Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Cherry Picker »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:58 pm With the trade today that the Caps made they will sign Carlson. I’m betting he is off the market.

JT will decide in the next 24 hours if he will do his city visits next week. If I’m him, unless the Islanders knock his socks off, I’m doing the city visits. Even then, money is not his number one priority. The question is have the Islanders done enough to keep him. They had a pretty good draft but those kids may not be impact players for a few years. The bigger question for JT is going to be trades and or FA signings. He wants to see the vision.

It would be magical if we could land him, I’m just not seeing it. We are not ready to compete for a Cup. But maybe his buddy Sam can persuade him no? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As far as I’m concerned, this is Sam’s last chance. He either gets Tavares to sign or he is driven to the airport.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If you were a franchise type superstar hitting UFA right now would you even consider going to the farthest franchise in the league that has been a top 5 lotto team for 3 years running? Not a chance. You might go to your childhood home in TO who are just emerging as a power but vancouver? Lol no way
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:24 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:58 pm With the trade today that the Caps made they will sign Carlson. I’m betting he is off the market.

JT will decide in the next 24 hours if he will do his city visits next week. If I’m him, unless the Islanders knock his socks off, I’m doing the city visits. Even then, money is not his number one priority. The question is have the Islanders done enough to keep him. They had a pretty good draft but those kids may not be impact players for a few years. The bigger question for JT is going to be trades and or FA signings. He wants to see the vision.

It would be magical if we could land him, I’m just not seeing it. We are not ready to compete for a Cup. But maybe his buddy Sam can persuade him no? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As far as I’m concerned, this is Sam’s last chance. He either gets Tavares to sign or he is driven to the airport.
Keep your eyes peeled on the leaves regarding Tavares.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Never seen this before Tavares has planned to meet with Vancouver in the window of opportunity.

https://thecanuckway.com/2018/06/10/van ... meet-team/
Citing a source, Eklund at HockeyBuzz.com is reporting that the perennial All-Star “has planned to visit with Vancouver during his five day window leading up to July 1.” Eklund noted that the Canucks are the first team he’s heard in regards to meeting with Tavares.

Now, this doesn’t mean the Canucks are the favorites to sign Tavares or anything. Big-time free agents like Tavares (in all sports), plan meetings with different teams to see their direction, how much they can pay him, structures of a possible contract and more.

But if Tavares is truly planning to meet with the Canucks, it’s definitely something fans should be optimistic about. That certainly means they’re a team that appeals somewhat to him. Vancouver is also one of the few teams that can afford to pay him massive dollars.
Sam wise G
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Don't get yer hopes up folks.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:36 pm Never seen this before Tavares has planned to meet with Vancouver in the window of opportunity.

https://thecanuckway.com/2018/06/10/van ... meet-team/
Citing a source, Eklund at HockeyBuzz.com is reporting that the perennial All-Star “has planned to visit with Vancouver during his five day window leading up to July 1.” Eklund noted that the Canucks are the first team he’s heard in regards to meeting with Tavares.

Now, this doesn’t mean the Canucks are the favorites to sign Tavares or anything. Big-time free agents like Tavares (in all sports), plan meetings with different teams to see their direction, how much they can pay him, structures of a possible contract and more.

But if Tavares is truly planning to meet with the Canucks, it’s definitely something fans should be optimistic about. That certainly means they’re a team that appeals somewhat to him. Vancouver is also one of the few teams that can afford to pay him massive dollars.
Sam wise G
It’s Eklund. Think about it. Why the hell would he sign in the rain forest where the team is a few years away from even competing for the playoffs?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Even if he doesn't sign here, which he likely won't, we need to drive up the salary to whomever he does sign with!

Make things squeeze tighter for the competition.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yeah I doubt it happens, but Vancouver for some reason has ALWAYS been in the big game hunting business for UFA's, I guess Vancouver is a nice area to live if you can afford it aha, and now the team is brimming with high end prospects.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BladesofSteel wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:53 pm Edler Karlsson
Hughes Gudbranson
:mex:
Hugh Woo
Jou Pou

:mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:57 pm Yeah I doubt it happens, but Vancouver for some reason has ALWAYS been in the big game hunting business for UFA's, I guess Vancouver is a nice area to live if you can afford it aha, and now the team is brimming with high end prospects.
Well he’s rumoured to be meeting with five teams. I haven’t seen the Blues mentioned among those teams. To me the Sharks and Blues both make a lot of sense. If he goes to Toronto they are going to be way too top heavy
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

If the Leaves get him it will be a loooong summer with Tuna.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He’s not signing for less than 11. So you have 40 million or more ties up in four forwards. Can’t see it happening unless they trade Willy Nylander.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:28 pm He’s not signing for less than 11. So you have 40 million or more ties up in four forwards. Can’t see it happening unless they trade Willy Nylander.
This is my fear... they sign JT and then trade Nylander for a top-4 RSD.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:33 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:28 pm He’s not signing for less than 11. So you have 40 million or more ties up in four forwards. Can’t see it happening unless they trade Willy Nylander.
This is my fear... they sign JT and then trade Nylander for a top-4 RSD.
Nylander for Tanev?
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:36 pm Nylander for Tanev?
I'd call that a win for Canucks fans, even if it does make the leaves better.