Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:24 pm
I believe Hambone will get signed here. He has come out saying he wants to stay here

When is the expansion draft? After the July 1st UFA season? Or before? Tryamkin from what I gather cannot be signed until July 1st? If expansion draft is after that and Tryamkin is signed and Hamonic as well maybe you expose Myers then to shed some cap space

I could card less if they expose Juolevi. Would rather expose Lind than Virtanen
Hamonic is 30 years old with an injury record now. No way I would expose Juolevi not even having had a decent crack at the NHL level.

I sure don't want to see a long term contract to Hamonic. If they want to see more of him, another trial deal is in order.

Myers makes a million too much but he's putting in the tough minutes this year. That's not easily replaceable but because of the lofty #, he most likely clears the ED.
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

July 21 - expansion draft
July 23 & 24 - entry draft
July 28 - free agency
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:40 pm July 21 - expansion draft
July 28 - free agency
Tryamkin can’t be signed until after July 1st, so it looks like we have a 3 week window until July 21 to make some serious decisions, a lot of decisions, and quickly

The dominoes begin with Pettersson, Hughes and Demko. Next would be what to do about the 4 D-men (Edler, Hamonic, Tryamkin, Benn) which would be affected by the monies given to the 3 super kids which also affects who we are protecting on defence beyond Schmidt

I love Benning but his track record in the off season doesn’t invoke a lot of confidence in him having the wherewithal to multi task all these moving parts this off season, especially with such a short tight window

I get the sense Tryamkin will ride out 1 more season in the KHL making him a UFA for any NHL team to sign after 2021-22 if Jimbro can’t get his house in order come July. If he waffles like he did during the OEL fiasco he will end up dropping a few balls in those short 3 weeks. Fuck he better be discussing now the contracts for the 3 super kids, or at least having a fucking plan in place. It’s frustrating when all you hear regarding contracts out of the Canucks office is Pearson’s contract, ffs.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:06 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:40 pm July 21 - expansion draft
July 28 - free agency
Tryamkin can’t be signed until after July 1st, so it looks like we have a 3 week window until July 21 to make some serious decisions, a lot of decisions, and quickly

The dominoes begin with Pettersson, Hughes and Demko. Next would be what to do about the 4 D-men (Edler, Hamonic, Tryamkin, Benn) which would be affected by the monies given to the 3 super kids which also affects who we are protecting on defence beyond Schmidt

I love Benning but his track record in the off season doesn’t invoke a lot of confidence in him having the wherewithal to multi task all these moving parts this off season, especially with such a short tight window

I get the sense Tryamkin will ride out 1 more season in the KHL making him a UFA for any NHL team to sign after 2021-22 if Jimbro can’t get his house in order come July. If he waffles like he did during the OEL fiasco he will end up dropping a few balls in those short 3 weeks. Fuck he better be discussing now the contracts for the 3 super kids, or at least having a fucking plan in place. It’s frustrating when all you hear regarding contracts out of the Canucks office is Pearson’s contract, ffs.
I think Benning had a good off season last year.

Not sure why your buying into the media fear.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:18 pm Not sure why your buying into the media fear.
Agreed, there will be no problem re-signing Trayamkin to what I expect to be ~ $2.5M x 2 or 3 years.

Also, DiPietro is exempt from the expansion draft.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:33 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:18 pm Not sure why your buying into the media fear.
Agreed, there will be no problem re-signing Trayamkin to what I expect to be ~ $2.5M x 2 or 3 years.

I’ll be very surprised if he comes for less than $3.5M. They might get him on cheaper one year deal if they can somehow convince him to take it with the promise of a decent raise after Loui, Holbty, Beagle, and Roussel, are gone.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:25 pm

I’ll be very surprised if he comes for less than $3.5M. They might get him on cheaper one year deal if they can somehow convince him to take it with the promise of a decent raise after Loui, Holbty, Beagle, and Roussel, are gone.
He'll be a UFA in one year and he'll have to sign a show-me contract at this point I think.

$2.5M is a big raise from what he was getting in the KHL...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:31 pm
Mëds wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:25 pm

He'll be a UFA in one year and he'll have to sign a show-me contract at this point I think.

$2.5M is a big raise from what he was getting in the KHL...
True. But his agent will be trying to get him equivalent value to players of similar talent. If Tree is what we hope he is, then it’ll cost.

I bet Jimmy gives him term and sewers the cap and we lose Demko. :lol:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I like looking at who and what players were protected and made available, it's a whole slew of players/AHLers:
https://www.nhl.com/news/protected-list ... -289972722

And who Vegas selected:
https://thehockeywriters.com/vegas-expa ... ear-later/

I can see Virtanen moved before the expansion draft, teams looking for a big winger who got the roster spot and cap space, maybe for a dman we can expose to the Kraken.

So we can protect: Gaudette, Motte and Lind, good young affordable depth with upside. Motte plays with an edge, played great in the playoffs, Lind is a chippy player and is being groomed to play center, Gaudette brings that energy and is always buzzing around the net getting shots off.

Whatever the case is, teams that trade assets to the expansion team to protect other players typically end up losing on that.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

* One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* One goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a team elects to make a restricted free agent goalie available to meet this requirement, that goalie must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the team's protected list.
this was the same as Vegas.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:40 pm
* One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

* One goalie who is under contract in 2021-22 or will be a restricted free agent at the end of his current contract immediately prior to 2021-22. If a team elects to make a restricted free agent goalie available to meet this requirement, that goalie must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the team's protected list.
this was the same as Vegas.
Yeahno, those games-played numbers have been changed (pro-rated) due to the shortened seasons Micky.

So the numbers for games-played in this coming expansion draft are now:

27 or more NHL games in 2020-21

OR

54 or more NHL games in 2019-20- and 2020-21 combined

____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

What’s the world coming to if we can’t trust the links and Twitter clips Gomer posts as facts?!??

WHAT WILL WE DO?

WHAT.

WILL.

WE.

DO?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:28 pm
Yeahno, those games-played numbers have been changed (pro-rated) due to the shortened seasons Micky.
Damn! I forgot to fix the number of games. Got side tracked. Sorry.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:08 pm
Micky wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:40 pm this was the same as Vegas.
So it's not "the same as Vegas". :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:17 pm
Micky wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:08 pm
Micky wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:40 pm this was the same as Vegas.
So it's not "the same as Vegas". :drink:
You should have used a Mëds line for mick.
Mëds wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:07 pm But hey.....at least you can admit when you're wrong.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.