2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Richardstroker69 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:47 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:34 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:03 pm Detroit is already regretting passing on QH. To be honest, Detroit’s drafting the last while is quite underwhelming. Holland is overrated
I think Holland is a decent hockey guy but his amateur scouting hasnt been good enough. He may be better suited to transition a team like the coil from bumbling around with their young assets into contenders. I wouldnt write holland off just yet
His ship sailed when Lidstrom and Datstyuk retired. He’s done, stick a fork. His current rebuild in Detroit is far less than flattering to say the least.
But what about all those extra picks blob blathers on about!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:14 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:03 pm Detroit is already regretting passing on QH. To be honest, Detroit’s drafting the last while is quite underwhelming. Holland is overrated
I think Holland is a decent hockey guy but his amateur scouting hasnt been good enough. He may be better suited to transition a team like the coil from bumbling around with their young assets into contenders. I wouldnt write holland off just yet
His ship sailed when Lidstrom and Datstyuk retired. He’s done, stick a fork. His current rebuild in Detroit is far less than flattering to say the least.
Yeah you’re right. They should trade even more picks for useless waiver wire fodder like Gudbranson and Sutter.

Vancouver has four good hockey players moving forward. I don’t think I’d be throwing too many rocks at Detroit’s rebuild.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:21 am
Yeah you’re right. They should trade even more picks for useless waiver wire fodder like Gudbranson and Sutter.

Vancouver has four good hockey players moving forward. I don’t think I’d be throwing too many rocks at Detroit’s rebuild.
You’d trade our core for Detroit’s?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Didn’t say that but it has more depth.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:35 am Didn’t say that but it has more depth.
You mean waiver wire fodder?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I don’t think I’d be throwing too many rocks at Detroit’s rebuild.
Oh yeah we do, it’s one of the worst rebuilds going today. Passing on Quinn Hughes was baffling. Even Benning, Brackett and Weisbrod were shocked with joy when Detroit made their announcement, they couldn’t contain their thrill. Can somebody roll the tape?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:36 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:35 am Didn’t say that but it has more depth.
You mean waiver wire fodder?
No Vancouver leads the league in that category
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:39 am
Oh yeah we do, it’s one of the worst rebuilds going today. Passing on Quinn Hughes was baffling. Even Benning, Brackett and Weisbrod were shocked with joy when Detroit made their announcement, they couldn’t contain their thrill. Can somebody roll the tape?
The book is already written on Zadina folks.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is this the same depth that couldn’t pass the Sedin-less Canucks in the standings? A Canucks team you said were the odds on favourite for best lotto odds to draft Jack Hughes?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:41 am
Just like joulevi hey blob
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

One guy is going into his fourth camp. The other guy will attend his second camp and was actually good enough to be in the NHL for 9 games
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:42 am
Is this the same depth that couldn’t pass the Sedin-less Canucks in the standings? A Canucks team you said were the odds on favourite for best lotto odds to draft Jack Hughes?
Prospect depth ffs
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:41 am
He played the year in the AHL, didn’t put up fantastic numbers for an apparent superstar in the making, meanwhile Hughes painted the town red in Vancouver after when his college season ended.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

This has been a hoot but I gotta go to Costco
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:46 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:42 am
Prospect depth ffs
Oh ok