Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:45 pm
Diehard1 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:39 pm Biega is much better
Gold Jerry, GOLD! :lol:
Nothing like given them the ole Seinfeld - Banyan
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Muzzin -> 1st
Boyle -> 2nd
Bjugstad+McCann -> Brassard+Sheahan+2nd+4th
Kubalik -> 5th
MDZ -> 7th
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Instead of offering Karlsson $11M-$12M x 7 years, cheaper options for a right side QB, but cost assets is:

Brandon Montour, Ducks seem open for deals, but will be pricey.

The likeliest Justin Faulk, had high points under different coach, but with poor goaltending his metrics were poor, having a meh year but his shot totals are almost double than any of our current dmen, could thrive with a change of scenery.

Neal Pionk, NYR he was recently scratched, but he's coming off injury so isn't 100% yet, but has good upside for points. <- also fits age range of current Canucks group rebuild.

Or we just let Stecher get back to how he was under Willie Desjardins, getting 24 pts as a rookie, currently he's on pace for 25 pts with limited minutes and powerplay time.

Stecher currently has a grand total of 15 minutes on the powerplay this season, while Edler has 123 minutes, Hutton 96 min & Pouliot 68 min, even with the all the factors against Stech, Stecher is only 4 points back of Edler with limited minutes and pocket change PP time. :shock:

Troy Stecher has mega untapped potential imesho.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:16 am Or we just let Stecher get back to how he was under Willie Desjardins, getting 24 pts as a rookie, currently he's on pace for 25 pts with limited minutes and powerplay time.

Stecher currently has a grand total of 15 minutes on the powerplay this season, while Edler has 123 minutes, Hutton 96 min & Pouliot 68 min, even with the all the factors against Stech, Stecher is only 4 points back of Edler with limited minutes and pocket change PP time. :shock:
Oh wow! Good number crunching Skyo.
Pouliot has over 4 times the PP time as Stecher.
That makes no sense to me.
"evolution"
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

micky107 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:55 am
SKYO wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:16 am Or we just let Stecher get back to how he was under Willie Desjardins, getting 24 pts as a rookie, currently he's on pace for 25 pts with limited minutes and powerplay time.

Oh wow! Good number crunching Skyo.
Pouliot has over 4 times the PP time as Stecher.
That makes no sense to me.
Giving Poo the sheltered PP minutes to up his value.....
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:52 pm
Nothing like given them the ole Seinfeld - Banyan
Biega is up to a size 44. He's huge. The best Biker Dude... the best!
2011..... the one that got away.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Mëds wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:02 am
Diehard1 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:39 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:58 am Sutter and Beagle enable the Canucks to be ranked 6th best in the league on the penalty kill, it's basically two #1 PK units.

I don't think people recognize the nastiness other teams implemented on the Canucks every game before the arrival of Guds, Roussel.

One Gudbranson on D is enough to help the squad immensely in the tough game, you can surround him with a plethora of talent, Edler, Hughes, Tanev, Hutton, Stecher, Juolevi, Woo - 2019 draft, to make up for his not so good metrics.
Guddy and/or Pouliot are consistently the two worst players on the team, night in and night out. Guddy may be tough but he has zero head for the game, misses passes, gets beat one on one, on the ice for more goals against than anybody else on the team - he’s barely an NHL player. Biega is much better, would definitely prefer him on the third pairing.
Ya know two things I have see a TON less of this year? Our goalie getting steamrolled and our young talented players getting bullied.

You know what this coincides with? Gudbranson being healthy for the entire season for the first time since coming to Vancouver.

I don't think it's a coincidence.
Hmm - could we have some examples? I thought Matheson on Pettersson was this year. So was Kotkaniemi on Petey as well. Sven’s concussion? This year. Head shot on Stecher? This year. Good thing we had that great deterrent Guddy around to stop all of this.....

If you want to confirm your narrative though, you also forget that Roussel is on the team now, he wasn’t here last year. Given he can actually play the game he might be the one to thank.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Biega is better, he’s a solid #6/#7 guy and Guddy is not. 7th worst +/- in the league, next Canuck is 65 (your boy Sutter). Not hard to be better than Guddy, it’s not a high bar.

I’m still amazed anybody thinks he’s Good - he’s statistically one of the worst players in the league and sucks by the eye test as well yet some stick up for him. I get that he’s tall and good looking, but tendencies alone shouldn’t make one like a player.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

SKYO wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:16 am Instead of offering Karlsson $11M-$12M x 7 years, cheaper options for a right side QB, but cost assets is:

The likeliest Justin Faulk, had high points under different coach, but with poor goaltending his metrics were poor, having a meh year but his shot totals are almost double than any of our current dmen, could thrive with a change of scenery.

