2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:51 pm Fuck reef. Pick it up will ya?

Dont make the dude lock you back up in the trunk
Dude is never sober enough to get behind any steering wheel.

Look at his posts, would sober or drug free person ever post what he does?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hell no....dudes ripped on bath salts 24/7.

You need to get a little dirtier tho with the shit talk.

And it wasnt a car trunk i meant
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:36 am
Reefer? Your thoughts?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:36 am Hell no....dudes ripped on bath salts 24/7.

You need to get a little dirtier tho with the shit talk.

Was it a tickle trunk?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mock Draft top 10 by today’s standings as is

1. Colorado - Hughes
2. LA - Kakko
3. Detroit - Podkozlin
4. New Jersey - Turcotte
5. Anaheim - Cozens
6. Edmonton - Byram
7. Vancouver - Krebs
8. Chicago - Broberg
9. Arizona - Boldy
10. New York - Zegras
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:32 am Mock Draft top 10 by today’s standings as is

1. Colorado - Hughes
2. LA - Kakko
3. Detroit - Podkozlin
4. New Jersey - Turcotte
5. Anaheim - Cozens
6. Edmonton - Byram
7. Vancouver - Krebs
8. Chicago - Broberg
9. Arizona - Boldy
10. New York - Zegras
I’m guessing this thread is going to start to pick up again........

Looking more like 7-10 range for the Nucks now. Subject to change but that’s likely where it ends up. I like what you’ve done here but really don’t want Byram in Edmonton, though I do like Broberg to Chicago as I’m not a fan of him that high. No Dach in the top 10? I have to think he will be in there, big RH centers that can make plays are highly sought after.

I also like Soderstrom a lot if we end up 11-13. Lots of good players in the top 10-15 this year, then it falls off pretty quick.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah it’s looking like the highest we pick is 6th, the lowest - 10th barring lottery results. We’re nit shitty enough to get top 3. We seem to like that area of picking between 5th and 7th, lol. Juolevi, Pettersson, Hughes. Why change.

Benning revealed his hand to the media last week saying there are defenceman they really like around where they will be picking with their first. Something tells me Soderstrom is really high on their list

Too many things about Dach’s game reminds me of Gaunce, slow, soft, disappears. He’s not built for today’s NHL IMO. Dylan Cozens is on fire, I like him and Byram but they will go top 5, IMO. I rank the top 3 Canadians:

Cozens
Byram
Krebs

Krebs could be available to us, but not sure about him, not overly big and has a terrible minus 40. I know he’s not on a good team, but.

The Americans outside of Hughes I’m not familiar with - Turcotte, Zegras, Boldy

I think we are walking out of the first round with one of Soderstrom or Broberg or one of the American forwards. The Canucks seem to do well drafting Swedes or Americans
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RD - is Soderstrom not sitting in the 20th pick spot?

Why would the Nucks drop that far off when they pick 5th over all or even 10th?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

6-10 I'm picking either a faller like Podkozlin, Byram, Cozens.
or one of Boldy, Zegras or even Newhook dudes' on fire, can't complain if you pick Krebs - he clutch.
Broberg underrated.

Moritz Seider will be the sleeper pick this draft.
At six-foot-four, Seider has a big frame. He’s a good skater for someone his size, and his mobility is pretty good as well. He has good passing skills and vision. He can move the puck and carry it himself. He likes to join the rush. Defensively, he’s solid. A smart player who knows how to use his size and strength. Calm under pressure. Not afraid to play the body, and capable of making big hits.

Most recently, Seider played at the Division I Group A part of the World Junior Championship tournament. Even though Seider is just 17 years old, he captained Team Germany and was arguably their top defenseman. Germany won the tournament and earned a spot at the 2020 World Juniors. Seider played big minutes on Germany’s blue line, including time on the top power play and on the penalty kill. He finished the tournament with seven points in five games.

Seider plays a mature game, and when you add his big frame to it, he could make the jump to the NHL pretty quickly after he’s drafted. Seider is a potential first-rounder for the 2019 NHL draft.
He's the type why I wanted another 1st rounder this draft.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:05 am RD - is Soderstrom not sitting in the 20th pick spot?

Why would the Nucks drop that far off when they pick 5th over all or even 10th?
Which of the 1,000 scribe prospect lists that are nothing like most NHL Teams scouting lists are you basing Soderstrom’s 20th overall ranking from?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Sporting News has Soderstrom as the next defenceman going after Byram. I like what they say about the kid - High IQ, great with the puck (passing, transitioning, stick handling, shot), excellent defensively and more importantly - Right shot

Future top 4

Hughes (LS) Woo (RS)
Juolevi (LS) Soderstrom (RS)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:26 am The Sporting News has Soderstrom as the next defenceman going after Byram. I like what they say about the kid - High IQ, great with the puck (passing, transitioning, stick handling, shot), excellent defensively and more importantly - Right shot

Future top 4

Hughes (LS) Woo (RS)
Juolevi (LS) Soderstrom (RS)
That’s great and all, but when was the last time a team had all four of its top 4 defence prospects actually turn into top 4 defenders?

Prospects are about a 30 % conversion rate.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Its either Soderstrom or a forward. Byram will be gone, he ain’t getting past Edmonton but if Podkozlin falls to Edmonton he may very well be the winger they are looking for for McDavid. I believe Podkozlin could be the top 10 faller in this year’s draft because of the Russian Factor.

Cozens isn’t getting past Anaheim, they like those types of players.

Hughes to Colorado
Kakko to LA

Detroit could take Byram since they’ve been slamming forwards with their first round picks outside of Cholowski. They have a ton of young forwards

New Jersey will take one of the Americans - Boldy, Turcotte, Zegras

I think the pool we will be selecting from will be:

Krebs
Soderstrom
Boldy
Zegras
Turcotte
Kirby “Brendan Gaunce” Dach