Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Mickey107 »

More
Nick Kypreos

Verified account

@RealKyper
Follow Follow @RealKyper
More
Weekend wish list for @Canucks could include new Elder Boeser deals. Doesn’t sound like Boeser needs max term so expect 4-5 yrs in or around 7m Edler talk once again optimistic with gap closing. Nothing imminent on both but sounds like deals to be made out there @NHL
@Sportsnet

9:51 AM - 19 Jun 2019
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

theman wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:29 am
Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:23 am There's a rumour that Jimbo is trying to trade up, likely with Detroit for #6. I guess he has somebody targeted there?

If he can get 6 perhaps he trades up again with the Avs or Hawks to get Byram. Would love to get a BC kid who looks like he will be an absolute stud in the system.
Tanev + for the 6 OV? then package both for #3? Probably would be an overpayment though. Doubt Byram would drop to #6 to allow us to keep both picks.
Does any team in the NHL get more click bait than the Canucks? Eriksson, Lucic, Zaitsev, Myers, trading away the 1st, trying to trade down, now trying to trade up. Is there anything of substance, or just silly season, or just click bait to pay the bills?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:26 pm
theman wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:29 am
Diehard1 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:23 am There's a rumour that Jimbo is trying to trade up, likely with Detroit for #6. I guess he has somebody targeted there?

If he can get 6 perhaps he trades up again with the Avs or Hawks to get Byram. Would love to get a BC kid who looks like he will be an absolute stud in the system.
Tanev + for the 6 OV? then package both for #3? Probably would be an overpayment though. Doubt Byram would drop to #6 to allow us to keep both picks.
Does any team in the NHL get more click bait than the Canucks? Eriksson, Lucic, Zaitsev, Myers, trading away the 1st, trying to trade down, now trying to trade up. Is there anything of substance, or just silly season, or just click bait to pay the bills?
Yes
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:47 am Every year we see the local media creating stories from nothing and posting it, tweeting it, facebooking it just to get clicks to their article. My un official analytical review has indicated that they are only correct 1.54389% of the time, the rest of the time they have stolen UDL's drugs and rocking it out with RD at the Penthouse, making up rumours to frack up Blob.
They are all shit-talkers, Reefer.,Apparently it was Sekeres, Gallagher and Gillis who created the rumour that Aqualini reached out to Gillis about possibly coming back as Team President. Just to be twats in helping create a buzz for Gillis to get back in the NHL

Your thoughts, Reefer?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:46 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:47 am Every year we see the local media creating stories from nothing and posting it, tweeting it, facebooking it just to get clicks to their article. My un official analytical review has indicated that they are only correct 1.54389% of the time, the rest of the time they have stolen UDL's drugs and rocking it out with RD at the Penthouse, making up rumours to frack up Blob.
They are all shit-talkers, Reefer.,Apparently it was Sekeres, Gallagher and Gillis who created the rumour that Aqualini reached out to Gillis about possibly coming back as Team President. Just to be twats in helping create a buzz for Gillis to get back in the NHL

Your thoughts, Reefer?
You read this on a bathroom wall somewhere?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listening to JD Burke and his insight on prospects on 1040 is like listening to a 9 year old make up stories

Does JD live in Blobs basement in Haney?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:23 pm Listening to JD Burke and his insight on prospects on 1040 is like listening to a 9 year old make up stories

I have never lived across the Pitt River Bridge
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Have you ever lived under the Pitt River Bridge? :P
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:43 pm Have you ever lived under the Pitt River Bridge? :P
No always west of it. I am not a fan of the Fraser Valley
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:42 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:23 pm Listening to JD Burke and his insight on prospects on 1040 is like listening to a 9 year old make up stories

You go there on rank muff patrol when powdered up, though.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The only drugs i take are for heartburn reef.

I occasionally light plants on fire and breathe but thats not drugs...per se
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jes ... ay-europe/
Jesse Puljujarvi tells Oilers: ‘Trade me or I’ll play in Europe’

EDMONTON — Jesse Puljujarvi will not play another game for the Edmonton Oilers, according to his agent Markus Lehto.

If the Oilers don’t trade him within the National Hockey League, he will play in Europe next fall.

"If he doesn’t get traded," Lehto confirmed, "he will play in Europe next year. He will not play in Edmonton."
Well Pool Party's value just dropped big time!

Maybe Jimmy can get him attached to Lucic in a Loui trade! :thumbs:

If that's the case, and Milan agrees to waive for the X draft... I say do it!

We could buyout/trade Looch with a sweetener in 2021 if he/his-contract becomes too much to bear.

I'm very intrigued about Poolie... I keep picturing him on Petey's line racking up the points.

Could sign him to a cheap bridge contract as well.

Looch could punch heads in the bottom 6.

Hell, I'd even throw in Goldie to make this happen! :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:02 pm https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jes ... ay-europe/

EDMONTON — Jesse Puljujarvi will not play another game for the Edmonton Oilers, according to his agent Markus Lehto.

If the Oilers don’t trade him within the National Hockey League, he will play in Europe next fall.

"If he doesn’t get traded," Lehto confirmed, "he will play in Europe next year. He will not play in Edmonton."

We could buyout/trade Looch with a sweetener in 2021 if he/his-contract becomes too much to bear.

I'm very intrigued about Poolie... I keep picturing him on Petey's line racking up the points.

Add a nice draft pick on the day and a reasonable free agent signing and it’s Christmas in July :)
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:13 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:42 pm

You go there on rank muff patrol when powdered up, though.
You're telling me Blob is Mo Wanchuk?

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:02 pm https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jes ... ay-europe/

Yup! This good work out real well. Lucic would bring the "accountability" aspect we lack just a "wee" bit.

Not to mention a potential resurgence, if he's back in Van. :rockin:

Puljujarvi could quite likely be Image with a much better environment.

.He could either play with P and B on one line or B and P on the other, get it?
"evolution"