Neal Pionk, NYR he was recently scratched, but he's coming off injury so isn't 100% yet, but has good upside for points. <- also fits age range of current Canucks group rebuild.

Or we just let Stecher get back to how he was under Willie Desjardins, getting 24 pts as a rookie, currently he's on pace for 25 pts with limited minutes and powerplay time.

Stecher has been good, he’s a solid #4 guy with upside. I get he’s not tall and good looking like some it’s hard to man-crush on him like others, but I like what I’ve seen. He’s a smart player.

With Stecher, Hutton, Hughes and hopefully Juolevi there’s a solid foundation on D. Edler should be solid for another couple of years (don’t sign him for 4 Jim, 3 is fine). Tanev I expect will be gone in a year. Chatfield and Sautner have some promise. Woo is developing well. Ideally another dman or two this year in the draft.

I’m not sure who to target this off-season, yep Montour would be good and Karlsson would be amazing if he’s open to Van (doubt it). Lots of options in the offseason and this D badly needs a different look - Hughes will be a big part but more is likely needed.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Diehard1 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:33 am
SKYO wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:58 am Sutter and Beagle enable the Canucks to be ranked 6th best in the league on the penalty kill, it's basically two #1 PK units.

I don't think people recognize the nastiness other teams implemented on the Canucks every game before the arrival of Guds, Roussel.

One Gudbranson on D is enough to help the squad immensely in the tough game, you can surround him with a plethora of talent, Edler, Hughes, Tanev, Hutton, Stecher, Juolevi, Woo - 2019 draft, to make up for his not so good metrics.
Guddy and/or Pouliot are consistently the two worst players on the team, night in and night out. Guddy may be tough but he has zero head for the game, misses passes, gets beat one on one, on the ice for more goals against than anybody else on the team - he’s barely an NHL player. Biega is much better, would definitely prefer him on the third pairing.
Ya know two things I have see a TON less of this year? Our goalie getting steamrolled and our young talented players getting bullied.

You know what this coincides with? Gudbranson being healthy for the entire season for the first time since coming to Vancouver.

Hmm - could we have some examples? I thought Matheson on Pettersson was this year. So was Kotkaniemi on Petey as well. Sven’s concussion? This year. Head shot on Stecher? This year. Good thing we had that great deterrent Guddy around to stop all of this.....

If you want to confirm your narrative though, you also forget that Roussel is on the team now, he wasn’t here last year. Given he can actually play the game he might be the one to thank.
Atonement for crimes on our players should,(in a perfect world), materialize expeditiously and succinctly.
To think it more prudent or to assume the, "there will be another day", posture is ridiculous and ineffective, inadequate.
The shit should hit the fan during the same contest. Only at a later date if retribution on the perpetrator, (prick), was not achieved.
In my opinion, liberties would not be taken nearly as often if my above mentioned method was employed.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Diehard1 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:33 am

Matheson’s hit was quite exaggerated because of how light Petey is. The hit wasn’t “predatory” just the throw to the ice was over the top, but again, it probably looks like nothing more than a shove on an average size player.

The tangle up with Kotkaniemi is laughable. That was nothing. Just Esa Tikanen level pest tactics that had an unfortunate and unlikely result when Pettersson tried to push back and they both went down.

I don’t consider Baertschi a young star on our team.....and I honestly don’t remember the hit that caused all his issues.

What headshot on Stecher? Was it one where he got elbowed or something because he’s shorter than the average NHL player?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Diehard1 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:46 am
SKYO wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:16 am Instead of offering Karlsson $11M-$12M x 7 years, cheaper options for a right side QB, but cost assets is:

Stecher has been good, he’s a solid #4 guy with upside. I get he’s not tall and good looking like some it’s hard to man-crush on him like others, but I like what I’ve seen. He’s a smart player.
You think Stecher is a solid top 4????

Explains a lot about so many of your posts.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:06 am
Diehard1 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:46 am

You think Stecher is a solid top 4????

Explains a lot about so many of your posts.
I’m not sure he’s a top 4 d man on any other teams but he’s certainly top 4 on this one
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Pettersson traded to Coyotes, Emil that is.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Stretcher has vastly improves this season. That said his ceiling is a bottom pair guy who can spot in the top 4.
If you need air...call it in