LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Nowhereman
AHL Prospect
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:36 am

Re: LOL

Post by Nowhereman »

Well, it took me long enough but I finally made my way to Canucks Corner! And this thread, in particular, was the prompt I needed, lol.

Although I'm not a fan of petty insults, if there was ever a bunch of self-righteous crybabies that deserve the odd bit of mud thrown their way, it's the crew over at HFBoards. It's one thing to criticize Benning, as he's made his fair share of mistakes and is not immune to criticism. But resorting to tireless hyperbole, childish vitriol, endless hypocrisy, unbending narratives and constant tail-chasing, with a heavy dollop of smugness and the Dunning-Kruger effect, is not the way to do it.

When asked to provide alternatives to Benning's decisions, they usually just throw out options that are even more obtuse than the real world results, proving that their hate comes less from a place of knowledge and more so from a place of... well, I'm not sure what the hell has all those neckbeards so damn livid. Me thinks HFCanucks is merely a vehicle for venting their life-related grievances, masked as hockey-related ones.

Anyway, glad to be here! :D
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14877
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: LOL

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Welcome aboard Nowhereman!
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: LOL

Post by Vin Tanner »

Nowhereman wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:09 am

Although I'm not a fan of petty insults


Me thinks HFCanucks is merely a vehicle for venting their life-related grievances, masked as hockey-related ones.

Watch out for the Chef. He is a very insulting fellow. He is a local legend for all the wrong reasons. For doing ridiculous amounts of cocaine, running a less than stellar drywalling business and for his creepy wardrobe of wife beaters, spandex pants and cowboy boots. He’s about 5ft 4, 290 , long flowing skullet with a massive rum nose, all full of veins and zits. You’ve been warned. :mex:

Agree about your last comment


Welcome aboard
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 10198
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: LOL

Post by Cornuck »

Welcome NWM - We've been anxiously awaiting your arrival. ;)

Hopefully you can live with the petty insults as it's the glue that holds this board together. We're a bunch of grumpy old men with not much else to do. ;)
2021 - Playoff Bound
ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3330
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: LOL

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:27 am

Watch out for the Chef. He is a very insulting fellow. He is a local legend for all the wrong reasons. For doing ridiculous amounts of cocaine, running a less than stellar drywalling business and for his creepy wardrobe of wife beaters, spandex pants and cowboy boots. He’s about 5ft 4, 290 , long flowing skullet with a massive rum nose, all full of veins and zits. You’ve been warned. :mex:

Agree about your last comment


Welcome aboard
Chef is a drywaller? I always got more of a roofer vibe off him.
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14877
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: LOL

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ESQ wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:08 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:27 am

Watch out for the Chef. He is a very insulting fellow. He is a local legend for all the wrong reasons. For doing ridiculous amounts of cocaine, running a less than stellar drywalling business and for his creepy wardrobe of wife beaters, spandex pants and cowboy boots. He’s about 5ft 4, 290 , long flowing skullet with a massive rum nose, all full of veins and zits. You’ve been warned. :mex:

Agree about your last comment


Welcome aboard
Chef is a drywaller? I always got more of a roofer vibe off him.
Does the Chef cruise around the site on stilts with his folk music blaring while he smears the ceilings?

:lol:

Image
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 10198
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: LOL

Post by Cornuck »

With the picture that Doyle has painted of the Dude over the years, the thought of him on stilts is almost as scary as mick on a roof!
2021 - Playoff Bound
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14877
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: LOL

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:24 pm With the picture that Doyle has painted of the Dude over the years, the thought of him on stilts is almost as scary as mick on a roof!
I bet he spends half of his 4 hour work day on smoko as well
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 12717
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: LOL

Post by Topper »

Nowhereman wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:09 am Well, it took me long enough but I finally made my way to Canucks Corner! And this thread, in particular, was the prompt I needed, lol.

Although I'm not a fan of petty insults, if there was ever a bunch of self-righteous crybabies that deserve the odd bit of mud thrown their way, it's the crew over at HFBoards[ CanucksCorner. It's one thing to criticize Benning, as he's made his fair share of mistakes and is not immune to criticism. But resorting to tireless hyperbole, childish vitriol, endless hypocrisy, unbending narratives and constant tail-chasing, with a heavy dollop of smugness and the Dunning-Kruger effect, is not the way to do it.

Anyway, glad to be here! :D
I see you have met my friends Baubles and the Dude.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 11760
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: LOL

Post by rats19 »

Welcome NWM

Nice to see you posting, looking forward to your contributions
To... Or not..
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 29932
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: LOL

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:27 am
Nowhereman wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:09 am Although I'm not a fan of petty insults

Me thinks HFCanucks is merely a vehicle for venting their life-related grievances, masked as hockey-related ones.
Watch out for the Chef. He is a very insulting fellow. He is a local legend for all the wrong reasons. For doing ridiculous amounts of cocaine, running a less than stellar drywalling business and for his creepy wardrobe of wife beaters, spandex pants and cowboy boots. He’s about 5ft 4, 290 , long flowing skullet with a massive rum nose, all full of veins and zits.
Finally, someone trying to put an end to all the petty insults around here!!

Thanks Doyle, you're the classiest subject-changing goalpost-moving strawman-building dink ever! :lol:

Sorry for this thread Nowhereman, but those scumsucking ditchpig HF mongoloids drove us to it.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3811
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: LOL

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

ukcanuck wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:27 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:53 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:32 pm When he pms me he’s usually enraged shouting about Jim Nabors and anti gay shit.
Nabors' version of Rose Garden put's Lynn Anderson's to shame...


Well golly Sarge! I ain’t heard Jim Nabors name in fuck 40 years easy, never mind that rose garden song.

So is there a connection between gomert and gomer pile
Yep. But don't rib him about his rich operatic baritone singing voice whatever you do UKcanuck.

He gets plumb mad ;)
el rey del mambo
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 29932
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: LOL

Post by Strangelove »

Nowhereman wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:09 am Although I'm not a fan of petty insults, if there was ever a bunch of self-righteous crybabies that deserve the odd bit of mud thrown their way, it's the crew over at HFBoards. It's one thing to criticize Benning, as he's made his fair share of mistakes and is not immune to criticism. But resorting to tireless hyperbole, childish vitriol, endless hypocrisy, unbending narratives and constant tail-chasing, with a heavy dollop of smugness and the Dunning-Kruger effect, is not the way to do it.

When asked to provide alternatives to Benning's decisions, they usually just throw out options that are even more obtuse than the real world results, proving that their hate comes less from a place of knowledge and more so from a place of... well, I'm not sure what the hell has all those neckbeards so damn livid. Me thinks HFCanucks is merely a vehicle for venting their life-related grievances, masked as hockey-related ones.
Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 29932
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: LOL

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:09 am The Doyle~Chef flame wars are more of a feature than a problem.
Agreed.

Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8788
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: LOL

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:08 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:27 am

Watch out for the Chef. He is a very insulting fellow. He is a local legend for all the wrong reasons. For doing ridiculous amounts of cocaine, running a less than stellar drywalling business and for his creepy wardrobe of wife beaters, spandex pants and cowboy boots. He’s about 5ft 4, 290 , long flowing skullet with a massive rum nose, all full of veins and zits. You’ve been warned. :mex:

Agree about your last comment


Welcome aboard
Chef is a drywaller? I always got more of a roofer roofie vibe off him.
Fixed.
Post Reply