2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21485
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Strangelove » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:19 pm

Jimmy is so good at drafting now that he doesn't need firsts. Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1435
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by DonCherry4PM » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:25 pm

UWSaint wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:35 am
...
You can make the argument this isn't the right time to start supplementing the core, you can make the argument that this isn't the right use of the resources, you can make the argument that Miller isn't worth a 1st and a 3rd to the Canucks. But the argument that the Canucks had leverage over the Bolts is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of multi-lateral markets.
I am a little late to comment on this but, as usual, UWSaint, your posts are very well thought out, balanced and devoid of pejoratives which is a breathe of fresh air.

With respect to your comment regarding “a fundamental misunderstanding of multi-lateral markets”, I would contend that such comment is based on a presupposition (with which I disagree) that other offers available to Tampa did not take into consideration Tampa’s cap situation (i.e. which Brisebois directly admitted was an issue subsequent to the Callahan LTIR revelation). Obviously, if other teams had no cap leverage neither would the Canucks but I haven't seen anything yet that leads me to believe that there was not some level of cap leverage (admittedly not as much as, for example, Toronto, but some nonetheless).
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu

User avatar
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1435
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by DonCherry4PM » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:28 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:19 pm
Jimmy is so good at drafting now that he doesn't need firsts. Image
Touché. I should have known. :lol:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21485
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Strangelove » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:54 pm

Diehard1 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:19 am
ESQ wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:31 am
Diehard1 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:49 am

I wouldn't worry about a few posters here always defending Jimbo. I learned a while ago that they just do it for the sheer entertainment, it has nothing to do with the job they actually think he's doing. Still fun to debate them but don't ever think you'll be able to reason with them no matter what the evidence is.
Hey, I just want to say thank you, it must be exhausting being the only poster with a reasonable point of view. Seriously, bravo, we could all learn so much from you. :roll:
Ha - wasn't even talking about you but obviously somebody is quite defensive. I can't wait to hear you defend the upcoming 7 year, $49 million deal for Tyler Myers.
You were saying? :mex:

Lol, Benning haters have been ripping on Jimbro for weeks about a contract that never existed in reality...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2473
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by ESQ » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:36 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:54 pm

You were saying? :mex:

Lol, Benning haters have been ripping on Jimbro for weeks about a contract that never existed in reality...
Hmm that's strange, Diehard was explaining how he's so reasonable, and everybody who disagrees with him is unreasonable...

...But you're saying he was just talking out of his as s and making shit up? That doesn't seem very reasonable, there must be some mistake.

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1517
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Diehard1 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:51 pm

ESQ wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:36 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:54 pm

You were saying? :mex:

Lol, Benning haters have been ripping on Jimbro for weeks about a contract that never existed in reality...
Hmm that's strange, Diehard was explaining how he's so reasonable, and everybody who disagrees with him is unreasonable...

...But you're saying he was just talking out of his as s and making shit up? That doesn't seem very reasonable, there must be some mistake.
You Jimbros are hilarious - keep it up, it’s very entertaining!

Remember this post when Myers is getting turnstiled next year. I expect the Jimbros on this site to keep defending al Jimbo’s moves as they have always done.

DHA
CC Veteran
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:04 pm

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by DHA » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:04 am

Topper wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:42 pm
Had a good a laugh at Dallas trolling the Aqualungs by getting, Bob Gaglardi, Tom's dad, to announce their pick........then he fucks up the name and I laughed even harder.
Galardi and Aqua seniors are still good buddies that golf together all the time....but son’s ..no dice.

Post Reply