2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:35 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:24 pm Fucking Tank the rest of the season, we won’t get in the top 4, unreachable, but I’d be very happy with the 5th best odds. Puts us in the Turcotte, Podkozlin, Byram and Cozens territory
This
Year
We
Will
Win
The
Lottery
Draft

Book it
Ok Tuna.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:28 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:35 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:24 pm Fucking Tank the rest of the season, we won’t get in the top 4, unreachable, but I’d be very happy with the 5th best odds. Puts us in the Turcotte, Podkozlin, Byram and Cozens territory
This
Year
We
Will
Win
The
Lottery
Draft

Book it
Ok Tuna.
Ok Strange
olpaddy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Go alI in on that offer sheet Pacific Blue come to the dark side 8-)
CrzyCanuck
CC Veteran

Post by CrzyCanuck »

I bet we get 5th or 6th overall pick again

Never expect a top 3, come on. This is Vancouver.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:37 am I bet we get 5th or 6th overall pick again

Never expect a top 3, come on. This is Vancouver.
Yeah kind of shitty how the lotto hasn't favoured kindly to the Canucks franchise, you'd think they'd get a bounce one of these years? ...

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Kaapo Kakko; tons of highlights......It's not as though there's only Hughes....

full screen;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMWUgOdFUBQ&t=33s
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I think Byram jumps up the draft board and goes at #3.

He's the player I want, I wonder if Jim considers trading down to grab him if we win the lottery?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ESQ wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:41 am I think Byram jumps up the draft board and goes at #3.

He's the player I want, I wonder if Jim considers trading down to grab him if we win the lottery?
Yeah, I agree with this. He's closing out the season very strong in a big way but I wish people would stop talking about his pond hockey overtime goals. I only want to know about his 5 on 5 play which matters the most.

The Russian factor will drop Podkozlin, looks to be this years Zadina, might work in our favour. I'd snap him up at 5th/6th/7th if he is available then, kind of what we need on the wings in the top 6. Also a catalyst to getting Tryamkin back.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Whats will all the fawning over the Napkinator? Hes not even that good
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:06 pm Whats will all the fawning over the Napkinator? Hes not even that good
I know 6'7 Tryamkin will never be as good as 6'9 Chara, but having said that even Chara wasn't good until he was about 24, 25 years of age, his first 4 yrs he scored 1pt, 8pt, 11pt, 9pt and he was getting over 22min TOI his last two NYI seasons.

Just a lot of potential for Nikita if he ever "gets it" & has the mind focus to be able to adapt and accept a role given to him, and his wife finds some Russian pals to hang with if they ever come back aha.
найти счастье в Ванкувере

But these "tower of powers" lol 6'7+ type dmen take awhile to grow into that all that mass.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Canucks at 9th overall now in the draft & could win some more games with their new found confidence.

Could conceivably pick #9 - #13.

Turcotte, Zegras, Boldy, Newhook, Broberg, Soderstrom, Kaliyev, Seider. ..territory.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:25 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:06 pm Whats will all the fawning over the Napkinator? Hes not even that good
I know 6'7 Tryamkin will never be as good as 6'9 Chara, but having said that even Chara wasn't good until he was about 24, 25 years of age, his first 4 yrs he scored 1pt, 8pt, 11pt, 9pt and he was getting over 22min TOI his last two NYI seasons.

Just a lot of potential for Nikita if he ever "gets it" & has the mind focus to be able to adapt and accept a role given to him, and his wife finds some Russian pals to hang with if they ever come back aha.
найти счастье в Ванкувере

But these "tower of powers" lol 6'7+ type dmen take awhile to grow into that all that mass.
Chara started out as an ankle skating goon. He had that mean streak and put in the work. The napkin is a giant marshmallow who hates contact and work.

The napkin will always be a napkin
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tryamkin is probably the only one who can injure Chara aha

Players bounce off NT and get injured lol.

Here he is crushing Pirri and then ragdolled 6'2 240lbs Stewart to the ground lol, man I miss the big brute.

Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

as bad as our draft lottery luck has been the hockey gawds may have really done us some favours. We draft Pettersson and then Hughes. In the Pettersson draft Linden was asked if he would have taken one of the topt wo had we won the draft lottery. He said no. I think Pettersson was their pick no matter what, and Benning would have been crucified had he drafted Pettersson 1st or 2nd.

with Hughes he was the guy Benning coveted and he fell to us. The hockey gawds may just be saving the fan base from heart attacks.

Benning may like a do over on Virtanen and Juolevi, I know some fans would, but he hit home runs on Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes. I have faith wherever we land, whomever Benning selects, we will be OK.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

As of March 6th draft rankings / multiple sources / one section for European skaters only;
http://www.mynhldraft.com/2019-nhl-draf ... -rankings/
"evolution"