Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I agree with keeping retention slots though. Elmer already has used two on Hansen and Del Zotto. He did a garbage in garbage out trade for Pearson , but he will need to retain on Brandon and Louis if he wants to get rid of them. Or he can take another garbage contract back I guess. He did that with Spooner
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:53 am I agree with keeping retention slots though. Elmer already has used two on Hansen and Del Zotto.
Well the Hansen retention is gone and the Del Zotto one will be gone at the end of the season...

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:53 am He did a garbage in garbage out trade for Pearson , but he will need to retain on Brandon and Louis if he wants to get rid of them. Or he can take another garbage contract back I guess. He did that with Spooner
Guds/Pearson trade was not "garbage in garbage out".

... and that trade has nothing to do with Canuck retention slots so like wtf.

Pearson and Spooner were established top-sixers for years up until this very season.

They're still young and solid bounce-back candidates.

Spooner's contract ends in one year, Pearson's in two, but I get it, you're desperate for things to bitch bitch bitch about.

We would not have to retain or take back "garbage contracts" on Sutter or Loui.

Other than all that, great post, would read again!
____
Try to focus on someday.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

If Dion Phaneuf and his crazy over payment of a contract in both dollars and term can be traded from the leaves to the Sens and then to the Kings, I'm sure Sutter and/or Eriksson can be moved.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:50 pm

Yes it was.

Yes we will.

Thank you.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:06 pm

Yes it was.

Yes we will.

Thank you.
It must be true what they say... "Ignorance is bliss". :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

If the team doesn't land a top 5 pick this draft and has to draft a player who will need a year or two development before going pro.

I'd give up a winger + dman (likely Tanev) + 2020 1st (lotto protected) for Huberdeau.

After fixing the defense, the team really needs a young proven top 6 scoring forward to help out Petey, Boeser and Horvat if the team wants to improve.

Goldy, Virtanen, Leivo, Baertschi(injury prone) just don't have the panache to be a lethal threat game in, game out.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

SKYO wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:03 pm If the team doesn't land a top 5 pick this draft and has to draft a player who will need a year or two development before going pro.

I'd give up a winger + dman (likely Tanev) + 2020 1st (lotto protected) for Huberdeau.

After fixing the defense, the team really needs a young proven top 6 scoring forward to help out Petey, Boeser and Horvat if the team wants to improve.

Goldy, Virtanen, Leivo, Baertschi(injury prone) just don't have the panache to be a lethal threat game in, game out.
Nope we should target toffoli, send them Hutton and a pick. Reunite toffoli with Pearson, and bo as center. That’s a great 2nd line with some heavy boys who can score.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Last edited by Meds on Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

Canucks don't have many moveable assets. I thought it may have been smarter to deal Dahlen over the summer. There wasn't any rush, really and it seems we ended up with a younger but less talented player.

Benning needs to ship out a lot of guys this summer. Some of them may bring back an OK return. Loui will be a tough one and it'll cost us - I'd be happy if he was gone. He becomes more tradable after July 1 when his bonus is paid out.

Sutter may bring back something like a late pick or B prospect. Tanev may get a decent return. After that, it's time to see Granlund move on as well as Pouliot and Schaeller.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Iceman2014 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:51 pm Canucks don't have many moveable assets. I thought it may have been smarter to deal Dahlen over the summer. There wasn't any rush, really and it seems we ended up with a younger but less talented player.

Benning needs to ship out a lot of guys this summer. Some of them may bring back an OK return. Loui will be a tough one and it'll cost us - I'd be happy if he was gone. He becomes more tradable after July 1 when his bonus is paid out.

Sutter may bring back something like a late pick or B prospect. Tanev may get a decent return. After that, it's time to see Granlund move on as well as Pouliot and Schaeller.
Can Eriksson be put on waivers and sent to the minors?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Zedlee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:55 pm
Iceman2014 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:51 pm Canucks don't have many moveable assets. I thought it may have been smarter to deal Dahlen over the summer. There wasn't any rush, really and it seems we ended up with a younger but less talented player.

Can Eriksson be put on waivers and sent to the minors?
https://www.capfriendly.com/players/loui-eriksson

I don't see why not. The NMC is gone now. But then we get nothing except a roster spot.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:53 am I agree with keeping retention slots though. Elmer already has used two on Hansen and Del Zotto.
Well the Hansen retention is gone and the Del Zotto one will be gone at the end of the season...

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:53 am He did a garbage in garbage out trade for Pearson , but he will need to retain on Brandon and Louis if he wants to get rid of them. Or he can take another garbage contract back I guess. He did that with Spooner

... and that trade has nothing to do with Canuck retention slots so like wtf.

Pearson and Spooner were established top-sixers for years up until this very season.

They're still young and solid bounce-back candidates.

Spooner's contract ends in one year, Pearson's in two, but I get it, you're desperate for things to bitch bitch bitch about.

I'm not really sure how a guy can be in the league for 7 years and produce one 50 point and one 40 point season and be considered an established top anything.

Likewise a guy can't play 6 seasons and produce a pair of 40 point seasons and be considered established as a top-6 forward in the NHL.

I'm not in the garbage in, garbage out, camp on the Spooner for Pearson trade. Benning got the ever so slightly cheaper player, who is a year younger, and can play a more physical brand of hockey. So unless Spooner rebounds into a 50 point forward and Pearson plays his way to Utica, I'd say it's a win for Benning.....not a big one though.

Yeah Loui and Sutter will be "losses" when we move them. Even if we don't have to take garbage back or retain salary, the only gain we get will be their cap space, which obviously is the point of moving them, but I would venture to say that If we want them gone it will cost us trading down in a lower round. Think Datsyuk to Arizona, but less.....like Loui+5th to AZ for a 7th.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:22 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:50 pm Pearson and Spooner were established top-sixers for years up until this very season.
I'm not really sure how a guy can be in the league for 7 years and produce one 50 point and one 40 point season and be considered an established top anything.

Likewise a guy can't play 6 seasons and produce a pair of 40 point seasons and be considered established as a top-6 forward in the NHL.
Nay, they actually were established top-sixers prior to this season.

Their minutes and points per game along with their contracts should tell you that.

Max for Spooner was 49 points btw; Pearson 44...
____
Try to focus on someday.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Mëds wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:22 pm I'm not in the garbage in, garbage out, camp on the Spooner for Pearson trade.
How did the Canucks do on the Granlund for Motte trade?
Hono_rary Canadian
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Did UW just fire a clapper at the noggin of 7’3” Mëds?

Zing!
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!