2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Strangelove »

Blob wants the rebuild to go on forever so that he can continue to piss and moan forever...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob says “draft and develop” as a solution to finding immediate help for the top 6.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:47 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:44 pm Blob wants the rebuild to go on forever so that he can continue to piss and moan forever...
Blob says “draft and develop” as a solution to finding immediate help for the top 6.
Blob wants Petey and Boeser to get feed up and demand trades.

Trade them for picks and keep the rebuild going forever.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob wants to stay a loser forever. He’s forgetting we just drafted Podkozlin
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob like losing because Blob likes pissing and moaning.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:47 pm Blob says “draft and develop” as a solution to finding immediate help for the top 6.
Lol why does it need an immediate fix? Lennie Small has had six years. Just want only this specific problem tomorrow? You’re as sharp as a beach ball.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:07 pm Blob can handle a rebuild but as an older uglier and fatter man, I have no patience
Fyp
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The fact that the Devils picked up Pernell Karl for two 2nds while Lennie Small had a nap is hilarious. Rumour has it the Canucks offered the 2016 1st rounder ( Habs wouldn’t have likely shit the bed and chosen Razor Thin Olaf), Bo Horvat and Chris Tanev for Pernell Karl three years ago. Lennie Small got charged with tampering. Good times.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:51 am
Diehard1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:46 am
micky107 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:47 am well i was mad, I was in the middle of working out a way to get Collin Miller here, (which I have).

They deserved it anyways 47 points mostly on the third line is better than most of our forwards and he can play all 3 positions.
If Vegas signs Karlsson to the contract they've rumoured to have signed him to at $5.9 million per year, they are almost $5 million over the cap, still needing to sign 2 D and a back up goalie. Yes, this with Clarkson's contract on the books but it's still a huge issue.

Jimbo should be calling McCrimmon and offering to take Colin Miller, Clarkson's contract and a future 2nd rounder for a B level prospect. Gets Vegas where they need to be in terms of dollars, gets us a better dman than Myers at half the cost and we get a pick out of it. Clarkson's deal is up after this year and we wouldn't need the cap space this year so it all makes a ton of sense.

Unfortunately some other team will likely do it and get the assets almost for free. Come on Jimbo, this is a much better idea than signing Myers to a 7 year contract that will be regrettable almost as soon as it's inked.
Someone suggested forget Clarkson. Offer to take Miller and Eakins, combined 7.9 ish for Biega. LOL. Frees up about 7 million for them. They’d still be in cap limbo though, by a few million.
That would work as well - likely have to give up something a bit more substantial than Biega, though I highly doubt it would be as much as a 1st round pick. ;)

Even getting rid of almost $8 million means Vegas isn't there yet. It shows just how far they have to go.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:09 pm What gets lost in this is that there is a difference in a cap dump, Marleau, and in making a hockey trade to move cap, Miller. Yes Tampa needed to move cap but they knew the had Callahan coming off the books so that took a lot of pressure off to just dump a player. And yes, there were a few other teams expressing interest. Someone wrote that out of three teams offering nearly the same return the Canucks were the lowest seeded and offered the potential of the biggest return. In the end that’s what Tampa went with. The highest seeded 3rd rounder this year and the potential to be the best seeded 1st rounder in the next two years.
Callahan's contract doesn't come off the books, it's still there and counts against the cap. They are allowed to go over the cap up to the amount of his contract; however they have to get to the cap first to do this. It's more complicated than just removing his contract off the books.

I like Miller, he's a nice player, but there's lots of other teams that need to move cap and forwards and it wouldn't cost you a 1st +. For me what seems to get lost here is Jimbo once again developed tunnel vision for one player instead of looking at all his options. Do the Vegas trade you suggested and you've got a top 6 forward plus a top 4 D. Pick up LaBanc from SJ instead as they have to move somebody, and you've have an even younger top 6 guy. The Caps have to move money so go after a guy like Vrana. Johnsson, Brown or Kapanen from the leaves. Lots of options out there from teams that need to move money so you use that to your advantage, you don't pay full price in this market.

