LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:12 pm Hey is anyone else thinking this has something to do with Putin’s minions sowing chaos by posting obtuse, inflammatory hearsay to stoke the seeds of fascism and desolate our democracy. If not, I have no explanation what’s going on. Obviously there is some serious propaganda and repression going on. Goebbels would be proud of the Mods over there.
Hilarious, and yet I honestly feel bad for them.

It was an excellent forum once upon a time and I miss that.

Sure there have always been plenty of silly kids posting there.

But they used to have great leaders to show the kids the way, keep them in line.

This all started with a group of negative posters over there in my opinion.

Slowly they spread their influence and gained control...

(none of this happens if it's not a rebuild)

Eventually they got to the mods, but what could the mods do at that point?

I like to fantasize that if I were a mod there I could have prevented it from happening.

But in my heart I know there is no way one person could have done anything.

I would have become exasperated and left... or more likely: burned out/banned.

I also think it's partly a systematic thing.

Meaning I think HF should give more power to the home mods on each team's forums.

These global mods and should merely make suggestions to the home mods.

See, the home mods are gonna have a better feel for the intent of the post

... because they are more intimate with their posters.

They could have a panel of overseers to examine complaints in case a home mod were to go rogue.

I think one of the qualities to look for in choosing a mod is his/her loyalty to the team and GM.

Yes, his/her POSITIVITY!

I know that sounds corny and yes there are more important qualities

... but bottom line, the forum is supposed to be a FAN forum.

A positive mod is going to naturally always remind people of that in various ways.

Hey, if you're not enjoying your team and enjoying the back-and-forth discussions about your team

... WHY ARE YOU DOING IT??

It's not your job, you're only in it for the fun!

If you're getting angry and frustrated as a poster on a sports messageboard, you're not doing it right.

(or it's not the right site for you)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:41 pm I had to see how far down the rabbit hole they really were and the answer is far. They've worked themselves into a fever over anything to do with their teams management group...they're convinced hes the antichrist and has destroyed their entire universe.

Is mass psychosis a thing? Can an entire horde of people really become blind with hate and not recognize that the team is poised to take a major step forward?
Oh it be's a thing y'all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_psychogenic_illness

I've alluded to this in the past...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:11 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:41 pm I had to see how far down the rabbit hole they really were and the answer is far. They've worked themselves into a fever over anything to do with their teams management group...they're convinced hes the antichrist and has destroyed their entire universe.

Is mass psychosis a thing? Can an entire horde of people really become blind with hate and not recognize that the team is poised to take a major step forward?
Oh it be's a thing y'all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_psychogenic_illness

I've alluded to this in the past...
There seems to be a lord of the flies thing going down too. If one lands a particularly scathing insult the others all try to outdo the first.

I am going to hang around there to read all the backpedaling and ass covering that i predict will be happening when the canucks start winning around xmas.

My prediction is a slower than ideal start for the team as they gel with all the new bodies but make up for it by the end of December

It really is fascinating though. I recognize some of the wrist slitters from central like tant lol. When did he lose his shit like that?
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Definitely getting to a couple of them. Ronning on Empty>>>lol

But look at this other fuck-fart this morning. Have they no rules!!!!!

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... 47/page-19
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Tantalum was never like this before. He was a bit more even keeled like myself when it came to judging players and management. Probably a bit more politically correct than me, but nowhere near as amusing or handsome. Not to mention he’s got me by 70 pounds.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Peter10 said “Good Bye” but I notice he’s still there. He must be suffering from “separation anxiety” like the rest of the turd. Announce your exit but return immediately. “I’m done!” “But not really, still here just to be angry.”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Classic Melvin Think Tank (Butt Gillis) Pinky the Brain.

“My favourite thing about this is the correlation between pro-benning, and anti-tank. That is some serious cult behaviour, to somehow not understand that the teams results under Benning are indistinguishable from tanking. It's fascinating.”

Repeat - “it’s fascinating” - :lol:
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:41 am Peter10 said “Good Bye” but I notice he’s still there. He must be suffering from “separation anxiety” like the rest of the turd. Announce your exit but return immediately. “I’m done!” “But not really, still here just to be angry.”
:lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

They must be aware of this thread. I was hunting for something about it and didnt find anything though.
Maybe the mods are hiding the truth like the govt and ufos
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:52 am They must be aware of this thread. I was hunting for something about it and didnt find anything though.
Maybe the mods are hiding the truth like the govt and ufos
Much like D’Arcy McGrath does with calgarypuck, those mods will delete any references to this place and to people poking fun at the special Olympian’s that post at that site. See no Evil Hear no Evil! It’s a hive mind attitude over there for sure.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

big change in appearance for mathonwy. the pompous, strutting taco fit better.
there's enough panic attacks going on over there to re-open essondale.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

One of docs archive victims just came out of the closet

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:11 pm One of docs archive victims just came out of the closet

Benning-bashing Melvin is publicly berating the mods for not infracting me! :lol:

If I did dat dere I'd be banned forever... but yeah, no favoritism going on there. :roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That place is f ing dope

How do they corral so many tards?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Melvin

How does one summon the angry posting energy that our friend MelvinHF has?

- Asspergers?
- Mental Illness?
- Manic Depression?
- Tourette’s?
- OCD?
- Paranoia?
- Schizophrenia?

The man is charged. Tightly wound and in no mood to lose an argument. He comes at Benningdom in waves. Shit, it’s like one has to bump some cocaine, mainline it, just to want to go dancing with the dude.