-draft. Just a hunch.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:20 am
Hes got you there Doyle, the Pod is much more than your typical prospect. Hes a leader and premium talent about to join our group right when we need him the most.

He has me? He hasn’t watched a minute of hockey played overseas, he relies upon takes from guys who say nice things about the guy. I watched him at the WJC - probably 4 or 5 games. I like him a lot. But calling him the next Jagr and saying he’s dominating in Russia is fucking asinine.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:32 am Really though, the earliest we can accurately assess a draft is roughly 5 years later.

How did the 16 draft pan out for Van?

:look:
Our guy taken at 5 would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

There’s a certain tard that will judge every draft since then multiple times, but won’t touch that one with a ten foot pole.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:38 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:20 am

He has me? He hasn’t watched a minute of hockey played overseas, he relies upon takes from guys who say nice things about the guy. I watched him at the WJC - probably 4 or 5 games. I like him a lot. But calling him the next Jagr and saying he’s dominating in Russia is fucking asinine.
He obviously doesnt believe that VP is the next Jagr...thats just bait to draw you into it.

He is a fantastic prospect though
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’ve always maintained he’s a very good prospect. No need to draw me in... I like the kid.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Hoglander is a third liner on a good team. He is a shifty good prospect, but his straight ahead speed is not adequate to drive play. As he matures he hopefully gains a step, but until then he should be a bottom six player which means a second round draft pick is about right. It is not ideal that he is playing top six on the Canucks. Drafting him in the top five overall is way too high. Here’s a recent scorching review. He breaks down Hoglander in depth and thinks Hoglander should have been drafted a bit earlier, but he also talks about his lack of straight ahead speed.

We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:10 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:28 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:21 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:17 am Byram stunk in one game of the WJC just like the rest of the team. He was over a ppg for the season on a pretty scabby Giants team.
Byram was not impressive at all. Fellow draft class mates Soderstrom and Seider (before his injury) had excellent WJC’s, they were much more impressive than Byram. Hell, even 2020 draft prospect - Drysdale looked more impressive
And yet Byram led Team Canada D men in icetime during the tournament
https://www.iihf.com/pdf/422/ihm422131_74_4_0

So Dysdale was more impressive than Byram but only played 6 minutes in the final game, while Byram played 22 minutes.
:lol: