Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

At the end of the day we don’t have enough quality cost controlled assets to protect. You hope they have the brains to expose Tyler Myers
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:36 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:28 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:14 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:59 pm Motte is surprising everyone this year. Saw it in the playoffs too. This is something like a late emergence though. Where's it been? If he maintains it, he'll get a decent contract but hard to imagine the Canucks could fit him in. There's also the "Can you di it again" question. All I know is we need him right now.
:crazy:

You don't think Canucks can afford a player like Motte when his contract is up in 17 months? :wow:

With somewhere around $40M coming off the books??

Were you thinking he'll be getting McDavid money Mick? :D

Cuz we'll be able to pay him McDavid money in 2022 bro...

Micky wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:59 pm Doubt Virtanen is getting 3.4 anywhere at this point. "The Bar" isn't that high.
Todd was referring to the $3.4M in real money Jake will be due in the last season of his contract.
Right on, and the qualifying offer on that $3.4 makes him impossible to trade without a decent pick packaged with him or some retention. Even then the other team isn't likely to qualify him. Chance after chance after chance and Benning shows even more faith in him with a decent contract and Virtanen burns him there too. Who the hell wants to take that on?
Actually, that was amended in the new CBA (grandfathered in).

(or perhaps you are aware)

The new number is the lesser of the real dollars in the final year or 120% of the AAV.

Jake's QO will be $3,060,000.

Obviously if he keeps scoring at this year's pace for this season and next, no one would want to qualify him.

But if he goes back to scoring at last year's pace... or improves... it's doable.
That's likely not enough of a difference to get him qualified. Do you think it hurts his trade value?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:12 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:36 pm Actually, that was amended in the new CBA (grandfathered in).

(or perhaps you are aware)

The new number is the lesser of the real dollars in the final year or 120% of the AAV.

Jake's QO will be $3,060,000.

Obviously if he keeps scoring at this year's pace for this season and next, no one would want to qualify him.

But if he goes back to scoring at last year's pace... or improves... it's doable.
That's likely not enough of a difference to get him qualified. Do you think it hurts his trade value?
No.

I think what hurts his trade value is the way he's played thus far this year.

We were all hoping he could build off of last season, but that hasn't happened... yet?
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:40 pm At the end of the day we don’t have enough quality cost controlled assets to protect. You hope they have the brains to expose Tyler Myers
What a horrible take, Myers ain't gonna be close to a Chris Pronger....but is there anyone in your pov....(snorted or not)....that can play that big power game around the net?

with that reach, with that hitting power?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:17 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:40 pm At the end of the day we don’t have enough quality cost controlled assets to protect. You hope they have the brains to expose Tyler Myers
What a horrible take, Myers ain't gonna be close to a Chris Pronger....but is there anyone in your pov....(snorted or not)....that can play that big power game around the net?

with that reach, with that hitting power?
Jesus Four Feathers. You were right into er tonight. Everyone a Coke head in your world? Or just he people that laugh at your shitty takes. Myers is fine but if he gets chosen by the Kraken that would be deadly. He’s a 4.5 million dollar d man making 6 million. Common sense isn’t your thing I guess.

Get some sleep. Lay off the bumps maybe. :lol:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:50 am Myers is fine but if he gets chosen by the Kraken that would be deadly. He’s a 4.5 million dollar d man making 6 million. Common sense isn’t your thing I guess.
$4.5M per if he was #DRAFTED by the Canucks.

But as a UFA of course he was gonna get paid, he was expected to get 8 yrs x 7 million by some, and was offered to get more by other teams, but he chose Vancouver at 3 yrs less, with less money....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:05 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:50 am Myers is fine but if he gets chosen by the Kraken that would be deadly. He’s a 4.5 million dollar d man making 6 million. Common sense isn’t your thing I guess.

But as a UFA of course he was gonna get paid, he was expected to get 8 yrs x 7 million by some, and was offered to get more by other teams, but he chose Vancouver at 3 yrs less, with less money....
Still may as well leave him exposed. I highly doubt Francis takes him but we could get lucky. He’s not a horrible player but 6 million could be spent far better.

Not sure where you’re getting your intel from regarding all the money and term he allegedly left on the table.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:18 am
SKYO wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:05 am

Still may as well leave him exposed. I highly doubt Francis takes him but we could get lucky. He’s not a horrible player but 6 million could be spent far better.

Not sure where you’re getting your intel from regarding all the money and term he allegedly left on the table.
Myers - the only mutherfucker on defense that can take on any power forward - you gonna complain about?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol Myers is a giant pussy
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:47 pm Lol Myers is a giant pussy
A tad overpaid but at this point I’m glad to have Myers
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:54 pm
I don’t mind him either Ratski. He plays with a little bit of an edge and some physicality. He’s not some bad ass like SKYO is trying to portray him though. He’s overpaid but he does more good than bad. I just think if they could lose the contract to Seattle it wouldn’t be such a bad thing. I’m not devastated if they protect him, but I wouldn’t mind losing him.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:15 pm
I don’t mind him either Ratski. He plays with a little bit of an edge and some physicality. He’s not some bad ass like SKYO is trying to portray him though. He’s overpaid but he does more good than bad. I just think if they could lose the contract to Seattle it wouldn’t be such a bad thing. I’m not devastated if they protect him, but I wouldn’t mind losing him.
Thnx for the clarification Doyle... I am on board with that line of thinking
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I would say that Myers own contract is going to protect him. If Seattle builds it ‘Vegas style’, they are looking for skaters who will outperform their contracts. In a COVID suppressed league that will be rebuilding its income streams, Myers won’t be playing above his contract any time soon. If COVID hadn’t hit, and league revenues had continued to grow, this might not be the same. But in today’s world, it is what it is.

We need to be protecting the core and the few players we have that potentially out play their contracts.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:41 pm
I would say that Myers own contract is going to protect him. If Seattle builds it ‘Vegas style’, they are looking for skaters who will outperform their contracts. In a COVID suppressed league that will be rebuilding its income streams, Myers won’t be playing above his contract any time soon. If COVID hadn’t hit, and league revenues had continued to grow, this might not be the same. But in today’s world, it is what it is.

We need to be protecting the core and the few players we have that potentially out play their contracts.
Basically saying, myers would crush hughes.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Why would Myers crush Hughes?

Your posts are making as much sense as Gomer’s lately.