Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Per »

Puljujärvi was actually born in Sweden, not far from here, and has dual Finnish and Swedish citizenships.
His parents are Finnish though, and they moved back when he was four.
Incredibly, he does not speak any Swedish at all. :evil:

Maybe Petey/Edler/Marx can teach him?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:02 pm https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jes ... ay-europe/
Jesse Puljujarvi tells Oilers: ‘Trade me or I’ll play in Europe’

EDMONTON — Jesse Puljujarvi will not play another game for the Edmonton Oilers, according to his agent Markus Lehto.

If the Oilers don’t trade him within the National Hockey League, he will play in Europe next fall.

"If he doesn’t get traded," Lehto confirmed, "he will play in Europe next year. He will not play in Edmonton."
Well Pool Party's value just dropped big time!

Maybe Jimmy can get him attached to Lucic in a Loui trade! :thumbs:

If that's the case, and Milan agrees to waive for the X draft... I say do it!

We could buyout/trade Looch with a sweetener in 2021 if he/his-contract becomes too much to bear.

I'm very intrigued about Poolie... I keep picturing him on Petey's line racking up the points.

Could sign him to a cheap bridge contract as well.

Looch could punch heads in the bottom 6.

Hell, I'd even throw in Goldie to make this happen! :mex:
Granted I am mostly a lurker, and often don't agree with the great strangelove, but I had the same idea. Lucic for LE can't be straight up given the extra year of a shitty contract. Regardless of what Holland says he needs to get something for Pooparty, and could be a nice sweetener. He'll probably be a bust and I don't know who else is reasonable to ask for from the oilers but if we're going to take on another year, this could give it some upside.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Per wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:24 am Puljujärvi was actually born in Sweden, not far from here, and has dual Finnish and Swedish citizenships.

Does that mean he could be the Bret Hull of Sweden / Finland?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

PullyourRV is still 20 years old. Someone will definitely offer up more than just taking Lucic...possibly another stalled formerly high pick/prospect? Maybe if the trade is Lucic/JP for Jake/Eriksson 8-)
If you need air...call it in
givemeda411
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by givemeda411 »

Dreger on TSN690 on the Colorado Avalanche: “If they draft Byram like many believe they will 4th overall, does that open the door for a pretty significant trade, Tyson Barrie’s name has been out there,...there’s a lot of speculation here in Vancouver that Jim Benning is certainly going to get in that conversation and probably has had that conversation".
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:48 am PullyourRV is still 20 years old. Someone will definitely offer up more than just taking Lucic...possibly another stalled formerly high pick/prospect? Maybe if the trade is Lucic/JP for Jake/Eriksson 8-)
That would be tempting,but the Canucks have a good chance of moving on from LE after his signing bonus is paid July 1.
Get rid of his contract,trade Sutter and 2 roster spots are freed up for the young guys.
There's no roster room for overpaid slugs like lootch and the Canucks are set on the bottom 6.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

givemeda411 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:59 am Dreger on TSN690 on the Colorado Avalanche: “If they draft Byram like many believe they will 4th overall, does that open the door for a pretty significant trade, Tyson Barrie’s name has been out there,...there’s a lot of speculation here in Vancouver that Jim Benning is certainly going to get in that conversation and probably has had that conversation".
Interesting. How many shrimpy D can you have before you end up being too small though...?
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:02 pm https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jes ... ay-europe/

EDMONTON — Jesse Puljujarvi will not play another game for the Edmonton Oilers, according to his agent Markus Lehto.

If the Oilers don’t trade him within the National Hockey League, he will play in Europe next fall.

"If he doesn’t get traded," Lehto confirmed, "he will play in Europe next year. He will not play in Edmonton."

We could buyout/trade Looch with a sweetener in 2021 if he/his-contract becomes too much to bear.

I'm very intrigued about Poolie... I keep picturing him on Petey's line racking up the points.

To all the Looch lovers out there, would you still want Looch if we didn't have Loui???
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Tciso wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:28 am

To all the Looch lovers out there, would you still want Looch if we didn't have Loui???
If there was a sweetener involved like pulju yes I would. I’d prefer a guy like miles wood, but that would cost too much
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:02 pm Well Pool Party's value just dropped big time!

Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Puljujarvi is dumber than a sack of hammers but Blobbee is a huge fan of Jesse, but Blobbeee has always had a soft spot for shite 4th overall picks - Sam Bennett, Griffin Reinhart,
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

BingoTough wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:27 am
Per wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:24 am Puljujärvi was actually born in Sweden, not far from here, and has dual Finnish and Swedish citizenships.

Does that mean he could be the Bret Hull of Sweden / Finland?
Nah, he is clear he could only ever play for Finland.
But I think considering he spent his first four years in Sweden, and Swedish is a mandatory subject in Finnish schools (minimum two years) he should be able to speak at least some. :scowl:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

DonCherry4PM wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:40 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:02 pm Well Pool Party's value just dropped big time!

Fuck that gif is hilarious
:lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:40 am

Lol, you twisted fuck...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

@CanucksAbbyFan
@DhaliwalSports says on the air on @Sportsnet650 that #Canucks GMJB heavily pursuing Tyson Barrie right now in trade talks with the Avs.
8:37 AM - 20 Jun 2019
Stats;http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=99406
Contract; https://www.capfriendly.com/players/tyson-barrie
This (rumor), makes as much sense to me as ts on a bull. Why would the Canucks, in the position they're in, do this.
Ok, he's done great for five foot ten and is a very offensive defense man, granted, but he will be 28 in July,
his contract expires next July !st and at that point, Big Bucks. Ridiculous.
I mean if we were a favorite to go far in the playoffs next year and only needed one more piece, well, W/E.
We have enough younger guys to get signed.
I'm just going to speculate that this is more of the old crapolla late june fluff.
"evolution"