LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: LOL

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Topper wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:58 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:26 am
Topper wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:53 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:56 pm He must have fingers like English Bangers
You spend a lot of time comparing men's finger to sausage sizes.

I know a lot of women who do that.
One post now = “a lot of time”
Oh, did I use hyperbole? How obnoxious of me. I sincerely hope you are not butt hurt.

That depends on the size of your banger.
2011..... the one that got away.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:45 am But what’s even more gut busting is that they are all circling around Markstrom (a Gillis player) calling him the MVP of the year. The GillisBros are grasping at straws holding on for dear life.
Are these people the source of your otherwise inexplicable position that any criticism of Benning is an implied endorsement of Gillis?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:03 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:45 am But what’s even more gut busting is that they are all circling around Markstrom (a Gillis player) calling him the MVP of the year. The GillisBros are grasping at straws holding on for dear life.
Are these people the source of your otherwise inexplicable position that any criticism of Benning is an implied endorsement of Gillis?
This is a valid question
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You can’t be a GillisBro and a BenningBro equally or with some parts of both however divided. It’s like are you a Jew or a Christian, or a Republican or a Democrat? You are either one or the other. However - the GillisBros are idiots as much as Eyebags was and the BenningBros cannot be denied. We are the cream rising to the top and the GillisBros will disappear from the game just like Mike - 6 years without an NHL job and counting

Mike Gillis - “Aussie Rules Football - that’s the future of Hockey. I’ve been studying how they do things, the stuff they are doing is amazing and I plan on implementing their systems when I get the job in Seattle. Seattle are you listening?”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:45 am
You can’t be a GillisBro and a BenningBro equally or with some parts of both however divided. It’s like are you a Jew or a Christian, or a Republican or a Democrat? You are either one or the other.
OK, this explains a bit. The possibility that you seem to be missing is that one can be neither. That is to say, there is no requirement to endorse the decisions or track record of either man as Canucks general manager. You could take a position on which one was better (or less bad), without thinking either was very good. Maybe think of it like the old Ford/Chevy rivalry -- a car enthusiast might hold that Mercedes was better than either, so the distinction was unimportant.

So far, Gillis and Benning have manged the Canucks to exactly the same number of Stanley Cup championships. When a Benning-managed Canucks team wins the Stanley Cup, it will be clear to me that Benning was better. I still think it would take the Dynasty that you promised to prove a genius, though.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:49 am
You can’t be a GillisBro and a BenningBro equally or with some parts of both however divided. It’s like are you a Jew or a Christian, or a Republican or a Democrat? You are either one or the other.
OK, this explains a bit. The possibility that you seem to be missing is that one can be neither.
You just described poster Y2K/Pauser!

He has, in fact railed against every GM in Canuck history!

But then he always railed against the Sedins as well.

(first they were not going to be NHLers, then they were not going to be top sixers, then they were just vastly overrated)

The Pause has never had anything good to say about anything Canuck until he/she/it left the organization.

He does however occasionally say good things about the Leaves.

Which begs the question: Is Y2K a Toronto Maple Leaves mole? :wow:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:01 pm

The Pause has never had anything good to say about anything Canuck until he/she/it left the organization.
I don't know this poster, but the fact is, no GM in Canucks history has built a Stanley Cup winning team in Vancouver, so it would be reasonable to assert that even ones who did better elsewhere can't claim to have been great while they were here.

Unless you want to go down the anti-Canucks conspiracy theory rabbit hole...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:21 pm I don't know this poster, but the fact is, no GM in Canucks history has built a Stanley Cup winning team in Vancouver, so it would be reasonable to assert that even ones who did better elsewhere can't claim to have been great while they were here.
You don't understand.

Leaves-loving Y2K has hated on every single Canuck GM from Day One.

And he never had a single good thing to say about the Sedins.

Y2K is clearly either a Leaves mole or Satan.

Or both.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:49 am
OK, this explains a bit. The possibility that you seem to be missing is that one can be neither. That is to say, there is no requirement to endorse the decisions or track record of either man as Canucks general manager. You could take a position on which one was better (or less bad), without thinking either was very good. Maybe think of it like the old Ford/Chevy rivalry -- a car enthusiast might hold that Mercedes was better than either, so the distinction was unimportant.

So far, Gillis and Benning have manged the Canucks to exactly the same number of Stanley Cup championships. When a Benning-managed Canucks team wins the Stanley Cup, it will be clear to me that Benning was better. I still think it would take the Dynasty that you promised to prove a genius, though.
The position I took was an easy one -

- Gillis was found out to be a farce (the one I had predicted him to be the day he was hired) after inheriting a great young, talented core group of players only to get one miserable visit to the finals.

- Benning the greasy, hot dog eating, rink rat naturel inherited a royal mess, will eventually prove that he was the perfect hire coming in after Gillis completely shitfucked the prospect pool with 6 years of miserable drafting and some horrific trades.

Pettersson Generational
Boeser - 23rd overall
Gaudette - 5th round
Hughes - that elusive offensive supernova the organization has never seen
Demko - 2nd round
Woo - 2nd round
Blah
Blah
Blah

Genius
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:37 pm
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:21 pm I don't know this poster, but the fact is, no GM in Canucks history has built a Stanley Cup winning team in Vancouver, so it would be reasonable to assert that even ones who did better elsewhere can't claim to have been great while they were here.
You don't understand.

Or both.
Y2K is a very angry little man with all kinds of envy pouring out of every pore of his body. His postings reek of displaced aggression. Shit is going down in his real life as with all the GillisBros
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:28 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:37 pm
You don't understand.

Or both.
Y2K is a very angry little man with all kinds of envy pouring out of every pore of his body. His postings reek of displaced aggression. Shit is going down in his real life as with all the GillisBros
Guaranteed the gillisbros are a bunch of virgin incels
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:21 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:01 pm

I don't know this poster, but the fact is, no GM in Canucks history has built a Stanley Cup winning team in Vancouver, so it would be reasonable to assert that even ones who did better elsewhere can't claim to have been great while they were here.

Unless you want to go down the anti-Canucks conspiracy theory rabbit hole...
RG - are you an errand boy (HF GillisBro mole) sent by Grocery Clerks (HF Mods) to collect a bill (troll)?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Is there seriously a group of gillis people still active? Its been 5 fuckin years
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:13 am Is there seriously a group of gillis people still active? Its been 5 fuckin years
Yet here a few posters blame every wrong on him.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:13 am Is there seriously a group of gillis people still active? Its been 5 fuckin years
It wont end until, in the very distant future when Jim is forced to retire due to he got his letter from the Queen and realized how old he was,
then a new one begins over Jim Benning and Valter Sedin's oldest son, the new manager.
"evolution"