When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

When will the Canucks next make the playoffs?

2018-19
29%
2019-20
47%
2020-21
21%
2021-22
No votes
2022-23
No votes
after we're all dead and buried
3%

Total votes: 38

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Hockey Widow »

Tciso wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:21 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:36 pm
Too bad Juolevi is out for the year. This would have been his opportunity. Now, if Edler is out long term it will belong to Hughes soon enough.
What is the magic number of games Hughes can play this year, and still not need protection in the expansion draft? Cuz that is the exact number of games I want him to play this year.
Won’t matter. Benning said that will not form part of the decision on signing and playing him. Said he’s not worried about the protection list and he won’t manage that way.

Besides I think it’s 11.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:06 am
Too bad Juolevi is out for the year. This would have been his opportunity. Now, if Edler is out long term it will belong to Hughes soon enough.
What is the magic number of games Hughes can play this year, and still not need protection in the expansion draft? Cuz that is the exact number of games I want him to play this year.
Won’t matter. Benning said that will not form part of the decision on signing and playing him. Said he’s not worried about the protection list and he won’t manage that way.

Besides I think it’s 11.
Docs gonna start throwing his shit around soon. He spent hours building a post a month or so ago that proved if he dresses for even a single game it counts towards the expansion draft
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:02 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:06 am

Besides I think it’s 11.
Docs gonna start throwing his shit around soon. He spent hours building a post a month or so ago that proved if he dresses for even a single game it counts towards the expansion draft
No, no, no... I found some stuff that seemed to suggest 1 game... but then Skyo produced a quote from Bobby Mac

... and I was forced to yield.

Remember? I said WIN: Skyo :D

These kinds of ED rules aren't exactly spelled out, but I've said a few times now that I've come to believe Hughes can play up to 10 games.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Oh. :look:

Well this is awkward. Sorry wids
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:10 pm Oh. :look:

Well this is awkward. Sorry wids
Why are you apologizing to me? My son, you have not offended me, you have not caused me harm or sorrow. My son, enjoy the snow day and apologize to the good Doctor.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Well I guess some people were wrong, it is not the Canucks season to make the playoffs. Even though the season had some nice highs such as the emergence of EP there is also some glaring issues that needs to be addressed properly.

The big one is D, with or without Edler/Tanev this current crop of D will not take you anywhere except a lottery pick. Next season we have Hughes but to expect him to move this team to the next tier (which no one is saying) is asinine. JB needs (and he said he will) to really address this problem.

The tough love from Green needs to be applied to all players, yes I know vets get some leeway but if Boeser is not properly back checking then coaching needs to address this now before it becomes a bigger problem. Maybe show a video of EP who seems never to give up and plays both ends of the ice like a willy vet.

Even though I would have been thrilled with the playoffs it would have been for the wrong reason, the West was so shitty vs. the team improving enough to get the 94+ points needed to make the playoffs. What I get worried about is then the owners and management thinks the rebuild is over and they start making stupid deals/FA signings.

All in all I am excited about this season and see way more positives than negatives with the current team. I sure hope Markstrom keeps this play up and this is not a 3 – 4 month window only. The future does look bright.