Free Agency 2018 & Everything Related

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Free Agency 2018 & Everything Related

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:03 am Dude please point out where I said Bo will never be as good as ROR
Still waiting
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:19 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:03 am Dude please point out where I said Bo will never be as good as ROR
“He is nowhere near the defensive player OReilly Minus 24 is”
He isn’t anywhere near the DEFENSIVE player that O’Reilly is.

That’s all you got. You’re a way better troll than this buds.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:20 am
Still waiting
Read between your standard usual crypted lines
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:22 am
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:19 am
“He is nowhere near the defensive player OReilly Minus 24 is”
He isn’t anywhere near the DEFENSIVE player that O’Reilly is.

That’s all you got. You’re a way better troll than this buds.
I was wrong. Minus 23. Not Minus 24

Blob - “Nowhere near the defensive player $7.5 million per year Ryan “I stopped caring” O’Reilly is”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

For the fourth time for Sharples who clearly struggles with reading:

I wouldn’t trade Bo for ROR. Vancouver will be lucky if Bo becomes as good of a two way player as ROR.This player has been a consistent 60 point player while checking the oppositions best players. Or do you think Eichel plays all the tough defensive minutes? At this time Bo isn’t as good of a defensive player as ROR. +/- is not the best stat to gauge a players worth because of all the variables. It’s pretty clear you don’t or haven’t watched the player much or at all.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:35 am For the fourth time for Sharples who clearly struggles with reading:

I wouldn’t trade Bo for ROR. Vancouver will be lucky if Bo becomes as good of a two way player as ROR.This player has been a consistent 60 point player while checking the oppositions best players. Or do you think Eichel plays all the tough defensive minutes? At this time Bo isn’t as good of a defensive player as ROR. +/- is not the best stat to gauge a players worth because of all the variables. It’s pretty clear you don’t or haven’t watched the player much or at all.
No I just see that every team he plays for are disasters. $7.5 million is supposed to help make better, not worst

“I stopped caring” - tell that to the owner as he’s writing you a cheque - Ryan

Minus 23 - A defensive juggernaut he is. “Bo will never been the shiney example ROR is.”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:42 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:35 am For the fourth time for Sharples who clearly struggles with reading:

No I just see that every team he plays for are disasters. $7.5 million is supposed to help make better, not worst

“I stopped caring” - tell that to the owner as he’s writing you a cheque - Ryan

Minus 23 - A defensive juggernaut he is. “Bo will never been the shiney example ROR is.”
Two years ago Bo Horvat was -30. Edler was -40. Did they both improve leaps and bounds defensively? It’s such a useless stat when used on its own. Horvat has improved somewhat defensively but he is no stalwart yet. Green actually gave the guy more offensive zone starts as opposed to Desjardins who buried the kid in his own zone playing against the other teams best players.

I am no fan of ROR and his attitude either. You’ve went on a tangent here when all I basically said was they Bo would do well to be that good of a two way centre
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Anyhow Blob, something just stinks a foul of ROR. He moaned about being an Avalanche. His Avalanche teammates didn’t like him. He moaned about being a Sabre.

When is Mr. $7.5 million gonna look in the mirror?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:04 am Anyhow Blob, something just stinks a foul of ROR. He moaned about being an Avalanche. His Avalanche teammates didn’t like him. He moaned about being a Sabre.

When is Mr. $7.5 million gonna look in the mirror?
Yep getting gowed and ramming into a Tim Hortons and leaving the scene sounds like something you would do back in the day.

He is a strange cat. Maybe he plays well for St Lou. He has the talent to do so.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The 1st round prospect the Sabres acquired from the Blues Tage Thompson has spoken.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:35 am It’s pretty clear you don’t or haven’t watched the player much or at all.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

2 seasons ago, I thought BoHo was better than Nate McKinnon, but McKinnon just exploded with a monster year. U never know, it's still early. It's pretty much Bo's team now. If he can stay healthy and continues to be the 1st liner playing with Brockstar, I expect a breakout year. He prob won't reach McKinnon numbers, but I don't think we have seen the best from BoHo just yet.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:12 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:35 am It’s pretty clear you don’t or haven’t watched the player much or at all.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:33 am Benning’s pissed draft picks away on Vey’s and Sutter’s.....a big difference between 3rd/4th line guys and O’Reilly.
Canucks did not lose a draft pick in the Sutter trade.

(it was 9 spot pick upgrade, Nucks still got their targeted player: Lockwood)

One-billion-and-three times.

Re: "3rd/4th line guy" - Sutter has averaged over 17 minutes per game over his 10-year career minus his rookie season.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:34 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:29 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:25 am I wouldn’t even consider trading Bo for ROR straight up.
Neither would I. Bo is four years younger and on a cheaper contract. I just said Vancouver will be lucky if Horvat becomes that good of a player.
He already is better. Horvat was well on his way to a 30 goal season before breaking his leg last season, and he has a much better attitude to boot
Agreed, Bo is the better player of the two and he earns $2M less per year, GMJB is a genius.
____
Try to focus on someday.