2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I say you entertain trading the pick if it’s outside the top 10, keep it if inside the top 10. I think with the Seattle Expansion Draft coming (protection issues) this years Draft picks for young players needing protection could have a premium price on them

What we need to focus on is who is going to be in a shit storm come the Seattle Expansion Draft
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

They are seven points out of the playoffs with a bunch of teams in between them and a wildcard spot. It ain’t happening. There are only two teams with worse points pctg in Chicago and LA.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:52 am They are seven points out of the playoffs with a bunch of teams in between them and a wildcard spot. It ain’t happening. There are only two teams with worse points pctg in Chicago and LA.
Its a long season my rotund friend from the Pitt Lake region of hillbillies, a long season

But that being said you know me I like drafting and developing
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Since the Canucks will be drafting between 12th and 20th who should we be targeting?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Dach has played like shit the last 10 games. I believe he has 1 point in that stretch.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:15 pm Since the Canucks will be drafting between 12th and 20th who should we be targeting?
RHD out of Kelowna. Never a bad decision, they seem to farm them here!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:15 pm Since the Canucks will be drafting between 1st and 12th who should we be targeting?
Fixed

Couldn’t resist. :)

12th and 20th LOL
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

"With the 31st pick the Vancouver Canucks select..."
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:02 pm "With the 31st pick in 2022 the Vancouver Canucks select..."
Fixed it for ya. :(
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

If things don't go too good.;

#7 on this list; Bowen Byram, LHD / 07-13-01 / 6’1 192lbs / WHL
An explosive skater who can act as a one-man breakout. He blends his terrific acceleration and north-south speed with lateral edge work and play-creation through the neutral zone. Owns a heavy shot that is effective in all situations. Quick hands that embarrass oncoming forwards at the offensive blueline. Can get caught at times, but you take the good with the bad. An efficient power play quarterback in the making.

More realistic;

#16 on this list; Arthur Kaliev, RW / 06-26-01 / 6’2 190lbs / OHL
A shoot-first winger who knows how to find the back of the net. Somewhat one-dimensional at times but that dimension has produced 24 goals in 34 OHL games this season. Drives into the hard areas and protects the puck well. Changes the release point and angle to exploit netminders. The best pure shooter in the draft.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:30 pm If things don't go too good.;

#7 on this list; Bowen Byram, LHD / 07-13-01 / 6’1 192lbs / WHL
An explosive skater who can act as a one-man breakout. He blends his terrific acceleration and north-south speed with lateral edge work and play-creation through the neutral zone. Owns a heavy shot that is effective in all situations. Quick hands that embarrass oncoming forwards at the offensive blueline. Can get caught at times, but you take the good with the bad. An efficient power play quarterback in the making.

More realistic;

#16 on this list; Arthur Kaliev, RW / 06-26-01 / 6’2 190lbs / OHL
A shoot-first winger who knows how to find the back of the net. Somewhat one-dimensional at times but that dimension has produced 24 goals in 34 OHL games this season. Drives into the hard areas and protects the puck well. Changes the release point and angle to exploit netminders. The best pure shooter in the draft.
Lol how is the team propelling nine spots up the standings realistic? The holy grail of .500 lmao
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob heckling Canuck fans...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Well, Blob, tons could change in the rankings by June.
You are consistently adamant in re; to BPA. Nothing wrong with that at all.
There can come a time, in a rebuild, where you think a tad, just a tad, differently.
Personally, I don't want us to get too much smaller as a team.
We are getting along in our renovation now and IMO, our team needs, or need, could just ever so slightly,
move toward best player for our needs. :shock: OMG, I said a bad thing. ;)

I'm sure Quinn will be a dynamo, cool, but some size with some talent to boot---good.
Some sort of wicked shot from the point, "from a D-man"...indeed.

Hey, I'll no doubt change my mind 20 times before June.
"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The best thing for this franchise is another top-10 pick. Hell, maybe the balls bounce our way this time. I could see a nice narrative around the Hughes bros, with grumbling elsewhere about an NHL conspiracy to give the Canucks another superstar brother duo... Totally fine with where things are trending.
Strangelove wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:02 pm "With the 31st pick the Vancouver Canucks select..."
It would be great to add another 1st. Maybe on July 1 Edler returns as a UFA on a 2-year deal?