Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jake will be putting up equal numbers to, maybe even better than, Nylander and Ehlers (playoff pansies) at a quarter of the cost. Also, Jake don’t need Matthews nor Laine to help with his stats.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

TBL linked to Karlsson to help put em over the top, go all out - but they'd need to clear massive cap space to accomplish this feat with Point RFA, Vasilevskiy RFA next yr, and they are already a cap team.

I'd target their 2019 first round pick #27 + Callahan + probably has to include one of their term players (Miller, TyJo, Palat) for likely cheap depth NHL players + a depth pick, they might want a Sutter to help their checking ability, but has to be 20% retention equaling $3.5M AAV for them.

--

But wait there's more!
The Wild, meanwhile, have been looking to shake things up. Rumblings have suggested Jason Zucker, Jared Spurgeon, Jonas Brodin, Victor Rask or a slew of other players could be on the move.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:21 am TBL linked to Karlsson to help put em over the top, go all out - but they'd need to clear massive cap space to accomplish this feat with Point RFA, Vasilevskiy RFA next yr, and they are already a cap team.

I'd target their 2019 first round pick #27 + Callahan + probably has to include one of their term players (Miller, TyJo, Palat) for likely cheap depth NHL players + a depth pick, they might want a Sutter to help their checking ability, but has to be 20% retention equaling $3.5M AAV for them.

--

But wait there's more!
The Wild, meanwhile, have been looking to shake things up. Rumblings have suggested Jason Zucker, Jared Spurgeon, Jonas Brodin, Victor Rask or a slew of other players could be on the move.
I saw this yesterday about TB potentially having interest and what it would take.

Personally I would predict that if they made it happen they would have next year to grab the grail and after that they would be carrying a boat anchor of a payroll. Pairing Hedman and Karlsson would be crazy, but it would also mean you are relying on a pair of star defensemen who could be starting to show early signs of wear and tear that result in only getting 65-70 games per year, and with the parity of this league these days a cap strapped team could suffer badly when losing key players like that.....Tampa would be gutting their mid-talent depth to pull this off.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:33 am Jake will be putting up equal numbers to, maybe even better than, Nylander and Ehlers (playoff pansies) at a quarter of the cost. Also, Jake don’t need Matthews nor Laine to help with his stats.
When will this occur?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:38 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:33 am Jake will be putting up equal numbers to, maybe even better than, Nylander and Ehlers (playoff pansies) at a quarter of the cost. Also, Jake don’t need Matthews nor Laine to help with his stats.
When will this occur?
Already has, $10.2 Million 7 goals 20 assists.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:45 pm
When will this occur?
Who has the 7/20? 7 million Williom?
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:07 pm
When will this occur?
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

micky107 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:14 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:07 pm
When will this occur?

Everyone hates the smirked young general Kyle Dubas - just like Game of Thrones King Joffrey Baratheon.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

All I know is we need two forward spots filled.

1st line LW.

Could do that with either JT. Miller who has scored 3 goals in 61 playoffs games (LOL) and is signed long term (so part of the cap dump via TBLightning), or mr playoff Saad! whose contract is ends perfectly when Petey and Hughes need new contracts, that would be a perfect target, but would cost us.

2nd line RW. this has to be done asap, I'd suggest Gaudette and Goldobin for Zucker, couple of cheap young bucks with potential for the mid-range scorer.

Then I'd target Jacob Trouba (yeah yeah he wants the east coast life, but a good city, quality team, future, good fit and most importantly wants a good fit did I mention a good fit?, we could re-sign him.....that'll likely cost Tanev, 2020 1st rounder and someone like Baertschi, take the risk, likely cost around $7M-$7.5M tops, better than overpaying for EK imo & if Hughes-Trouba are playing together that duo would be bananas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for a long time.

I'd swap out Sutter ++++ for TyJo ++++

So for spitballin' -

MILLER - PETEY - BOESER
PEARSON - HORVAT - ZUCKER
LEIVO - JOHNSON - VIRTANEN
ROUSSEL - BEAGLE - CALLAHAN

HUGHES - TROUBA
EDLER - STECHER
ALZNER - JUOLEVI

MARKY
DEMKO
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

When will this occur?
So games played doesn’t enter the equation at all? Who will be putting up higher ppg?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:26 am
When will this occur?
So games played doesn’t enter the equation at all? Who will be putting up higher ppg?
Laine’s Wingman - Injuries Mason Ehlers - 0 goals 21 playoff games? Making $6 Million per year?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:41 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:26 am
When will this occur?
Laine’s Wingman - Injuries Mason Ehlers - 0 goals 21 playoff games? Making $6 Million per year?
Relevance?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Bergevin will certainly be on the lookout to add a top-four, left-shot rearguard to the fold.

However, there aren’t many of those in free agency; the list basically starts and ends with Jake Gardiner and Alex Edler with many expecting the latter to remain in Vancouver.

As a result, this is a void that will probably need to be filled via the trade market.

Bergevin has shown he’s willing to make big moves leading up to the draft over the last couple of years and it wouldn’t be surprising to see this be his top priority in the weeks to come.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019/05 ... ens-2.html
Habs have three right handed dmen who could all claim a spot next season:

- Cale Fleury

- Josh Brook

- Noah Juulsen

with Weber and Petry - however other than Victor Mete, no one who can to be a top 4 LHD.

So trading righty for lefty makes sense.
Eriksson + Ben Hutton for Alzner + Juulsen?

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-(Tanev/Schenn....Myers)
Alzner-Juulsen/Rafferty

And when OJ is ready can send Alzner to the Comets.

**Habs and Canucks make good trade partners this offseason by draft.

LD Hutton - RD Juulsen

canucks could drop back 5 spots to take a dman or Lavoie at #15 and move up 25 spots from 3rd->2nd.
VAN: #10 & #71
MTL: #15 & #46

Eriksson - Alzner bad contract swap.
Last edited by SKYO on Mon May 27, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Maybe. But probably not.

He’s like a slightly worse, less useful version of Matt Cooke. As other astute posters have previously pointed out.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

SKYO wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:57 am
Bergevin will certainly be on the lookout to add a top-four, left-shot rearguard to the fold.

However, there aren’t many of those in free agency; the list basically starts and ends with Jake Gardiner and Alex Edler with many expecting the latter to remain in Vancouver.

As a result, this is a void that will probably need to be filled via the trade market.

Bergevin has shown he’s willing to make big moves leading up to the draft over the last couple of years and it wouldn’t be surprising to see this be his top priority in the weeks to come.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019/05 ... ens-2.html
Habs have three right handed dmen who could all claim a spot next season:

- Cale Fleury

- Josh Brook

- Noah Juulsen

with Weber and Petry - however other than Victor Mete, no one who can to be a top 4 LHD.

So trading righty for lefty makes sense.
Eriksson + Ben Hutton for Alzner + Juulsen?

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-(Tanev/Schenn....Myers)
Alzner-Juulsen/Rafferty

And when OJ is ready can send Alzner to the Comets.

**Habs and Canucks make good trade partners this offseason by draft.

LD Hutton - RD Juulsen

canucks could drop back 5 spots to take a dman or Lavoie at #15 and move up 25 spots from 3rd->2nd.
VAN: #10 & #71
MTL: #15 & #46

Eriksson - Alzner bad contract swap.
Is Alzner a legit nhler’s yet?