Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Mickey107 »

San Jose is for the now.
Only been to the show once.
They could return there this year.
If they get the goal tending.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hank wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:41 pm Doug Wilson has been a very good GM for quite awhile. The Sharks have been contending for a long time thanks to his shrewd drafting and trades.

Not only did he get Dorion to put out on the first date, but this time he stumbled to Pierre's house late at night, drunk out of his gourd and had his way with him again.
Wilson even "wrong hole'd" him and made him like it
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:19 pm
Hank wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:41 pm Doug Wilson has been a very good GM for quite awhile. The Sharks have been contending for a long time thanks to his shrewd drafting and trades.

Not only did he get Dorion to put out on the first date, but this time he stumbled to Pierre's house late at night, drunk out of his gourd and had his way with him again.
Wilson even "wrong hole'd" him and made him like it
Um, Daniel... :eh: :hmmm:

"Doug, before you start, I'd like Ryan Merkely as the center piece along with a 1st rounder."

"Hmmm, Pierre... Let me give you Tierney and Demelo instead. Also THIS."

WRONG HOLE!!!

Seriously though, I hope the Sens at least tried to get Merkely.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Maybe the only solace for the Sens is Karlsson is just a 1 yr rental for SJ, as the Sharks still gotta re-sign Pavelski and a billion RFA's by next year.

Still they shoulda got one top talent prospect or a young great roster player.

hell even Bergevin got Suzuki.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:34 pm Maybe the only solace for the Sens is Karlsson is just a 1 yr rental for SJ, as the Sharks still gotta re-sign Pavelski and a billion RFA's by next year.

Still they shoulda got one top talent prospect or a young great roster player.

hell even Bergevin got Suzuki.
I would have taken Meier and the late 1st rather than that other blob of crap they got.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:39 pm
I would have taken Meier and the late 1st rather than that other blob of crap they got.
:lol: facts.

On another note, a smart team would trade a vet dman to a rival SJ team for one of their good prospects.

For example the Ducks, Stars or Blues, no doubt in my mind they want to keep up with the Joneses.

Edler to one of those teams for a strapping young lad on defense. (re: sell high!)

We got Hughes and Juolevi coming in the left side pretty quick anyways, might as well try to find a future long term partner for Hughes (a big right side dman who has some puck skills to play with Q.)

My vote in one fell swoop - Edler for Carlo (chara is 141 yrs old in nhl years, so bruins need a younger vet).
And then Tanev to leaves because, because.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Wonder if the Canucks circle back on Justin Faulk? the QB right side dman who is stuck behind a deep right side in Carolina.
When TSN released their off-season Trade Bait List in early July, Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Justin Faulk was ranked #4, among the most likely players to be dealt. A little more than two months later, all three players ranked ahead of him – Erik Karlsson, Max Pacioretty, and former teammate Jeff Skinner – have changed teams, while Faulk remains in Raleigh.

But for how much longer? Appearing on TSN Radio 1050 recently, insider Pierre LeBrun revealed that Faulk was a target of the Toronto Maple leaves this summer and speculated that the team could still move to acquire him this season.

LeBrun opines that Faulk, a right-handed shot signed to an extremely reasonable $4.83MM cap hit over two more years...

LeBrun speculates that the Hurricanes are likely asking for a major package in exchange for Faulk.

There have also been some inclinations that the Hurricanes are preparing to move on from Faulk as well, such as acquiring a new top pair righty in Dougie Hamilton and passing over Faulk, a career ’Cane, for their captaincy.
The team is under no pressure to deal their long-time stud defenseman, but if GM Don Waddell receives a strong enough offer, he seems likely to pull the trigger.
https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018/09 ... -wood.html
Faulk won't help defensively, but he'd be a superior choice to help our powerplay as he has a nice blaster and with a change of scenery he could regain his scoring touch, especially as he's only 26 years of age, he'd likely be our most prolific highest scoring dman since Hoffer was here.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Give Tanev all the minutes, build his trade value and sell him to the highest bidder mid-season, try to go after a bigger right side young dman that's a year or two away like Cal Foote.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

SKYO wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:29 am Give Tanev all the minutes, build his trade value and sell him to the highest bidder mid-season, try to go after a bigger right side young dman that's a year or two away like Cal Foote.
I like the thinking behind this idea, but fear that if he gets too many minutes, he will be injured.

My counter is shelter Tanev, forbid him from blocking shots, and sell him to the highest bidder near the deadline, when contenders feel the need to load up, and especially, get defensive insurance.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:32 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:29 am Give Tanev all the minutes, build his trade value and sell him to the highest bidder mid-season, try to go after a bigger right side young dman that's a year or two away like Cal Foote.
I like the thinking behind this idea, but fear that if he gets too many minutes, he will be injured.

My counter is shelter Tanev, forbid him from blocking shots, and sell him to the highest bidder near the deadline, when contenders feel the need to load up, and especially, get defensive insurance.
I suppose in sound logic theory, JB should be seeing who could have the most value trade wise and tell Green to put that player in a position to succeed, then sell high, I mean this is a rebuilding year still, gotta make some key trades here and there for the betterment of the future Canucks.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Imagine this d group minus Tanev :lol:

Doubt that happens
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:12 am Imagine this d group minus Tanev :lol:

Doubt that happens
:lol:
There’s a wizard on this board that thinks the D is just fine. It’s all the coaches fault :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tanev and Edler are the only representation of NHL caliber Defenceman yet we are constantly trading them. Our D is awful as it is, trade one of those two and it becomes far worse than awful. We don’t have an embarrassment of riches back there.

The guy to trade is Sutter. We have someone named Gaudette who is in the A because of him. Trading Sutter won’t hurt us like trading Edler or Tanev
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:31 am Tanev and Edler are the only representation of NHL caliber Defenceman yet we are constantly trading them. Our D is awful as it is, trade one of those two and it becomes far worse than awful. We don’t have an embarrassment of riches back there.

The guy to trade is Sutter. We have someone named Gaudette who is in the A because of him. Trading Sutter won’t hurt us like trading Edler or Tanev
Agree with sutter, but I think you need to look at trading edler, he’s the only chip we got that could return a first (if he has a good season), Id still want to re sign him preferably for just a year to avoid having to protect him, then give him 2 years.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:31 am Tanev and Edler are the only representation of NHL caliber Defenceman yet we are constantly trading them. Our D is awful as it is, trade one of those two and it becomes far worse than awful. We don’t have an embarrassment of riches back there.

I can imagine a conversation between Green, Johnson and Benning (and whoever else constitutes the brain trust on such a subject) in early February about whether Gaudette is ready for Sutter’s spot. Not a conversation about how well Sutter is playing at the time, but whether Gaudette can acceptably take on Sutter’s tasks.

Then we’ll see what Benning can get for him. Depending on how the club is faring, similar discussions may be had concerning the likes of Dahlen and Granlund/Baertschi/Eriksson. Let’s hope the kids in Utica give Benning the opportunity to offload some vets by the deadline.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.