2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Mëds wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:49 pm
micky107 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:20 pm Panarin, in one fell swoop, changes plenty.
TWO, very dangerous lines. Easy to cover one, most teams can but two probably gets you
into the after season games; what are they called? Don't remember. Oh well.
That also lightens the load on defense a bit too. Best defense is a good offense!!!!!
We got a ton of our wins in extra time last year.

Actually. we'd need one more top six wouldn't we
Maybe Kapanen if TO needs to cut costs. Someone like that for Bo and Pearson.
Forward lines wouldn't be bad. Our blueline would still be absolute shit though, and without other moves we'd be screwed for upgrading the blueline.

Panarin $9.5Mx7.
Brock $8Mx6.
Looch in Loui out we get a 3rd.

Panarin - Petey - Brock
Pearson - Horvat - Virtanen?
Roussel - Gaudette - Baertschi
Lucic - Beagle - Sutter
Spooner

______ - Tanev
______- Stecher
Hughes - Schenn
Biega
Juolevi

Markstrom
Demko

Schaller (Utica)

The payroll on that is $83,404,895.

If we swap Loui and Looch, Benning still has to clear out two of Sutter, Spooner, and Baertschi, just to sign one dman to play top-4 minutes.
I honestly think Looch could have a resurgence here playing with bo and Pearson or brock and petey. Bo and Pearson play a heavy board game. I’d also be interested in him with petey and brock, brock and petey don’t play particularly fast but so he should be able to keep up, and petey is a possession machine that can play off the boards as well which Lucic could help with.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:04 pm
micky107 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:20 pm Panarin, in one fell swoop, changes plenty.
TWO, very dangerous lines. Easy to cover one, most teams can but two probably gets you
That also lightens the load on defense a bit too. Best defense is a good offense!!!!!

Forward lines wouldn't be bad. Our blueline would still be absolute shit though, and without other moves we'd be screwed for upgrading the blueline.

Panarin $9.5Mx7.
Brock $8Mx6.

Panarin - Petey - Brock
Lucic - Beagle - Sutter
Spooner

______ - Tanev
______- Stecher
Hughes - Schenn
Biega
Juolevi

Markstrom
Demko

Schaller (Utica)

If we swap Loui and Looch, Benning still has to clear out two of Sutter, Spooner, and Baertschi, just to sign one dman to play top-4 minutes.
I honestly think Looch could have a resurgence here playing with bo and Pearson or brock and petey. Bo and Pearson play a heavy board game. I’d also be interested in him with petey and brock, brock and petey don’t play particularly fast but so he should be able to keep up, and petey is a possession machine that can play off the boards as well which Lucic could help with.
Good thoughts.

I think regardless of where he fit in on our even strength line up we would see him be rather effective on the PP.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I watched Lucic quite closely in a few games this year and sorry but he’s just way too slow and prodding. It’s quite painful to watch his shifts. Want nothing to do with him in vancouver.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That torn Achilles is likely going to drop Krebs down a little bit one would think.

Hey PAC B are you and your posse going to the draft this year?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:03 am That torn Achilles is likely going to drop Krebs down a little bit one would think.

Not a complete sever, Blob, a cut. Hes projected to be back early in the season. I would have no problem drafting him at 10. I like the kid. I likevhis motor/compete level and is always impressive internationally, seems to rise to the occasion, pushing the play, leaving it all on the ice. I want this kid for playoff hockey. I loved how pissed off he was after Team Canada lost in the semis. The kid has fire. Draft him if he falls, Jim!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:03 am That torn Achilles is likely going to drop Krebs down a little bit one would think.

I can easily see this happening as well and i can see him being another feather in bennings draft-day cap.

The kid has top end talent and wheels. Oh sacred one Cthulu...let the shittier gms fall for it....please Cthulu...wave your tentacle and endow us with this bounty
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Panarin $9.5Mx7.
Brock $8Mx6.

Panarin - Petey - Brock
Lucic - Beagle - Sutter
Spooner

______ - Tanev
______- Stecher
Hughes - Schenn
Biega
Juolevi

I'd put Panarin - Petey together with Virtanen to do the dirty work on RW.

spread the scoring & put BB on the 2nd.

