LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

@ ESQ Mackinnon would have had well over 100 points two years ago if not for injury. Last year he had 99. He’s not blowing my expectations away. I’ve always thought he was an excellent player unlike the Cook who said he was a scrub. Mac is a top 3 player in the league.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blobbee Hockee is voting for Sakic bottom line. BC Hockey Players trumps all in Blobbee Hockee’s World
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I'm not really sure if Benning should be the frontrunner either, I think it should be a more-active GM who's done more moves than Benning has.

Benning's biggest activity was probably the UFA market for the past 2 years, with mixed results. He hasn't made many trades, though I think he's one both of the major ones (Pearson and Miller).
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:13 pm @ ESQ Mackinnon would have had well over 100 points two years ago if not for injury. Last year he had 99. He’s not blowing my expectations away. I’ve always thought he was an excellent player unlike the Cook who said he was a scrub. Mac is a top 3 player in the league.
Yep, MacKinnon has been on another level for his 3rd straight season. But 99 points to 120 is huge, and 53 points in his draft +5 year to 120 points this year is monumental.

Top 3 in the league? Mackinnon's season is on pace to be the best in 25 years. Surely that's affecting the team in the standings.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think he’s top three with Sid and McMullet. He finally got a high end line mate in Rantanen two years ago when he was 22. He’s still only 24. Some of us could see he was going to be a stud. Other miserable posters in their coked up bitter fog hated him from day 1.

Not to nitpick but Makar was Colorado’s own pick in 2017. The Byram pick along with Shane Bowers and a 3rd in 2019 came from Ottawa. They also scored a top pairing D man in 19 year old (at the time) Sam Girard, a good prospect in Kamenev and a 2nd in 2018 from Nashville. Sakic picked up a cool six assets. He rebuilt their youth with basically that deal and picking Makar.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Byram looked stinky beyond belief at the WJC’s. Drysdale much better

Concussion Timmins

Jost - another BC bust.

Pretty meh on some of their more recent pickings. Makar is great
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Timmins - 3 goals 10 assists AHL
Lind - 12 goals 26 assists AHL
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

This why you don’t smoke rock kids. It’s ok to do the odd rail, but don’t go full Cook and smoke it out of a glass beak. The guy is a train wreck :mex:
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:20 pm
Not to nitpick but Makar was Colorado’s own pick in 2017.
Ohhh right, hard to believe that they were so deep in the basement such a short time ago.

But also another example of the better luck Sakic has had, Canucks haven't picked that high since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:58 pm This why you only smoke H kids. It’s ok to do the odd mainline, nod out for a bit, but don’t go full junkie and shoot up like I did. Im a train wreck for it :mex:
Whoa
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Back on track here kids. This thread is to poke fun at the neck beards at hfboards

https://hfboards.com/posts/169485835/

What a scumbag. And this neckbeard says to all the othe freaks at that shitty dump that if you don’t gobble up all the fancy stats and bag on the management for EVERY MOVE you are a casual. How much money does this idiot spend on going to games ?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:11 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:58 pm This why you only smoke H kids. It’s ok to do the odd mainline, nod out for a bit, but don’t go full junkie and shoot up like I did. Im a train wreck for it :mex:
Whoa
You’ve lost the plot. Even your master has acknowledged Sakic has done a good job. Once again you’re making a spectacle of yourself
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:16 pm Back on track here kids. This thread is to poke fun at the neck beards at hfboards

What a scumbag. And this neckbeard says to all the othe freaks at that shitty dump that if you don’t gobble up all the fancy stats and bag on the management for EVERY MOVE you are a casual. How much money does this idiot spend on going to games ?
Bad link but it’s vanuck the neckbeard on page 19 of the management thread. What a douche
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:27 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:16 pm Back on track here kids. This thread is to poke fun at the neck beards at hfboards

Bad link but it’s vanuck the neckbeard on page 19 of the management thread. What a douche
Ummm, it only goes up to page 16 at the moment.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... 33/page-16

Thanks for that btw, it was like snorkeling in the Ganges. :scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:34 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:27 pm

Ummm, it only goes up to page 16 at the moment.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... 33/page-16

Thanks for that btw, it was like snorkeling in the Ganges. :scowl:
You and UK in matching speedos? Chasing Wids around with your snorkels :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:38 pm You and UK in matching speedos? C
Thankfully I've already vomited everything up. :(
____
Try to focus on someday.