Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Mickey107 »

Adrian Dater
‏Verified account
@adater

Hearing some chatter about Vancouver offering Virtanen and 2020 first rounder for Barrie. We’ll see what happens @ColHockeyNow
10:06 AM - 21 Jun 2019
This one may be pretty accurate. Adrian Dater is a major sports personality in Denver with a good reputation.
"evolution"
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:02 am
Adrian Dater
‏Verified account
@adater

Hearing some chatter about Vancouver offering Virtanen and 2020 first rounder for Barrie. We’ll see what happens @ColHockeyNow
This one may be pretty accurate. Adrian Dater is a major sports personality in Denver with a good reputation.
Better be for Barrie + then. No real problem with trading Virtanen, next year 1st would have to be lottery protected too.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

theman wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:06 am
Adrian Dater
‏Verified account
@adater

Better be for Barrie + then. No real problem with trading Virtanen, next year 1st would have to be lottery protected too.
Top 10 protected. Even with Barrie this roster as is, is pretty scabby.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:40 am
Adrian Dater
‏Verified account
@adater

Top 10 protected. Even with Barrie this roster as is, is pretty scabby.
If we did get Barrie and not give up Horvat, that along with a Myers signing, we could challenge for a playoff spot.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Adrian Dater
‏Verified account
@adater

True. Still concerned about the now projected 8 million per year contract for Barrie, July 1st 2020. He will be turning 29 later that month.
That projection is considering another similar statistical year.
Even if only 7 million, the next year is Pete, Quinn and soon Marky needs a new one too.
Some contracts need to disappear. Eriksson/Sutter etc.
NHL salary cap maybe iffy..

I;m all for going for the playoff, but I would like to be a playoff team for multiple years.
I don't know why that three five foot ten guys on defense bothers me.
Dude would tell me it doesn't matter in the new NHL.
Maybe he's right. I don't know. Is he?
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:44 am
Adrian Dater
‏Verified account
@adater

True. Still concerned about the now projected 8 million per year contract for Barrie, July 1st 2020. He will be turning 29 later that month.
That projection is considering another similar statistical year.
Even if only 7 million, the next year is Pete, Quinn and soon Marky needs a new one too.
Some contracts need to disappear. Eriksson/Sutter etc.
NHL salary cap maybe iffy..

I;m all for going for the playoff, but I would like to be a playoff team for multiple years.
I don't know why that three five foot ten guys on defense bothers me.
Dude would tell me it doesn't matter in the new NHL.
Maybe he's right. I don't know. Is he?
I think it's a foregone conclusion at this point that Eriksson is gone. The question is what replaces him. Maybe we'll get lucky and he will simply not report to the team and we can suspend him and be done.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Adrian Dater
‏Verified account
@adater

https://twitter.com/Account4hockey/stat ... 5659711488
James
‏@Account4hockey

Dreger says on WGR550 that Sakic had an offer on the table for Tyson Barrie and slept on it. Could get done later today, re-mentions that VAN has lots of interest in Barrie.

8:44 AM - 21 Jun 2019
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I read that. Sounds like two separate things.
He's probably been contacted many times in the last few days...
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Barrie is pretty close to a 60-point defenceman - that's pretty much what I hope Quinn will be. He was in the top-10 in the league for dmen scoring, on a team that barely made it into the playoffs.

If we acquire him, while keeping Tanev, that's a top-4 of Edler-Tanev/Hughes-Barrie. With Stecher-Hutton on the bottom pairing, instead of playing 25+ minutes.

And if this upgrade to the top-4 happens, it's without blowing the wad in this free agency, leaving plenty of cap room.

I'm a big Virtanen fan, and very bullish on him, but I don't know if he'll hit 55+ points consistently like Barrie. And I like Miller, but I give him a zero percent chance of being a top-10 in the league defenceman.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

2016-the last one;....Not that it matters. :mrgreen:
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

If the Canucks were to take on the last year of David Clarkson's (if we are not on his to trade list), with Vegas,
we could put something together to acquire Collin Miller.
This would be more palatable then spending 6 or 7 or more per yr. for a UFA defense man.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Vancouver can’t trade their 2020, 1st. It’s already been traded conditionally. And they can’t trade their 2021 1st until we know if they’ll lose their 2020 one.

Getting Barrie won’t involve 1st now.

Kipper reporting that Barrie has already let the media know he wants to play in VCR when he hits FA. Says this has made it back to the Canucks which is why Benning balked at the price. Canucks believe there is a strong possibility they can sign him next year.

Sakic knows this too. So do some other GMs who have been inquiring. So there is uncertainty about whether an acquiring team can get him under contract now.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:22 am Vancouver can’t trade their 2020, 1st. It’s already been traded conditionally. And they can’t trade their 2021 1st until we know if they’ll lose their 2020 one.

Kipper reporting that Barrie has already let the media know he wants to play in VCR when he hits FA. Says this has made it back to the Canucks which is why Benning balked at the price. Canucks believe there is a strong possibility they can sign him next year.

Sakic knows this too. So do some other GMs who have been inquiring. So there is uncertainty about whether an acquiring team can get him under contract now.
So i wonder if this is what he has cooking for dmen. It would also explain the interest in Myers...your puck moving mobility issues would be addressed with Barrie and Hughes...
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:33 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:22 am Vancouver can’t trade their 2020, 1st. It’s already been traded conditionally. And they can’t trade their 2021 1st until we know if they’ll lose their 2020 one.

So i wonder if this is what he has cooking for dmen. It would also explain the interest in Myers...your puck moving mobility issues would be addressed with Barrie and Hughes...
We all know Benning will pay fair market, he doesn’t seem to be able to use leverage to win a trade. I think he will try to use this to get a better deal but not a steal. If the Canucks really think Barrie will test FA and his preference is VCR they may wait a year.

It’s really up to Sakic. He’s done pretty well trading away assets.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Wasn't suggesting using a first round pick for Collin Miller. Was eating Clarkson's contract and maybe a player like Jake cause he's cheap.
Though I'd rather it be Goldy or Biega...It would also have to include a prospect, not anything that people would get too upset about.
I suppose a few teams could do the same, too bad, he'd be my choice.

Barrie is good but another five foot ten guy. Splashy for the fans I guess. BC boy comes home.
I know: do both.
"evolution"