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser

That should help Boeser not take a beating so much for the oft injured winger in only 2 yrs.
11/27/2018 Missed 11 games (groin).
10/27/2018 Missed 2 games (groin).
4/07/2018 Missed the last 16 regular season games (back injury).
2/11/2018 Missed 1 game (hand injury).
11/01/2017 Missed 1 game (foot injury).
Kinda get the creepy Tanev vibes for BB, might think of selling high big time on him, just like what I said for Tanev years ago sell high!.

Know how many teams are searching for a top scoring RW? we'd roll in hella assets, think Dobson+ OR Pulock+ for BB + ?

Brock Boeser + Olli Juolevi for Oliver Wahlstrom + Noah Dobson?

Lou Lamorillo
https://eyesonisles.com/2019/06/05/new- ... jor-trade/
https://eyesonisles.com/2019/06/02/new- ... -the-wing/

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

haha back to reality - for real though - we need a young building block right side dman to grow with the team.

If that's through the draft it's gonna be the 2nd round and I see Korczak or Lassi Thomson as that guy.
Korczak played well with Newhook & em on TC.

If we manage to acquire another mid round 1st we snag the big German Moritz Seider, Leon Draisaitl's bro(made that up).

I can see SEIDER having an immediate impact in the NHL, he's the type Boston would draft.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

A guy speaking English about Seider

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

And to add to my propaganda of selecting Seider.

https://thecanuckway.com/2019/06/10/the ... tz-seider/
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Panarin $9.5Mx7.
Brock $8Mx6.

Panarin - Petey - Brock
Lucic - Beagle - Sutter
Spooner

______ - Tanev
______- Stecher
Hughes - Schenn
Biega
Juolevi

Markstrom
Demko

Schaller (Utica)

Mëds, that is BRILLIANT!!! We can be yet another team, right up against the cap, missing a top defenceman, just outside the playoffs because our defence sucks, PRAYING that some team helps us during the expansion draft by taking Whomever Benning couldn't get rid of so we only lose one of Hughes or Peterson when their contracts come up!!!! When your spending a paltry 17 million on your bottom 4 players, what can possibly go wrong?!?!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:31 pm

Panarin $9.5Mx7.
Brock $8Mx6.

Panarin - Petey - Brock
Lucic - Beagle - Sutter
Spooner

______ - Tanev
______- Stecher
Hughes - Schenn
Biega
Juolevi

Markstrom
Demko

Schaller (Utica)

Mëds, that is BRILLIANT!!! We can be yet another team, right up against the cap, missing a top defenceman, just outside the playoffs because our defence sucks, PRAYING that some team helps us during the expansion draft by taking Whomever Benning couldn't get rid of so we only lose one of Hughes or Peterson when their contracts come up!!!! When your spending a paltry 17 million on your bottom 4 players, what can possibly go wrong?!?!
Yeah that was kinda my point.

That our bottom 4 forwards are sucking up WAY too much cap for their value (Beagle excepted) and we can't actually address legit roster needs without moving them out.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Mëds wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:17 pm Yeah that was kinda my point.

That our bottom 4 forwards are sucking up WAY too much cap for their value (Beagle excepted) and we can't actually address legit roster needs without moving them out.
It's okay, cap space doesn't matter during a rebuild :D

:steps back:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

BingoTough wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:32 pm

I know, I have always loved that argument. Some people just don’t get it.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:19 pm

I know, I have always loved that argument. Some people just don’t get it.
I found this paper to be an interesting read which tries to assign a value to draft picks, and gives more credence to the argument that using your cap space as an asset to gain picks by allowing teams to divest of bad deals. Late round picks aren't worthless, just not as valuable. Similarly, a 4,5,6th rounder is essentially the same if you consider "games played" as your only measure. It's obvious that shouldn't be your only measure but its an easy proxy for value.

It's hard to quantify the benefit of having a "high character" player like Sutter who teaches the right way to play and leadership (both doubtful when it comes to Sutter) although both that and the inverse (it's a bad idea to import players with a "bad attitude") seem intuitively true.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

:lol: