LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: LOL

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:02 pm Pretty much. Can you imagine the uproar if Benning shipped Horvat, Boeser, a top 10 pick, Podkolzin, Stecher and Demko for Eichel let alone another 3 or 4 assets.

I love these idiot that try to play GM.I mean everyone does it but the first six assets would be a massive ass ramming and he wants to fire in 3 or 4 more and still says Vancouver wins the deal. I guess that’s all he’s got.

Funny thing is that NOT ONE POSTER would challenge him on that proposed deal. What does that tell you? I think it speaks volumes.
I think the point of such a stupid proposal is so that if/when Eichel is traded, he can say Benning's such an idiot for not keeping a top-10 pick ... Because it always comes back to trashing the Miller trade
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:02 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:02 pm Pretty much. Can you imagine the uproar if Benning shipped Horvat, Boeser, a top 10 pick, Podkolzin, Stecher and Demko for Eichel let alone another 3 or 4 assets.

I love these idiot that try to play GM.I mean everyone does it but the first six assets would be a massive ass ramming and he wants to fire in 3 or 4 more and still says Vancouver wins the deal. I guess that’s all he’s got.

Funny thing is that NOT ONE POSTER would challenge him on that proposed deal. What does that tell you? I think it speaks volumes.
I think the point of such a stupid proposal is so that if/when Eichel is traded, he can say Benning's such an idiot for not keeping a top-10 pick ... Because it always comes back to trashing the Miller trade
It is bizarre to say the least. From what we saw from JT, anyone still trashing that trade is out to lunch. For all we know Miller becomes another Blake Wheeler who’s own career also took off around 26 or 27 when he played with a young stud centre on the top line. Miller is a horse who was put in a position to succeed and he passed with flying colours.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:09 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:16 am I think Lafrenierre is a great winger to be, time will tell how good he will be, how “generational” he will be. Right now he strikes me as Marian Hossa type, a Swiss Army knife type of player - good in every area of the game, not just your prototypical winger, in which is no slight to Lafrenierre because I think Hossa was an extremely under appreciated player. It’s in mr opinion that we already have that type of player in JT Miller who has elevated his game to such a degree that potentially will be to us what Hossa, Lafrenierre is to their teams.
I have him a cut above Hossa, but it’s a decent comparison. I feel he will be a perennial 90 -100 point player for 10-15 years. I see him as top 10 player in the league. JT Miller while having blossomed into a very good player at 27, is almost a decade older than Lafreniere.
Settle down with your Lafrenierre Love Doylez. It will take him a few years to hit his stride at the pro level against Men. Also, Miller just turned 27 last March. Stop talking about Miller like he’s an Old man like One Knee Sundin old when Sundin was offered $20 million by Mike Shmillis. A deal that you loved unabashedly. Miller has mountains of hockey left in his career. Mountains!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:28 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:09 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:16 am I think Lafrenierre is a great winger to be, time will tell how good he will be, how “generational” he will be. Right now he strikes me as Marian Hossa type, a Swiss Army knife type of player - good in every area of the game, not just your prototypical winger, in which is no slight to Lafrenierre because I think Hossa was an extremely under appreciated player. It’s in mr opinion that we already have that type of player in JT Miller who has elevated his game to such a degree that potentially will be to us what Hossa, Lafrenierre is to their teams.
I have him a cut above Hossa, but it’s a decent comparison. I feel he will be a perennial 90 -100 point player for 10-15 years. I see him as top 10 player in the league. JT Miller while having blossomed into a very good player at 27, is almost a decade older than Lafreniere.
Settle down with your Lafrenierre Love Doylez. It will take him a few years to hit his stride at the pro level against Men. Also, Miller just turned 27 last March. Stop talking about Miller like he’s an Old man like One Knee Sundin old when Sundin was offered $20 million by Mike Shmillis. A deal that you loved unabashedly. Miller has mountains of hockey left in his career. Mountains!
All I said was JT Miller is almost a decade older than Lafreniere. I never said he was an old man. You’ve been hanging out with Gomer and dipping into the scotchguard way too much. Not sure what HHOFer Mats Sundin has to do with anything.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:11 pm
It is bizarre to say the least. From what we saw from JT, anyone still trashing that trade is out to lunch. For all we know Miller becomes another Blake Wheeler who’s own career also took off around 26 or 27 when he played with a young stud centre on the top line. Miller is a horse who was put in a position to succeed and he passed with flying colours.
IMO, JT would have been a 60-70 point first-liner at age 25 for sure if he was anywhere other than Tampa. I was against the trade when it was first announced, like probably most of us were, but after taking a few deep breaths and looking a bit more closely, it was pretty obvious that his full season in Tampa was pretty impressive for putting up 47 points with 3rd/4th line ice time.

I thought he'd be a 60-70 point player here with top-6 minutes, I didn't expect him to be an 85-90 point MVP.

Nothing better than being proven wrong, amirite? Especially when the alternative is to keep bashing the Miller trade and dig-in to the initial knee-jerk reaction.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ESQ wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:41 am.

Nothing better than being proven wrong, amirite?
I'd rather get a blowjob, fresh baked in the boat hauling in a 20lb rainbow while watching the canucks hoisting the cup in gm place on my tablet
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:54 am

I'd rather get a blowjob, fresh baked in the boat hauling in a 20lb rainbow while watching the canucks hoisting the cup in gm place on my tablet
Whatever, "casual" fan. :lol: :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

ESQ wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:59 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:54 am

Whatever, "casual" fan. :lol: :lol:
I still consider the pacific coliseum the home rink...that bar across renfrew was where we pre-chugged before yelling obscenities from the rafters all night
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Captains Log:
Stardate - 2020.06.06
Time - 18:21
Captain Bleach Clean reporting from the USS Anal Bleaching

“Discussion - belief vs rationale“

“Ice-Borg is free to carry that belief is calling someone an idiot now? No. It’s acknowledging that Ice-Borg carry's a belief, not a rationale. The rationale can be tested, can be reasoned with, and can be changed. A belief is static until Ice-Borg decides to believe otherwise. That’s what is meant by that statement.”

Continued

“I understood Ice-Borgs point completely. If you track this discussion, something new has happened:”

“1) Direct organizational sources were referenced by someone saying that Officer Drance was purely speculating on his entire report. That’s evidence otherwise.”

Continued

“2) Officer POM used the word “intervened“ to describe what Captain Stubing had done. This is a big change to his steady tact of refusing all information.”

Continued

“The more granular this argument gets, the more obvious it becomes as to which parties are reaching for, or obfuscating evidence. That doesn’t happen if it’s just dropped at the early points in the exchange.”

End of Report
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/172278665/

Jesus what a delusional idiot. Hey neckbeards, you aren’t getting an NHL gig anytime soon. Don’t quit your day job at Walmart. Stick to your unfunny comic strips Jyrki.

As an asside I’m not enamoured with Elmer’s cap situation myself but I think requesting opinions from unathletic, unintelligent beakers isn’t the answer either.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:14 pm https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/172278665/

Jesus what a delusional idiot. Hey neckbeards, you aren’t getting an NHL gig anytime soon. Don’t quit your day job at Walmart. Stick to your unfunny comic strips Jyrki.

As an asside I’m not enamoured with Elmer’s cap situation myself but I think requesting opinions from unathletic, unintelligent beakers isn’t the answer either.
What about Captains Logs?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:14 pm https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/172278665/

The phrase "mentally divergent" springs to mind.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:02 pm

What about Captains Logs?
Beach Clean is a sick, sick man when you realize I didn’t change much of his original post. That post of his that I “Fan Fic’d” is fucked up shit.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The core belief over there is that the day of the career hockey pro is over, gone the way of the dinosaur and that a new breed of acne ridden, unathletic skinny/fat woke communist revolutionary stringtie messiah is emerging to take over the industry and lead the Canucks to the promised land. Once you understand that they believe this with a religious fervor it becomes easy to interpret the forum content. Of course it's all completely delusional.
el rey del mambo
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:29 pm The core belief over there is that the day of the career hockey pro is over, gone the way of the dinosaur and that a new breed of acne ridden, unathletic skinny/fat woke communist revolutionary stringtie messiah is emerging to take over the industry and lead the Canucks to the promised land. Once you understand that they believe this with a religious fervor it becomes easy to interpret the forum content. Of course it's all completely delusional.
So it's like the Republican party down south here.... same mindset.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."