Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO »

Canes will deal one of their dmen for sure, they are a budget team & are looking for younger economical scoring forwards.
As the trade deadline nears, the Carolina Hurricanes have a surplus of a highly-valued commodity - defensemen.

Bob McKenzie answered viewer questions on the NBCSN Overtime show Wednesday evening.

One submission revolved around Dougie Hamilton trade rumors, and where McKenzie saw the defenseman fitting best and at what cost.

“Here’s what I would say about the Dougie Hamilton rumors,” began McKenzie. “I believe the Carolina Hurricanes are willing to consider trading any one of their defensemen that’s not named Jaccob Slavin. I guess they could consider that, but I don’t think they want to. I think Slavin is a guy that they really want to hold onto.

But whether it’s Pesce or whether it’s Faulk or whether it’s Hamilton, you take your pick - go all up and down the lineup - they are looking for more scoring help. They’re looking for young scoring help. They’re looking for economical scoring help, that is players that aren’t yet making a ton of money, but can produce offense and help them in the offensive part of the game.

“So I think right now Carolina is open for business to move a defenseman, it’s just a matter of which one and who comes calling.”

Slavin is locked up to a team-friendly seven-year, $37.1 million contract that kicked in for this season, which comes out to a $5.3 million cap hit.

https://www.nicholsonhockey.com/archive ... ade-rumors
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

And the Blues are the wildcard team who could shake up the trade market with some big moves, team is in disarray.

https://www.nicholsonhockey.com/archive ... ns-to-make
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Pens are admitting that Derick Brassard is a bad fit as the 3rd line center behind Crosby and Malkin. They're looking at acquiring a real 3rd line center... like someone they had before? Cough, Sutter.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:53 pm And the Blues are the wildcard team who could shake up the trade market with some big moves, team is in disarray.

https://www.nicholsonhockey.com/archive ... ns-to-make
Blues have played great the last fifteen games
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Be as it may, the Blues haven't been awesome enough to keep all the players, they acquired a ton of veterans and their team flopped, missed playoffs last year had a rough first half of this season overall.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

:hmmm: the Blues are in the same glorious playoff race Vancouver is in. I doubt Armstrong takes a blow torch to the team
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:53 am :hmmm: the Blues are in the same glorious playoff race Vancouver is in. I doubt Armstrong takes a blow torch to the team
I don't really care, I'm just relaying what the nhl analysts are saying about the Blues, they don't look all stanley cup conteder worthy enough with all their vets though, dontcha think?

They need a retool not a tear down.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Who do you think they’re moving? Can’t see them moving Pietro , Parayko or Tank
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:06 am Who do you think they’re moving? Can’t see them moving Pietro , Parayko or Tank
They might try to trade for a goalie like Bobrovsky, Howard.

pawn off JBo (w/retention) for whatever or Gunnarsson.

Petro and Schenn have one year left and could be massively expensive to re-sign, they could deal them, but Petro stays 99%, it's likelier Schenn is dealt for picks/prospects.

hf/morti cited their horrendous LD:
So barring a trade, we’re likely still going into next season without a true #2 dman to partner with Pietrangelo.

Eddy and Dunn may be able to fill in, but neither of them could be confused for a top-pairing guy right now.
Too bad their 2019 1st is somewhat locked up...Their 2019 1st is conditional to Buffalo for that ROR trade, if it's a top 10 pick they'll keep it & give it em their 2020 1st.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Wild trade Nino Niederreiter to the Hurricanes for Victor Rask, first big trade of the year.

LeBrun:
Hurricanes still hope to go out and get another top 6 forward before Feb 25 and use a d-man to do it.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:21 pm Wild trade Nino Niederreiter to the Hurricanes for Victor Rask, first big trade of the year.

LeBrun:
Hurricanes still hope to go out and get another top 6 forward before Feb 25 and use a d-man to do it.
Goldobin (a top 6, at least what the Vancouver medias are trying to make us believe) and Stecher (throw-in) for Pesce? :mrgreen:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Jovocop wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:03 pm Goldobin (a top 6, at least what the Vancouver medias are trying to make us believe) and Stecher (throw-in) for Pesce? :mrgreen:
Why does that make me think of Natalie Portman?

*looks down*

HEY!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Jovocop wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:03 pm
SKYO wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:21 pm Wild trade Nino Niederreiter to the Hurricanes for Victor Rask, first big trade of the year.

LeBrun:
Goldobin (a top 6, at least what the Vancouver medias are trying to make us believe) and Stecher (throw-in) for Pesce? :mrgreen:
I would think they want a better quality top 6 than goldy if its ferk coming this way. One of vancouvers weaknesses unfortunately which removes them from talks regarding carolinas free agents
If you need air...call it in
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

yeah unfortunately the Canucks dont have the expendable assets yet to pull off a significant trade.
While Goldobin drives us nuts some nights i don't think the Canucks are ready to give up on him yet unless someone gives them a deal they cant refuse
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Pesce isn’t going anywhere