That said, what's done is done, so time to move on to FA and likely a very big D contract coming up.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Diehard1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:12 pm For me what seems to get lost here is Jimbo once again developed tunnel vision for one player instead of looking at all his options.
I love these narratives! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

JB's name has been associated with pretty much every single player and trade rumour this off-season. That doesn't sound like tunnel vision to me. That sounds like a GM exploring all of his options.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Why I like this trade, the core is brock petey bo Hughes demko and one or two other guys(pods, hog, gaudette, madden, rathbone, tyramkin, lind, gadjovich, joulevi) the oldest is bo at 24. In 3 years when bo hits 27 and petey, brock and Hughes are pushing mid 20’s that’s the time for cup contention. Prior to this these guys need to play in the playoffs and learn how to win in the playoffs (look at Washington, the bruins and, the blues as examples).

We got a steady pipeline of talent now thanks to the changes in amateur scouting that allows us to start taking advantage of elc players in the bottom 6 in the next couple of years (also the point when all the so called “overpaid” contracts are done). It is extremely important to get into the playoffs this upcoming year or next or we’re gonna waste our young talent(and they’ll move elsewhere to win). This trade puts the team a lot closer to the playoffs and doesn’t screw us if we miss next year. Hopefully jet black Jim has something up his sleeve for a dman improvement.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Diehard1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:12 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:09 pm What gets lost in this is that there is a difference in a cap dump, Marleau, and in making a hockey trade to move cap, Miller. Yes Tampa needed to move cap but they knew the had Callahan coming off the books so that took a lot of pressure off to just dump a player. And yes, there were a few other teams expressing interest. Someone wrote that out of three teams offering nearly the same return the Canucks were the lowest seeded and offered the potential of the biggest return. In the end that’s what Tampa went with. The highest seeded 3rd rounder this year and the potential to be the best seeded 1st rounder in the next two years.
Callahan's contract doesn't come off the books, it's still there and counts against the cap. They are allowed to go over the cap up to the amount of his contract; however they have to get to the cap first to do this. It's more complicated than just removing his contract off the books.

I like Miller, he's a nice player, but there's lots of other teams that need to move cap and forwards and it wouldn't cost you a 1st +. For me what seems to get lost here is Jimbo once again developed tunnel vision for one player instead of looking at all his options. Do the Vegas trade you suggested and you've got a top 6 forward plus a top 4 D. Pick up LaBanc from SJ instead as they have to move somebody, and you've have an even younger top 6 guy. The Caps have to move money so go after a guy like Vrana. Johnsson, Brown or Kapanen from the Leaves. Lots of options out there from teams that need to move money so you use that to your advantage, you don't pay full price in this market.

That said, what's done is done, so time to move on to FA and likely a very big D contract coming up.
No western team let alone a pacific team is gonna trade with us unless it’s an overpayment now.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Diehard1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:12 pm

I like Miller, he's a nice player, but there's lots of other teams that need to move cap and forwards and it wouldn't cost you a 1st +. For me what seems to get lost here is Jimbo once again developed tunnel vision for one player instead of looking at all his options. Do the Vegas trade you suggested and you've got a top 6 forward plus a top 4 D. Pick up LaBanc from SJ instead as they have to move somebody, and you've have an even younger top 6 guy. The Caps have to move money so go after a guy like Vrana. Johnsson, Brown or Kapanen from the Leaves. Lots of options out there from teams that need to move money so you use that to your advantage, you don't pay full price in this market.

I don’t mind Miller but yeah it definitely seems like he had his beer goggles on and lovers nuts for this certain guy. Seems like he overpaid and there’s a decent chance he gave up a top 10 pick. I just hope this isn’t another disaster of an off season like 2016 was. That set the franchise back years