When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

When will the Canucks next make the playoffs?

2018-19
29%
2019-20
47%
2020-21
21%
2021-22
No votes
2022-23
No votes
after we're all dead and buried
3%

Total votes: 38

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:53 am Yup, listen to them Blob, that shit all evens out in the end...
Absolutely it does. Against the Jets they deserved to win. And during the losing skid they could have won three or four of those games. They are certainly a more entertaining team to watch than they have been in many years. Young guys are carrying the mail which is what we all want. It’s hard to be disappointed if they don’t get a high pick and young players are improving and they are jacked to be in a playoff race. Lots of hockey yet to be played but at least they are must watch tv which they haven’t been for the last five years.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:00 am
Strangelove wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:53 am Yup, listen to them Blob, that shit all evens out in the end...
Absolutely it does. Against the Jets they deserved to win. And during the losing skid they could have won three or four of those games. They are certainly a more entertaining team to watch than they have been in many years. Young guys are carrying the mail which is what we all want. It’s hard to be disappointed if they don’t get a high pick and young players are improving and they are jacked to be in a playoff race. Lots of hockey yet to be played but at least they are must watch tv which they haven’t been for the last five years.
I’m with ya Blob, the team still needs to keep the foot on the “rebuild” pedal, building up the prospect pool. Hard to know right now where we are drafting in 2019 but would love to see Benning add more picks, don’t see the need to be picking in the top 5, I have faith in this staff of finding good picks outside the top 10. We have a good strong core and our generational player in Pettersson, just need to keep adding to it, but another generational talent? No need, I think Petey, Brock, Quinn, Bo, Jake etc is a great core to build around
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:08 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:00 am
I’m with ya Blob, the team still needs to keep the foot on the “rebuild” pedal, building up the prospect pool. Hard to know right now where we are drafting in 2019 but would love to see Benning add more picks, don’t see the need to be picking in the top 5, I have faith in this staff of finding good picks outside the top 10. We have a good strong core and our generational player in Pettersson, just need to keep adding to it, but another generational talent? No need, I think Petey, Brock, Quinn, Bo, Jake etc is a great core to build around
Play the games and see how they end up. There’s no substitute for speed, talent and tenacity and they seem to have a good chunk of all three right now. Still would like to see a bit more pace on the back end and up front but gradually they are becoming a quicker team. It can easily go off the rails but for now it’s enjoyable to watch. Kudos to Green who seems to be pushing a lot of the right buttons. Not sure how many more games I want to watch Gudbranson and Pouliott play together though :twisted:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Doc, Dude and Blob with rational and reasonable discussion... all sounding sober.

What is going on here?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:03 pm

What is going on here?
Day 1 of the post Christmas 12 step program. Making amends.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:05 pm
Hank wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:03 pm

What is going on here?
Day 1 of the post Christmas 12 step program. Making amends.
:lol:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hank wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:03 pm Doc, Dude and Blob with rational and reasonable discussion... all sounding sober.

What is going on here?
Cherish the memories hank :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

My liver is a mess thanks to Blobs on-line alcoholism influencing.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I support your sober living, boys.

I think UDL might need an intervention though.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

There has to be some serious credit given to Green and the assts. They have everyone buying in and givin'er.

I havent heard opposition coaches bitching about this kind of shit in years. Thinking they've found the golden ticket somewhere between the X's and the O's
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Hank wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:56 pm I support your sober living, boys.

Way ahead of you. Metamucil tequila sunrises are the way to get shit faced while you get your shit straight
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:00 pm

Way ahead of you. Metamucil tequila sunrises are the way to get shit faced while you get your shit straight
I’m shitting through the eye of a needle today. Copious amounts of Indian food and craft beers
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hank wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:03 pm Doc, Dude and Blob with rational and reasonable discussion... all sounding sober.

What is going on here?
Christmas spirit? :santa:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:19 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:00 pm

I’m shitting through the eye of a needle today. Copious amounts of Indian food and craft beers
Lol ya that'll do it. You need to put the shit tickets in the fridge. Cool the burn
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

The Canucks will make the playoffs the same year that GM and Arachnid accept medication to curb their collective descents into madness. Guys, I am honestly concerned for both of you, it looks dark. There's light at the end of the tunnel.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society